View Poll Results: Most satisfying purchase?

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • Core Set

8 25.00%
  • PFX Originals Set

1 3.13%
  • Marvel Set

12 37.50%
  • Nightmare Mansion

2 6.25%
  • Rocky and Bullwinkle

2 6.25%
  • Street Fighter II

1 3.13%
  • Earth Defense

1 3.13%
  • Excalibur

5 15.63%

Thread: Favorite Table Set/Standalone

Default Favorite Table Set/Standalone

Hello all,

I got into the PFX 2 thank to the Marvel Tables, and am now ready to buy more. I can only afford one set of tables, and was really surprised to find that no one has made a poll on favorite purchases (as in sets or standalone tables); so to help me decide what to purchase next (can't do it all ) please click on which of these you felt the most satisfied with. Thanks all

No doubt about it.... if you can afford it, go for the core set. Reading the reviews I just had to shake my head in astonishment when people complained that $3 a table is expensive. Really people.... how can you compare the enjoyment from one hamburger to hours and hours of pinball mastery!!!!

After the core set I would suggest you go for Excalibur and then Earth Defence. The rest of the original tables in my opinion you can do without, they are not nearly as detailed or involved as the later tables. Save your money rather for the new tables that ZEN will release in the future.

Like he said : core set ... impressive tables ... the pdfx1 pack is fun too but not as good as the core pack mainly because of extreme and buccaneer wich i don't find very interesting, and thats 2 of 4 tables so ... maybe on a future sale... wait... i didn't say they were bad, just more classics and not so spectacular.

After that i'd go with earth defense, exclaibur for me is a win or lose since i know as much people loving and hating it ...

Street fighter is also good imo but quite hard.

Rocky and bullwinkle and nightmare mansion lack features ...

Again, that's my personal tastes but seeing you like the marvel tables, i guess its a good advice, why don't you try preview them all ???

Have fun !

Rocky & Bullwinkle is my favourite table. I suggest you try the demo's of all tables, and make up your own mind

BTW - I think you missed Buccaneer from your poll options, not that I would have voted for it heh heh.

EDIT: I would say that the core set offers more value (and better tables) than the FX1 set of tables. If you could only afford one set, get the FX2 core pack.
    Last edited by Scotty Canuck; 12-24-2010 at 06:41 AM. Reason: added more stuff!

Personally, I am in the camp that loves Excalibur.. I'm not that great at it, but the music swells and its time to get Medieval...

But overall, I'd say I enjoy the Marvel tables as a package moreso.. I have all three packs (I picked up the demo versions of most on a whim on Live and then.. was hooked in short order), but while I enjoy Agents and Buccaneer is okay, Speed Machine I feel strictly neutral on and I have, honestly, no real love for Extreme at all.

Enjoy the core pack tables, though Rome can be simply brutal, and of those tables I don't have a clear favorite.. they're all good but not stellar to my tastes.

All the Marvel tables are fairly enjoyable, but in honesty I absolutely love Blade and Wolverine best; add Excalibur to that list and you have my top three tables in no particular order.

Hey all; a bit of a hijack but I am in the same boat at this moment.

I have 1k points now to spend on 1 set + 1 random.

I have demoed them all and I actually think I am going to go for the fx1 core set and then excalibur.

My thinking is this:

1: the marvel tables offer the whackiness of the fx2 tables so I have that base covered.

2: the core tables all feel like realistic machines (for better or worse).

3: arriving late to the party I kind of want to play the tables in order (with the exception of the marvel ones as they were my first buy) so that the earlier ones do not get out shadowed by the later ones.

Oh and buying Excalibur out of order is simply because I LOVE the trial version of that table so much.

Would anyone really strongely not recommend doing this?

Quote Originally Posted by Lepruk86 View Post
    Hey all; a bit of a hijack but I am in the same boat at this moment.

I have 1k points now to spend on 1 set + 1 random.

I have demoed them all and I actually think I am going to go for the fx1 core set and then excalibur.

My thinking is this:

1: the marvel tables offer the whackiness of the fx2 tables so I have that base covered.

2: the core tables all feel like realistic machines (for better or worse).

3: arriving late to the party I kind of want to play the tables in order (with the exception of the marvel ones as they were my first buy) so that the earlier ones do not get out shadowed by the later ones.

Oh and buying Excalibur out of order is simply because I LOVE the trial version of that table so much.

Would anyone really strongely not recommend doing this?
    Yes! The experience from the core tables is so much better both in terms of quality and depth of gameplay. If you didn't play fx 1 don't even bother with those tables except for the last two.

I would strongly advise leaving the original FX1 tables to last on any purchase. The core FX2 tables and the Marvel tables are by far the best in the game and should be the first purchase you make. Then add the single tables you like, such as Excalibur.

The original FX1 tables are the oldest and frankly the worst of the bunch. That is to say that they are not bad tables per say just that out of the selection they are at the bottom on terms of design and playstyle.