Thread: Marvel Tables: General Discussion

Default Marvel Tables: General Discussion

Overall, I'm pleased. The tables are all fun and suit the characters they are based on very well. I find spiderman to be the most fun with many ramps and objectives that are easy to hit. It's interesting because I was least looking forward to Spiderman. Iron man is fun, but suffers from a lot of unavoidable ball losses. That plus the graphics seem much more "jaggy" than the other tables. Blade is nice and moody, and wolverine has some neat features, but the table is on the small side. I do love how the wolverine table looks like it has been beat to hell, like most tables yousee nowadays in arcades. they are all great. Is it just me? Is view 6 further away than the core tables?

Also, wolverine is littered with recycled sounds. I hear the "agents" gun, "nightmare mansion" spooky sound, "rocky & bullwinkle" zooming sound during the fastball special. I'm sure this is pretty common. Not necessarily a criticism, just an observation. The only reason I noticed is because they are all pretty annoying sounds that stood out to me on the original tables.
    Last edited by Phiveball; 12-09-2010 at 04:22 AM.

Ive only played the trials of the tables sofar but Blade and Spiderman seem to be really fun tables. I especially like all the loop arounds on the Spiderman table, it gives it a more "acrobatic" feel, which is probably intended.

I do have an issue with the new tables though. Everyone seems to have a really far back camera in View 6 (multi-ball camera). Im struggling to see the table which is extremely frustrating.

BLADE!! - (un)HOLY ****!!

Zen, you guys really nailed it this time.

Blade captures the pure essence of '90s pinball classics like Terminator 2 and Addam's Family and brings them into 21st century gaming, along with a fantastic theme! The best table I have played for years, and I am including REAL pinball tables in that too!

Pure class. This is Zen's masterpiece.

WOLVERINE:

First impressions were good, colourful artwork and slick layout. Looks like another great addition. I'll no doubt enjoy playing this one. Has more of a 'plastic toy' feel though.

SPIDERMAN:

Looks fun and seems to have a lot of cool features. Layout seems good with some innovative ramps etc. This is another table I will enjoy spending a lot of time on. One specific early gripe was that the pumpkin balls tend to blend into the playfield artwork a little. I'd like to see the addition of an orange (Blade style) 'glow' on the pumpkin balls, just to highlight them a little more.

IRONMAN:

On first play, my initial fears of this table table being inferior to the others seem to have some justification. I had concerns with the layout, artwork, playfield colouring, jaggy rails etc. I would have happily paid the 800MS points for the other three tables and waited for this table to be brought up to the standard of Blade. Zen, I feel this is a HUGE missed opportunity. Ironman is a major cultural icon for Marvel and deserves the same attention given to Blade. I feel that you cannot afford to make mistakes like this again when working with Marvel. I will persevere with it in the hope that it may get re-vamped soon. (Blade pun intended).

One general issue is that I agree with the comments so far about multiball view being too far away. Another case for the 'custom camera' idea?

A final thought - I love the darker, more edgey feel of Blade and would like to see that style carried through to any other Marvel tables that may be in production.

Thank you, Zen. Brilliant work.
    Last edited by kimkom; 12-09-2010 at 10:44 AM.

I'm happy with all the tables but I do feel that Zen is pushing the limits a little when it comes to unrealistic features. I find it kinda "over the top" with the characters flying around on the table etc.

My favorite so far is Ironman and Blade.

Default I think they are all lovely

I think blade and wolverine are my favourites. Wolverine reminds me of a cross between indiana jones and terminator 2, it's got a bitch of a left sidelane but I'm sure as my accuracy improves I'll love it. Blade reminds me a bit of earth shaker or one of pat lawler's fantastic designs. I love the bumber location on all the original tables he created and I love the fact that zen have clearly looked at original tables and thought about what makes them great and upped the anti by cramming even more fun on without cluttering up the tables too much.

The only critisism is the rule sheet for blade looked a little screwed up last night, but I usually don't read them anyway. I just wanted to know about the lane changey bit on the left of the playfield as I couldn't work out what I was supposed to do.

I actually quite like iron man. It's simple but fun. Loads of ramps and I'm looking forward to getting my first ball on the mini playfield.

Quote Originally Posted by MultiForce View Post
    I'm happy with all the tables but I do feel that Zen is pushing the limits a little when it comes to unrealistic features. I find it kinda "over the top" with the characters flying around on the table etc.

Multiforce, and no doubt you will be putting the scores in on them too!

What size/type of screen are you playing on?

Quote Originally Posted by IAMMRBONGO View Post
    Blade reminds me a bit of earth shaker or one of pat lawler's fantastic designs.
    Exactly. Pat Lawlor would be proud.

Quote Originally Posted by kimkom View Post
    Multiforce, and no doubt you will be putting the scores in on them too!

What size/type of screen are you playing on?
    Got a 42" LCD.

Default saunfo sown

Got a 42" LCD.
    This may explain your rediculous scores my man. Either that or heaven forbid you are better at pinball than me

This may explain your rediculous scores my man. Either that or heaven forbid you are better at pinball than me
    Better than the Bongo Man?! Surely some mistake?

My only family is my Roomba, so that might explain something to

I really think you should worry more about that purple vomit guy.... Got to be an alien.

My only family is my Roomba, so that might explain something to

I really think you should worry more about that purple vomit guy.... Got to be an alien.
    I think he got beaten for the high score on the secreats of the deep table the end scores were mental.

My eyes are usually streaming at the end of a long go but these goes must be past the 2 hour mark. I'm usually gunning for kim kom phiveball and dman's scores. It's really opened up the game for me since I added you guys.

Just out of curiosity are you guys turning your controllers upside down for the spiderman gas attacks? I seem to have been holding down both triggers and kind of flipping the controller upside down because my brain won't handle reverse play

It's quite slippery the wrong way up.

Default original garshes

I think he got beaten for the high score on the secreats of the deep table the end scores were mental.

My eyes are usually streaming at the end of a long go but these goes must be past the 2 hour mark. I'm usually gunning for kim kom phiveball and dman's scores. It's really opened up the game for me since I added you guys.

Just out of curiosity are you guys turning your controllers upside down for the spiderman gas attacks? I seem to have been holding down both triggers and kind of flipping the controller upside down because my brain won't handle reverse play

It's quite slippery the wrong way up.
    Of course the difficult bit is when play returns to normal and you are left with a controller that is both upsdie down and back to front

Haven't tried to turn it up side down yet but I guess it might be worth a shot.

I don't really like smashing both buttons every time like I do now.

Just out of curiosity are you guys turning your controllers upside down for the spiderman gas attacks? I seem to have been holding down both triggers and kind of flipping the controller upside down because my brain won't handle reverse play.
    Good idea that, haven't tried it though. On my first attempts I began holding both flippers up when I could and trapping the ball. Thus giving me some time to evaluate what button I was pressing next! First goes were really funny!

I'm surprised that (to my knowledge) this mechanism was never achieved on a real table.

Good idea that, haven't tried it though. On my first attempts I began holding both flippers up when I could and trapping the ball. Thus giving me some time to evaluate what button I was pressing next! First goes were really funny!

I'm surprised that (to my knowledge) this mechanism was never achieved on a real table.
    that's what I was doing. I think jonny mnemonic does something like that in wizard mode, bits of the table start shutting down and then I think that happens.

that's what I was doing. I think jonny mnemonic does something like that in wizard mode, bits of the table start shutting down and then I think that happens.
    nope, looks like I got it wrong.

You might be thinking of Simpson's Pinball Party, it had a reversed mode, but I don't know if it was first.

Q-bert's Quest never changed the flipper buttons, but it had two sets - a regular one, and a lower one with the flippers themselves switched (they each shot away from the middle). It had the same efffect in that players would often hit the wrong button and watch as the ball went down the drain. At least spider-man turns on ball save.

Quote Originally Posted by woof321 View Post
    You might be thinking of Simpson's Pinball Party, it had a reversed mode, but I don't know if it was first.
    Ah right, sorry I don't know any of the new batch of Stern tables. Williams, Bally/Midway and Gottlieb stamp all over those toy makers!

Default Viales that

Quote Originally Posted by Phiveball View Post
    wolverine has some neat features, but the table is on the small side. .
    like wolverine himself, short of stature. i guess this is deliberate.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr List View Post
    like wolverine himself, short of stature. i guess this is deliberate.
    It's like an onion, lots of hidden layers of complexity and makes my eyes sting with joy

Default nd

Kimkom, I think you are being a bit rude towards the Ironman table. When you say that "Zen can't afford doing tables like that", it's like your "point of view" becomes some "objective" and "scientific" assertion : that this is a very bad table and a big mistake from Zen.

Honestly, I don't see what's wrong about it. I enjoy playing it a lot. Maybe if you persevere with it you'll eventually end up liking it. I think the best thing to do when you don't like a table is to... play it ! That's what I did with SOTD... I hated it at the beginning. Then, after playing it a lot, you can speak of something you really know, and your opinion will have a greater value.

I am not saying you are wrong, though. Maybe it's the weakest table... I didn't play the tables enough to give a serious opinion and you certainly played them a lot more than I.

I think it's fine. I'll be playing it much longer that Spider-Man, which is quite fun but a bit too easy - some of the modes are challenging, but the ball can be kept in play so long that eventually I get them. If it gets to the point where it'll take an hour to beat my Spider-Man high score, it'll be hard to set aside enough time to play it much. I expect it'll take a while before tiring of Iron Man, but I definitely feel I'm getting better at it so will persist. There's a fine line between challenging and frustrating, so occasionally it's good to take a break and play a more relaxing table. Some real-life tables are better for playing in a bar with your girlfriend, others are better for tournaments. Zen has again given us a good mix.

Quote Originally Posted by Vincent View Post
    Kimkom, I think you are being a bit rude towards the Ironman table. When you say that "Zen can't afford doing tables like that", it's like your "point of view" becomes some "objective" and "scientific" assertion : that this is a very bad table and a big mistake from Zen.

Honestly, I don't see what's wrong about it. I enjoy playing it a lot. Maybe if you persevere with it you'll eventually end up liking it. I think the best thing to do when you don't like a table is to... play it ! That's what I did with SOTD... I hated it at the beginning. Then, after playing it a lot, you can speak of something you really know, and your opinion will have a greater value.

I am not saying you are wrong, though. Maybe it's the weakest table... I didn't play the tables enough to give a serious opinion and you certainly played them a lot more than I.
    Hi Vincent,

My apologies if you have interpreted any of my posts as being rude. I can assure you that they are not meant that way at all. I have stated on several occasions that my posts are only my personal opinion and all we can go on at the moment is first impressions. If I am being critical, it is meant entirely constructively.

If you have read some of my posts regarding the Ironman table I have stated that, in my opinion, it contains some good character modeling and great music.

To quote myself from another thread, I said - "Zen, don't get me wrong I'm not saying it's bad, I will be playing Ironman but I know it could have been so much better!"

I have been playing it offline and enjoyed doing so, but that didn't alter my own personal opinion of it being the weakest of the Marvel tables.

Peace, man.

To quote myself from another thread, I said - "Zen, don't get me wrong I'm not saying it's bad, I will be playing Ironman but I know it could have been so much better!"
    That's right, sorry... it's just that it sounded to me like "I don't mean the table is entirely crap, but you really messed up with it."

Peace, man.
    Of course, "peace"

Like you said :

"If I am being critical, it is meant entirely constructively !"
    Last edited by Vincent; 12-10-2010 at 07:31 PM.

Well, Superheroes/Villains DO tend to push the limits when it comes to unrealistic abilities, and are often over the top.

i was thinking about that coment while i was playing around on the tables and in all honesty they are not all that unrealistic.

mars has shuttles,laser beam and holographic ramps. that stuff is totally out of the box but the marvel tables only really have the figures of the characters (well blade has fx on balls too) just about everything on the actual tables in the way of play with the ball is realistic.

granted for the super purists this would be very unrealistic but considering i myself though i prefered the realistic tablesa dont find these bad at all.

also when people say realsitic what do they actually mean?

with unlimited funds and the use of the experts in the most advanced robotics and animatronics fields i think you may even manage some of the marvel tables IRL.

on the topic, spiderman ticks me off!
    doc ock comes down you cant see a thing,i really dont like that.

that's when unrealsitic features shouldnt be used.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr List View Post
    i was thinking about that coment while i was playing around on the tables and in all honesty they are not all that unrealistic.

mars has shuttles,laser beam and holographic ramps. that stuff is totally out of the box but the marvel tables only really have the figures of the characters (well blade has fx on balls too) just about everything on the actual tables in the way of play with the ball is realistic.

granted for the super purists this would be very unrealistic but considering i myself though i prefered the realistic tablesa dont find these bad at all.

also when people say realsitic what do they actually mean?

with unlimited funds and the use of the experts in the most advanced robotics and animatronics fields i think you may even manage some of the marvel tables IRL.

on the topic, spiderman ticks me off!
    doc ock comes down you cant see a thing,i really dont like that.

that's when unrealsitic features shouldnt be used.
    I didn't really write what I meant

Stuff that blocks your view (especially moving stuff) is a bit much for me. I do love the tables but I don't like it when I'm not able to see the ball and whatever else I need to see all the time. I want the ball space on a table to be as "clean" and realistic as possible. Mars is a very clean and nice table but it still has some cool effects and other stuff but the one thing that actually annoys me on the Sigma 2 table is when the ball gets cut in half.

I do see the point when it comes to Marvel though

I'm going to buy and enjoy every table Zen makes anyway as I think they are well done, and the "original" tables they got (especially the last four FX2) are more fun and exciting than most other pinball games I've tried.

Iron Man DMD instruction says:

"Shoot the lighting symbols and the mission hole..."

Should be "lit"?

KickBeaten Down

Quote Originally Posted by woof321 View Post
    I think it's fine. I'll be playing it much longer that Spider-Man, which is quite fun but a bit too easy - some of the modes are challenging, but the ball can be kept in play so long that eventually I get them. If it gets to the point where it'll take an hour to beat my Spider-Man high score, it'll be hard to set aside enough time to play it much. I expect it'll take a while before tiring of Iron Man, but I definitely feel I'm getting better at it so will persist. There's a fine line between challenging and frustrating, so occasionally it's good to take a break and play a more relaxing table. Some real-life tables are better for playing in a bar with your girlfriend, others are better for tournaments. Zen has again given us a good mix.
    I'd just like to point out that you can continue a saved game in PFX2 without invalidating your score for the leaderboards. The game automatically saves when you exit it from the pause menu, I believe, and you have the option to resume it when you go to that table again from the main menu.

So, on a completly random note, I've verified that Yuri Lowenthal voices Spider-Man on the Spider-Man table. (For those who aren't immedietly familiar with Yuri, he voices Sasuke Uchiha from Naruto, Suzaku Kururugi in Code Geass, Teen Ben Tennyson in Ben 10 Alien Force/Ultimate Alien, and Cecil in FFIV/FF Dissidia, among other roles).

KickBeaten Down

Quote Originally Posted by Liquid-X View Post
    So, on a completly random note, I've verified that Yuri Lowenthal voices Spider-Man on the Spider-Man table. (For those who aren't immedietly familiar with Yuri, he voices Sasuke Uchiha from Naruto, Suzaku Kururugi in Code Geass, Teen Ben Tennyson in Ben 10 Alien Force/Ultimate Alien, and Cecil in FFIV/FF Dissidia, among other roles).
    Yep, I thought he did a really good Spider-Man. He did more than one character in this set of tables...

Turn left at the Big Chicken and go 15 miles. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Thebigchicken.jpg

Kudos to Zen for making the Marvel tables not only fun, but very attractive and colorful. When I first went back to one of the FX 2 core tables - which, by the way, I always liked very much - they now seem a little less bright and shiny than the Marvel tables do. I realize that being based on a comic book universe makes one expect colorful tables but I would go as far as classifying the Marvel tables as vibrant.

Yep, there is a lot more colour saturation on the Marvel tables. So much so that I found I had to switch my System colour reference setting from 'Intermediate' to 'Standard'.

Perhaps this could be applied as another display option? i.e. Brightness, Contrast and Saturation sliders?

KickBeaten Down

Yep, there is a lot more colour saturation on the Marvel tables. So much so that I found I had to switch my System colour reference setting from 'Intermediate' to 'Standard'.

Perhaps this could be applied as another display option? i.e. Brightness, Contrast and Saturation sliders?
    It's something we've talked about, especially since some players have had trouble with the night view in Blade, but there's nothing definite planned yet.

Now that we talk about voiceovers. What was the idea behind "Iron Man" announcement on table select screen? Wolverine, Spideman and Blade sound something like the characters

As a longtime Marvelite and the only reason I discovered pfx2 was due to the Marvel suite of tables I should weigh in on them individually.

Blade is definetly my favorite, and not only captures the dark humor and edginess of the characters, but the table truly feels like the 90's, Blade's heyday, not only in table appearance, but in respect to the artistry of Marvel comics at that time (late 90's). I love how day and night change your options, and it seems like no matter what I do I get good points without a struggle (16 mil is my high, but i feel like I can break it)

Wolverine gets my second place, mostly because I've discovered that I like short fast tables like this. I love the addition of Silver Samurai and HAND ninjas as these are more obscure references than, say, the Sentinel and Sabertooth (the "annual fight" reference is great). Just hate that blasted left outlane

Spiderman is quickly growing on me. Comic-wise its possibly even tighter than Blade as Spiderman is kind of the Batman of Marveldom (WAIT: I only mean that they both have the most colorful villains in thier universes, not that they are similar in ANY other way). Mysterio continues his dubious importance as a final boss for almost al Spidey video-games, but that's fine as I love watching Mysterio get beat down. Play-wise this is a favorite of minedue to the fact that its a BIG score table, my current high is 21 mil.

Ironman... well, not a lot of love on this thread for this founding Avenger. I dig to extremes the addition of Mandrin, who is the Ironman's #1 nemesis; I'd dig Ultron too, but I haven't brought him out yet (I'm getting closer. I think the color pallet and Stark Tower are very 80's Ironman, which is cool, and the tall Tony Stark in the center of the table immediately made me think of Tony's ego.
    Play-wise I don't dig on this table much. Its outlanes are fair, and the kickbacks aren't hard to get, but the table doesn't flow like the others, plus to the UNSKILLED (hey, I'm a comic nerd, not a pinball wiz), you can bounce the ball around forever without getting much score. Can't break 10 mil on this one

KickBeaten Down

Quote Originally Posted by Dalek Nation View Post
    As a longtime Marvelite and the only reason I discovered pfx2 was due to the Marvel suite of tables I should weigh in on them individually.

Blade is definetly my favorite, and not only captures the dark humor and edginess of the characters, but the table truly feels like the 90's, Blade's heyday, not only in table appearance, but in respect to the artistry of Marvel comics at that time (late 90's). I love how day and night change your options, and it seems like no matter what I do I get good points without a struggle (16 mil is my high, but i feel like I can break it)

Wolverine gets my second place, mostly because I've discovered that I like short fast tables like this. I love the addition of Silver Samurai and HAND ninjas as these are more obscure references than, say, the Sentinel and Sabertooth (the "annual fight" reference is great). Just hate that blasted left outlane

Spiderman is quickly growing on me. Comic-wise its possibly even tighter than Blade as Spiderman is kind of the Batman of Marveldom (WAIT: I only mean that they both have the most colorful villains in thier universes, not that they are similar in ANY other way). Mysterio continues his dubious importance as a final boss for almost al Spidey video-games, but that's fine as I love watching Mysterio get beat down. Play-wise this is a favorite of minedue to the fact that its a BIG score table, my current high is 21 mil.

Ironman... well, not a lot of love on this thread for this founding Avenger. I dig to extremes the addition of Mandrin, who is the Ironman's #1 nemesis; I'd dig Ultron too, but I haven't brought him out yet (I'm getting closer. I think the color pallet and Stark Tower are very 80's Ironman, which is cool, and the tall Tony Stark in the center of the table immediately made me think of Tony's ego.
    Play-wise I don't dig on this table much. Its outlanes are fair, and the kickbacks aren't hard to get, but the table doesn't flow like the others, plus to the UNSKILLED (hey, I'm a comic nerd, not a pinball wiz), you can bounce the ball around forever without getting much score. Can't break 10 mil on this one
    Glad you're enjoying the game.

On Wolverine, there is a kickback you can activate for the left outlane by hitting two targets on the right wall of the table. I believe the kickback even stays active when you lose a ball by other means.

Iron Man is definitely a no-frills sharpshooter's table.

Quote Originally Posted by Solitude View Post
    Iron Man is definitely a no-frills sharpshooter's table.
    I love Iron Man for that. There are so many lanes, you have to know exactly what you're doing ! And you'd better not do weak shots if you don't want the ball to go straight into the drain. Remembers me of Rome...

The Iron Man table is frustrating. And the red color is nothing but stress to me. It gives me headaches after 30mins of playing this table. I broke my controller yesterday.

A few comments after playing the Marvel tables a bit more. Wolverine and Spiderman are my favorites, then Blade and Iron Man is definitely the worst. Iron Man is truly a nasty sharpshooter table, a bit like Rome. Blade is like Pasha, cool features but difficult to score and keep the ball in play. Big thanks for the Spiderman table, where even a poorer player can get a good score and more importantly: keep the ball in play, so one game doesn't last two minutes and you can advance further in the table's "plot".

Zen clearly thinks about different skill levels and play styles when designing the tables, something for everyone

Quote Originally Posted by jacko View Post
    The Iron Man table is frustrating. And the red color is nothing but stress to me. It gives me headaches after 30mins of playing this table. I broke my controller yesterday.
    Adjust your screen. Many TV's have factory settings that are overbright and oversaturated.

For me, Marvel tables look just fine, even Blade's night view.

Quote Originally Posted by MAT View Post
    Adjust your screen. Many TV's have factory settings that are overbright and oversaturated.

For me, Marvel tables look just fine, even Blade's night view.
    I tried different settings but it's to much for me. Also the Wolverine table, when the lights start to flash after you hit the ninja hands or the fastball, it's hard to follow the ball with your eyes. Can't explain this. You see it coming, but most of the time it's luck not to give away the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by jacko View Post
    I tried different settings but it's to much for me. Also the Wolverine table, when the lights start to flash after you hit the ninja hands or the fastball, it's hard to follow the ball with your eyes. Can't explain this. You see it coming, but most of the time it's luck not to give away the ball.
    Oh, so it's personal sensitivity, maybe epilepsy related? I didn't pay any attention to the flashing.

Spiderman would be my favourite of the new tables. When you get in the zone, it is a really fun table to play. I managed to get 140-odd million the other day, which put my only a few million from being top of my friends list

I love the Blade table!! By far my favorite of the 4. Wolverine is my 2nd favorite but i do have one complaint about this table, the bright yellow. I end up losing the ball alot just because the color is so bright that i lose track of the ball when it get near the bottom of the table. Maybe its just my tv settings? Who knows. Still an awesome table! Iron Man certainly is hard. All around awesome job once again from Zen Studios!

Quote Originally Posted by MAT View Post
    Oh, so it's personal sensitivity, maybe epilepsy related? I didn't pay any attention to the flashing.
    It's personal sensitivity, but I don't think it has anything to do with epilepsy (which is a lot rarer than one would think reading the video game warnings). My eyes get tired playing certain tables and Iron Man is one of them, probably because of the color palette. I get the same thing when I played Bejeweled. It's not the developers' faults; it's just that human eyes are complex devices with a lot of variability from person to person.

After putting quite a few hours in it it only seems this package is getting better and better! Today was the first day I played some of the 'old' tables since the Marvel pack releaee, and afterwards I went back to the Marvel pack again

I think my favourite table is Blade, the atmosphere is brilliant! Lots of stuff to do, great day and night cycle and I love that Dracula gimmick. The only complaint I have about this table is that the camera is a bit far away during the glowing multiball, with the glow it's sometimes hard to see the balls but it still looks awesome anyway!

I like the other tables equally, at first I also considered Iron Man as the 'worst' but it just requires practice and patience. But it's definitely the least atmospheric table of the 4.

So all in all an extremely solid package Zen, you guys rock!!! 800MSP is so cheap if you think about all the hours you put in to these tables. If I could pick only one game to play on my 360 it would be an easy pick

Let me start by saying i aint no pinball wizard but since i heard about marvel tables i downloaded the pbfx2 platform, found out with joy i could get my old pbfx tables back too, got impressed by the four tables of pbfx2 and jumped with joy when the marvel tables got integrated to the platform ! Great job from ZEN STUDIOS !

Now i have to confess i only want to play pinball for weeks on my 360 !

Anyway about the marvel tables : very spectacular, can't say i have a favorite one, my best score of a laughable76 millions is on spiderman and i seem to get consistant 30millions score on the others except on blade ...

Blade i just can't figure out what to do, even though i read and reread the rulesheet ... oh well, it will come i guess... i noticed that general practice is good for general play whatever the table is ...

All in all, i think the marvel tables are a very good addition to the game and having 17 tables in one game is just pure awesomeness !

So now i'm waiting for more and will gladly buy any new thing from ZEN (i even bought everything on ps3)

Turn left at the Big Chicken and go 15 miles. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Thebigchicken.jpg

One thing that I place a high value on in any game is if that game can make me laugh. I definitely will give Iron Man it's due in that department. I'm even sometimes distracted, happily so, by watching the actions of Tony Stark. I totally lost it the first time that I saw Tony up there getting down with his special dance moves.

You folks at Zen and Marvel really did a good job of giving Iron Tony a funny personality, almost to a fault, but I will take that every time in all of my games.

Quote Originally Posted by lexandro View Post
    I do have an issue with the new tables though. Everyone seems to have a really far back camera in View 6 (multi-ball camera). Im struggling to see the table which is extremely frustrating.
    Agreed.

I can't see enough of the table detail to play comfortably, even with an 80" HD screen. The camera is showing unneeded areas of the table (particularly the zone below the flippers.)

Zen, please do fix this.

Anyway, cheers all, and Happy New Year.

Default Audio

[mounts his pet hobby horse]

I'd like to see a much greater variety in the VO.

Iron Man's "it's a good thing I have more than one suit" line is really getting to me. Oh Tony, if only you had more than one catch-phrase for when I drain...

Don't get me started (once again) on the use of "Awe-sum", like, you know? ;-)

Finally, the VO writing. I present Exhibit A, yer honour:

You know what they say, the Goblin is always greener.
    Seriously Zen, wtf?

Quote Originally Posted by Womble View Post
    [mounts his pet hobby horse]

I'd like to see a much greater variety in the VO.

Iron Man's "it's a good thing I have more than one suit" line is really getting to me. Oh Tony, if only you had more than one catch-phrase for when I drain...

Don't get me started (once again) on the use of "Awe-sum", like, you know? ;-)

Finally, the VO writing. I present Exhibit A, yer honour:

Seriously Zen, wtf?
    How about talking about the scary VO for ROME... oh horror, enough said already!!!

The VO for PASHA in my opinion is also quite grating e.g. something like "Oh No!!! A Giant Snake!!!" or "Defeat the Guards". Seriously, I don't want to hear those phrases ever again but I don't have a choice!!!!! I love playing those tables way too much.

I am most probably in the minority on this, but I can't play with the music on at all, it just seems too distracting for me (nothing to do with how nice or bad the music is). ZEN don't have to do anything about it though because I can put it off permanently.

I have a quick question (i'll post here rather than starting a new thread)...

I managed to get all four stages done on spider-man and then got 3 balls locked in; however I didn't get the achievement...

Is there something you have to do AFTER you start the event or do you have to get the second achievement first? Any help appreciated.

EDIT: NP got the achievement second time I activated the mode... weird I didn't get it first time but oh well
    Last edited by Lepruk86; 12-28-2010 at 03:07 PM.