Marvel Tables: General Discussion

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • shawn
    • Aug 2010

I love the Blade table!! By far my favorite of the 4. Wolverine is my 2nd favorite but i do have one complaint about this table, the bright yellow. I end up losing the ball alot just because the color is so bright that i lose track of the ball when it get near the bottom of the table. Maybe its just my tv settings? Who knows. Still an awesome table! Iron Man certainly is hard. All around awesome job once again from Zen Studios!

Comment

• Babbylonian
      • Oct 2010

Originally posted by MAT
      Oh, so it's personal sensitivity, maybe epilepsy related? I didn't pay any attention to the flashing.
      It's personal sensitivity, but I don't think it has anything to do with epilepsy (which is a lot rarer than one would think reading the video game warnings). My eyes get tired playing certain tables and Iron Man is one of them, probably because of the color palette. I get the same thing when I played Bejeweled. It's not the developers' faults; it's just that human eyes are complex devices with a lot of variability from person to person.

Comment

• Extrema22
        • Oct 2010

After putting quite a few hours in it it only seems this package is getting better and better! Today was the first day I played some of the 'old' tables since the Marvel pack releaee, and afterwards I went back to the Marvel pack again

I think my favourite table is Blade, the atmosphere is brilliant! Lots of stuff to do, great day and night cycle and I love that Dracula gimmick. The only complaint I have about this table is that the camera is a bit far away during the glowing multiball, with the glow it's sometimes hard to see the balls but it still looks awesome anyway!

I like the other tables equally, at first I also considered Iron Man as the 'worst' but it just requires practice and patience. But it's definitely the least atmospheric table of the 4.

So all in all an extremely solid package Zen, you guys rock!!! 800MSP is so cheap if you think about all the hours you put in to these tables. If I could pick only one game to play on my 360 it would be an easy pick

Comment

• X DrLobo
          Pinball Wizard
          • Dec 2010

Let me start by saying i aint no pinball wizard but since i heard about marvel tables i downloaded the pbfx2 platform, found out with joy i could get my old pbfx tables back too, got impressed by the four tables of pbfx2 and jumped with joy when the marvel tables got integrated to the platform ! Great job from ZEN STUDIOS !

Now i have to confess i only want to play pinball for weeks on my 360 !

Anyway about the marvel tables : very spectacular, can't say i have a favorite one, my best score of a laughable76 millions is on spiderman and i seem to get consistant 30millions score on the others except on blade ...

Blade i just can't figure out what to do, even though i read and reread the rulesheet ... oh well, it will come i guess... i noticed that general practice is good for general play whatever the table is ...

All in all, i think the marvel tables are a very good addition to the game and having 17 tables in one game is just pure awesomeness !

So now i'm waiting for more and will gladly buy any new thing from ZEN (i even bought everything on ps3)

Comment

• IzzyToxic
            • Nov 2010

One thing that I place a high value on in any game is if that game can make me laugh. I definitely will give Iron Man it's due in that department. I'm even sometimes distracted, happily so, by watching the actions of Tony Stark. I totally lost it the first time that I saw Tony up there getting down with his special dance moves.

You folks at Zen and Marvel really did a good job of giving Iron Tony a funny personality, almost to a fault, but I will take that every time in all of my games.
            The robots are watching you!

Comment

• Womble
              • Nov 2010

Originally posted by lexandro
              I do have an issue with the new tables though. Everyone seems to have a really far back camera in View 6 (multi-ball camera). Im struggling to see the table which is extremely frustrating.
              Agreed.

I can't see enough of the table detail to play comfortably, even with an 80" HD screen. The camera is showing unneeded areas of the table (particularly the zone below the flippers.)

Zen, please do fix this.

Anyway, cheers all, and Happy New Year.

Comment

• Womble
                • Nov 2010

Audio

[mounts his pet hobby horse]

I'd like to see a much greater variety in the VO.

Iron Man's "it's a good thing I have more than one suit" line is really getting to me. Oh Tony, if only you had more than one catch-phrase for when I drain...

Don't get me started (once again) on the use of "Awe-sum", like, you know? ;-)

Finally, the VO writing. I present Exhibit A, yer honour:

You know what they say, the Goblin is always greener.
                Seriously Zen, wtf?

Comment

• Cloda
                  Pinball Wizard
                  • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Womble
                  [mounts his pet hobby horse]

I'd like to see a much greater variety in the VO.

Iron Man's "it's a good thing I have more than one suit" line is really getting to me. Oh Tony, if only you had more than one catch-phrase for when I drain...

Don't get me started (once again) on the use of "Awe-sum", like, you know? ;-)

Finally, the VO writing. I present Exhibit A, yer honour:

Seriously Zen, wtf?
                  How about talking about the scary VO for ROME... oh horror, enough said already!!!

The VO for PASHA in my opinion is also quite grating e.g. something like "Oh No!!! A Giant Snake!!!" or "Defeat the Guards". Seriously, I don't want to hear those phrases ever again but I don't have a choice!!!!! I love playing those tables way too much.

I am most probably in the minority on this, but I can't play with the music on at all, it just seems too distracting for me (nothing to do with how nice or bad the music is). ZEN don't have to do anything about it though because I can put it off permanently.
                  XBox One Gamertag - PinStratsDan

Pinball FX3 Tips & Strategy Guide YouTube Channel - PinStratsDan

Discord server - PinStratsDan

Twitter - PinStratsDan

Facebook - PinStratsDan

Cloda's somewhat vain and sort of self-indulgent thread

Comment

• Lepruk86
                    • Dec 2010

I have a quick question (i'll post here rather than starting a new thread)...

I managed to get all four stages done on spider-man and then got 3 balls locked in; however I didn't get the achievement...

Is there something you have to do AFTER you start the event or do you have to get the second achievement first? Any help appreciated.

EDIT: NP got the achievement second time I activated the mode... weird I didn't get it first time but oh well
                    Last edited by Lepruk86; 12-28-2010, 02:07 PM.

Comment

Working...