Thread: Rome game frozen

Default Rome game frozen

I got about 38 millions on Rome and at a moment, when I had to choose "justice" or "mockware" I chose "justice" and tried to aim at the wheel but nothing happened, my ball disappeared, and I couldn't do anything. I had to start it all again.

Those freezes are not normal at all, the Zen team should take them very seriously and eradicate them. Just imagine someone getting this freeze around 2 billions or even more. I hope Zen has a good assurance for in case players would commit suicide...

Did the game actually freeze (as in frames stop being processed: no animation at all) or was it that the ball disappeared and the game mechanics didn't continue?

I've had a couple of instances on other tables where balls get lost and the game needed a restart, but not an actual freeze. (Freezes are the apocalypse for game developers.

I think Zen could include a "Reset Ball" feature for this kind of situation. I think they do have a mechanism for detecting when a ball is still for too long -- I recall seeing a ball position "reset" -- but it clearly doesn't catch all cases.

No, the game didn't actually freeze. But the ball disappeared and nothing happend to allow me to launch a new one. I had to restart the game.

KickBeaten Down

We will definitely try to reproduce this and fix it.

Out of curiosity, did you try quitting the game to save it and then continuing the saved game?

If something like this happens in the future, perhaps there is some way that the dev team can reproduce the problem using the saved game. I'll ask.

I had a similar incident with SotD table. Saving the game and returning to it didn't do anything, the "no ball" situation just continued indefinitely. I remember that I had just got an extra ball, it was perhaps just before or during multiball. Then I drained all balls and the game didn't continue, just stood there waiting. Sadly I haven't got the save game anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Solitude View Post
    We will definitely try to reproduce this and fix it.

Out of curiosity, did you try quitting the game to save it and then continuing the saved game?

If something like this happens in the future, perhaps there is some way that the dev team can reproduce the problem using the saved game. I'll ask.

Yes I did try to save the game and re-enter it. But it didn't help.