Thread: The Complete Guide to BioLab

Default The Complete Guide to BioLab

Any comments or sugestions are appreciated.

The Complete Guide to Bio Lab
    Ok so this is my second guide for PBFX2 and its a doozey!

Biolab is a very "busy" table, there's alot going on. In an effort to keep things clear, I'm going to highlight each part of the table AND what it's for. There are so many different minigames to this table that I just don't have the time to go into detailed explination of the best way to complete them all, I will make an effort to explaine the basics though.

BioLab is a story of a Mad Scientist "The Prof" his assistant "the Nurse" and his side kick "Grumblar". They are doing genetic experments to create a superior creature , a perfect being to presumably take over the world!
    In an effort to keep the begining of the guide clear, I'm going to first quickly explaine the "coner stone" of the table. Just about every PBFX2 table has one, in ROME its the Janus Head, in BioLab its the prof's trusty side kick "Grumblar". He's a three-eyed yellow mutant sitting roughly in the middle of the table, off centered to the right a little. Alot of important shots revolve around around grumblar, as matter of fact all of what I consider the three most important shots of any table rely on him.

As with my other guide for PBFX2, I'm going to start with what I think the three most important shots on any PBFX table are.

1) Kick Backs: Kick backs are a must, they are the only way to save your ball from an outlane. Although you can Death Save from a right outline they are far from relaiable. To activate the kickbacks for bio lab is a two part process. First you must hit Grumblars left or right eye while its open, this starts a countdown to activate the left or right kick back respectivly. If you hit the left eye you will have 15 seconds to hit the left ramp. (It will flash) Once the ramp is hit the kick back light will illuminate and the kickback will stay active untill you use it. For the right kickback you will have 15 seconds to hit the upper right orbit (again it will flash). More on the orbits and ramps later, for now just know they will flash while the countdown is active.

2) Extra Ball: If you want to score big you're going to need as many balls as possible, in other words "It takes alot of balls to get a high score on PBFX2" Biolab has a brutal ritual you must perform to get a free ball, but its repeatable, so I guess thats a plus. So far I've only found one way to get a free ball, there may be more but it's unknown for now. First you must hit the 2 "Get Out" targets, they have beaker above them and make a breaking sound when you hit them. They are to the left of the field on the outer rim of the farthest left orbit. After hitting them both the magnet in between them will light up. A countdown will start and you'll have 15+ seconds to get the ball to the magnet. If you make it congrats, you've started the "Escape" mini game and you're about 33% on your way to getting a free ball! When the game starts a new playfield drops from the left side, wait untill the dot matix says "jump" and hit the launch button, this will drop the ball on the new playfield. From here you can use the flipper buttons to tilt this playfield left and right. The object is to get the ball in the kickback hose (bottom left) without falling through the hole on the bottom right, However.. if you want a free ball you're going to have to light up all 4 lights on the playfield making the game much more difficult. My reccomendation is once you jump onto the playfield hold down the "x" button to go into free view mode. Examine the the playfield, you'll see "Light all four targets for a free ball" try to map out a plan. Its' a figure 8 basicly but no amount of explaining will help, you just have to do it. Ok, so you're not dissapointed, that light lied to you. Lighing those four targets will not get you a free ball. It will however light the free ball indicator though. To complete the escape mission you must make it into the kickback hose, then into the mutation hole (more on that later, but its to the right of the table, where your ball pops out if you revive or miss the skill shot) within 10 seconds. The free ball is also goten via the mutation hole. I honestly dont think its possible to get both in one shot, you're eaither going to light all the lights and fall out the right side of the play field, or your going to make it to the kick back hose without all the lights lit. I'm pretty sure its designed this way, if you can do both then you're the man. The other good news is if you only get 2 of the lights they stay lit untill you activate the mission again, weather you lose a ball or not. So basicly you need to do the mission twice.

3) Ball Saver: There are actually 2 ways to activate the ball save in Bio lab. The first is by hitting the left ramp 4 times. It dosen't have to be in succsession, just 4 times in one ball, from there, the word "Revive" will light up in the out lane, when the ball passes through it the revive light will go on between the flippers. In order to keep this ball save on without using it immediatly after you activate it (because to activate it your ball will be in an outlane) you must have the proper kick back turned on. The second way is a little tough to explaine, but it's defenatly less work. Beneath the "skill shot globe" there is some sort of hole or path, unfortunatly you just can't see it, I tried and tried to get the right view but the globe completly obstructs it. You can get to it by banking off of grumblars right side, or somtimes from a bounce back off the right orbit. You'll know when you've hit it, the prof will say "What are you doing here? This room is off limits!" or "this room is for my eyes only" The ball will then be put back at the plunger, and you'll have another opportunity for a skill shot, from there you will get the standard 30 second ball save, just like when you first launch your ball! Once you get it, you'll have a better understanding of where the ball needs to go, I believe it's obstructed on purpose, as its a "Secret room" and potentally worth 1m+ points after the skill shot, and gives you the ball saver.
    So there's the top 3, next up..

Skill Shot: This one can be a gaurenteed 1mil every time once you get the feel for it. Here's the trick. When you pull the plunger you'll notice 3 lines and a vile of green fluid. Pull very slowly, just a hair past the seond line (And I mean a hair, the smallest possible distance past the second line) and release. If you do this correctly the ball will NOT circle around the skill shot globe, it will just pop up and in to the top hole. It takes a little practice but once you realize exactly where the spot is, it becomes very easy. Slowly pull the plunger back, watch that second line, if the ball circles around the globe the hit was too hard (too far past the second line) if the ball dosen't circle but missed the top then you probly where right on the second line, somtimes a nudge can help in that spot but it's not consistant. Once you make the skill shot you have an opportunity for a "super skill shot" Instead of the ball being lowered to the bottom playfield it will be ejected to the top. From there hit the "Clone ramp" (red flashing light, can't miss it) For a super skill shot and start you game near or over a million points, (depending on the multipler for the skill shot, at 4x you will get 800k for the skill shot and another 800k for the super skill shot for a total of 1.6 million before you even start playing!) This Super Skill Shot also applys when you make it into the secret room mentioned above.

Score Multiplier: This is acehievd by hitting grumblars middle eye while open. You will get a 15 second countdown to hit "Grumblars orbit" (This is the middle orbit leading to the bumpers, it it reached with the top left flipper, again, it will flash while the countdown is active) You must reinitiate the countdown each time to go from 2x to 4x and up.

Ok there is a ton of stuff to do in BIOLAB, in order to keep things clear I'm going to start with "Whats on the Machine", from there Ill go through the missions and minigames. There may be some overlap.

WHATS ON THIS MACHINE:
    Theres alot so bear with me, I'll do my best to get it all, starting from the bottom, working my way up.

Left inlane #1- Has a small square on in it that chnges colores with ball passes. Yellow, white and purple. These corrispond with the three words on the left ramp, Twister, Jackpot and Nursery.

Left Inlane #2: Actiavtes the Flux Wheel, turn the square blue with a left slingshot hit, then roll the ball down the lit square.

Right Inlane: Same as left #2.

Escape Route: This is the far left orbit. There are 2 beaker targets on its sides, the magnet inbetween them activates once both beakers are broken. This starts the escape mini game, and gives accsess to free balls.

Left Orbit (Spinner orbit): This orbit's spinner selects mutations once the mutation hole has been hit. It also starts the macrocosomos mingame after the Macro orbit has been hit 3x. It starts the Flux Wheel mini game from the right inlane as well.

Right Orbit #1: This orbit brings the ball behind grumblar to the top right flipper. Also acts as the orbit for the right kickback formula.

Right orbit #2 (Macro Orbit): This orbit brings the ball around the table like a traditional orbit, to the ejection tube above the top left flipper. Three hits actavte the the left orbit to engage the macrocosmos minigame (see MacroCosmos) It also starts the Flux Wheel mini game from the left inlane.

Default Continued...

Mutation Hole: This hole starts the Mini games Mutation, and Nursery (for nursery the left ramp must be hit first while nursery light is lit) It also acts as the free ball hole.

Magna save: Red target to right of mutation hole, the magnasave can act a a death save, very usefull. Activate after hit with the launch button.

Left Ramp: 4x hits activate the "revive" light in the outlanes. Has a Sign with three words, see "Left inlane #1" . Also acts as the ramp for the left kickback formula.

Right Ramp (Clone ramp): This ramp allows you to lock balls for the clone multiball once pressure is at 100% (see Clone Multiball). Also acts as the "Super Skill Shot" ramp.

Grumblar Orbit: The orbit behind grumblar. Accessed from the top left flipper. Also leads to bumpers for shocking creature (see Missions)

Microscope: Above the right orbit, 3 lights keep track of Macro orbit hits for the Macrocosmos minigame.

Mutation Vials: Located off the table at very bottom, just to the left of the plunger, each color corresponds to a different mutation, mix an match for fun effects! (it rotates with the spinner although remembering what color = what mutation is some task) Vials dump into center once mutation is activated. Mixing differnt Mutations creates different effects (see Mutations)

Creature Pot: I'ts located way off the table to the right, need to use view 1 or 1w to see it. Its for the wizard mode, I've already said too much

Missions:

Bio lab has 4 main missions which lead to the wizard mode upon completion. They are activated by hitting the rotating creature parts below the giant creature in the test tube. Once legs, body, and head are formed you can select a mission to "Upgrade" the creature. Before I get into these there are 2 things I'd like to point out.

In order to get a high score on the missions you need to "shock" the creature first. This is done by hitting the bumpers, each consecutive hit will upgrade the maximum amount of point you can get for any given mission. The more you shock the higher you can score.

If you match the colors of the creatures 3 body parts, the nurse will think it's cute, and you'll recieve 500k points. What color dosen't matter, as long as they match.

Wisdom: Perform 3 skill shots

Brain: Make it through the maze

Muscles: Hit the targets first, folowed by the mission hole (not the mutation hole)to pump that iron. (Targets include the beakers, grumblar, and the magnasave) you get 60 seconds, keep hitting tagets then pop ball in mission hole, you do not have to hit the mission hole to complete the game, (only three target hits a needed) but your score will be terribly low of you don't.

Reflex: 2 ball multi ball, you must get both balls through the same orbit once. Now this does not mean at the same time. Once a ball loops an orbit that orbit becomes the active orbit, now you have to make that shot again, if you hit a different orbit, then the new orbit becomes the active orbit. Its tough but not as hard as some have made it out to be.

Once all four are done, you will unlock the wizard mode," Perfect Creature", I dont like to give anything away about these other than "Read the dot matrix" This is one of the few wizard modes you may be able to play 3-4 times a session due to the ease at which the missions can be completed. Really, Reflex is the only one that even boarders on "hard" (compared to other PBFX2 Table Missions)

Mini Games:

Escape: Hit the 2 beaker targets, trap the ball in the magnet between them within the time limit. This open the left play field, hit "A" when the dot matrix says "Jump" , manuver the ball into the kick back hose, shoot the ball into the mutation hole within the alloted time. You've Escaped (see also free ball)

Mutations: This is one of the coolet features of this table and really any table PBFX2 has to offer. I'm not going to go through what each one does, beacuse I dont know what they all do, and figuring it out is half the fun! First you have to hit the ball in the Mutation hole. From there hit the spinner on the left orbit, this will select a mutation. Then hit the ball in the hole 2 more times an Voilla! you've mutated. These apply all different sorts of bonus', some are obvious "Sleepy Flux Wheele" While others are totally obscure "Featherd Tounge" Just try them out, you never know whats gona happen!

Flux Wheel: The 2 inlanes both have a blue square in them, when the ball passes through the square it lights up, when the ball passes through a lit square it starts the flux wheel mini game. Basicly shoot the flashing ramp, for the right inlane to start the game it's going to be the spinner orbit. For the left its the macro-cosmos orbit. From there just follow the wheel. If you sucseed you get a 2 ball multiball, which can become a 3 ball multiball ater 10 orbit or ramp hits.

Clone Multiball: Every ramp or orbit shot increases pressure, you can can keep track on the top right of the Dot Matrix or with the lights directly above the clone ramp. Once pressure is maxed lock 3 balls via the clone ramp. From here you build the jackpot with target hits an collect the jackpot on ramps, also the "Super Jackpot" can be collected from a mission hole hit.

Nurse the creature: Video mode, really easy to play. To start it you must use the left inlane #1 selector to change the sign above the left ramp to "Nursery". then hit the left ramp, then hit the mutation hole and begin the mode.

MacroCosmos: To start Hit the Macro Orbit 3 times, (the microscope up top has 3 green light that keep track) Then hit the spinner orbit. Kind of like the brain upgrade mission but you must get the ball to the lit cookies and then out. The first level only the middle cookie is lit. There are 3 levels.

Cookies: "You got a cookie!" Ever hear the nurse say that, bet you have. Well heres why. Every slingshot hit gives you a "crumb" 10 crumbs make a cookie. Each sucsessive cookie during one ball doubles the points of the previous cookie. Starts at 10k. Not sure if it maxes out.

JackPot: The middle word on the left ramp, hit the ramp while this is lit to increase the super jackpot for clone multiball.

Twister: I'm not 100% on this one. I know what it does, but it may do more I'm unaware of. What it does do is increas the amount you can shock the creature. When you hit the bumpers you shock the creature and increase the maximum score you can recieve by playing the missions. Eventuall you will max out, I think it 12Mil. If you then play the mission, and you dont lose a ball, you can continue to increase the score. By hiting the twister ramp you can increase the max score beyond the first limit, without playing a mission. Heres an example:
    You shock the creature to 12M, instead of now going to play brain ugrade for an easy 10mil, you hit the twister ramp, now you can raise the max to 19Mil, now you play brain upgrade and the countdown starts at 19 million and you earn 17million in 4 seconds. Good job!
    It may do more then this but I'm not sure.

This concludes the BioLab Guide for PBFX2.

Theres so much to this table I may have missed something. As always if there is somthing you don't see that you'd like info on, just ask and I'll update the guide. Have Fun!

Great stuff Logic_FTW!!! Thanks for the great effort you are putting into figuring things out and then sharing it with us. It will take me 10min to just read through the guide, so I don't know how long it must have taken you to figure it all out. I guess I am not nearly as patient as you are with regards to figuring things out on a table... I will take your lead in future and will play new tables on 10 ball easy to first figure it out. Hopefully one day I can contribute to your great work!!!!

I had a bit of free time so I decided to spend some time on fixing the spelling mistakes and adding some basic formatting. I also rearranged the order of the guide as I find that it is easier to follow the rest, if the table layout is explained first (What's on this Machine). I hope nebhusker will take this further to produce another great pdf downloadable version of the guide. Thanks again Logic_FTW for the great work.

The Complete Guide to BioLab

Ok so this is my second guide for PBFX2 and it’s a doozey! Any comments or suggestions are appreciated.

Biolab is a very "busy" table, there's a lot going on. In an effort to keep things clear, I'm going to highlight each part of the table AND what it's for. There are so many different minigames to this table that I just don't have the time to go into detailed explanation of the best way to complete them all, I will make an effort to explain the basics though.

BioLab is a story of a Mad Scientist "The Prof" his assistant "the Nurse" and his side kick "Grumblar". They are doing genetic experiments to create a superior creature, a perfect being to presumably take over the world!
    In an effort to keep the beginning of the guide clear, I'm going to first quickly explain the "corner stone" of the table. Just about every PBFX2 table has one, in ROME it’s the Janus Head, in BioLab it’s the prof's trusty side kick "Grumblar". He's a three-eyed yellow mutant sitting roughly in the middle of the table (off centre to the right a little). A lot of important shots revolve around Grumblar, as a matter of fact, all three of what I consider the most important shots of any table, rely on him.

Ok there is a ton of stuff to do in BIOLAB, in order to keep things clear I'm going to start with "What’s on the Machine", from there I’ll go through the basics of the table, the missions and the minigames. There may be some overlap.

WHAT’S ON THIS MACHINE

There’s a lot so bear with me, I'll do my best to get it all, starting from the bottom, working my way up.

Left inlane #1: Has a small square on in it that changes colours with ball passes. Yellow, white and purple. These correspond with the three words on the left ramp, Twister, Jackpot and Nursery.

Left Inlane #2: Activates the Flux Wheel, turn the square blue with a left slingshot hit, then roll the ball down the lit square.

Right Inlane: Same as left #2.

Escape Route: This is the far left orbit. There are 2 beaker targets on its sides, the magnet in-between them activates once both beakers are broken. This starts the escape mini game, and gives access to gaining extra balls.
    Left Orbit (Spinner orbit): This orbit's spinner selects mutations once the mutation hole has been hit. It also starts the macrocosmos minigame after the Macro orbit has been hit 3x. It starts the Flux Wheel mini game from the right inlane as well.

Right Orbit #1: This orbit brings the ball behind grumblar to the top right flipper. Also acts as the orbit for the right kickback formula.

Right orbit #2 (Macro Orbit): This orbit brings the ball around the table like a traditional orbit, to the ejection tube above the top left flipper. Three hits activate the left orbit to engage the macrocosmos minigame (see MacroCosmos) It also starts the Flux Wheel mini game from the left inlane.
    Mutation Hole: This hole starts the Mini games Mutation, and Nursery (for nursery the left ramp must be hit first while nursery light is lit) It also acts as the free ball hole.

Magna save: Red target to right of mutation hole, the magna save can act as a death save... very useful! Activate after hit with the launch button.
    Left Ramp: 4x hits activate the "revive" light in the outlanes. Has a Sign with three words, see "Left inlane #1". Also acts as the ramp for the left kickback formula.

Right Ramp (Clone ramp): This ramp allows you to lock balls for the clone multiball once pressure is at 100% (see Clone Multiball). Also acts as the "Super Skill Shot" ramp.

Grumblar Orbit: The orbit behind Grumblar. Accessed from the top left flipper. Also leads to bumpers for shocking creature (see Missions).
    Microscope: Above the right orbit, 3 lights keep track of Macro orbit hits for the Macrocosmos minigame.

Mutation Vials: Located off the table at very bottom, just to the left of the plunger, each colour corresponds to a different mutation, mix and match for fun effects! (it rotates with the spinner although remembering what color = what mutation is some task) Vials dump into center once mutation is activated. Mixing differnt Mutations creates different effects (see Mutations)

Creature Pot: It’s located way off the table to the right, need to use view 1 or 1w to see it. It’s for the wizard mode, I've already said too much
    Last edited by Cloda; 12-24-2010 at 12:30 PM.

Default continue....

THE “BASICS” OF THE TABLE

First the three most important shots...

1) Kick Backs: Kick backs are a must, they are the only way to save your ball from an outlane. Although you can Death Save from a right outline they are far from reliable. To activate the kickbacks for bio lab is a two part process. First you must hit Grumblars left or right eye while its open, this starts a countdown to activate the left or right kick back respectively. If you hit the left eye you will have 15 seconds to hit the left ramp. (It will flash) Once the ramp is hit the kick back light will illuminate and the kickback will stay active until you use it. For the right kickback you will have 15 seconds to hit the upper right orbit (again it will flash). More on the orbits and ramps later, for now just know they will flash while the countdown is active.

2) Extra Ball: If you want to score big you're going to need as many balls as possible, in other words "It takes a lot of balls to get a high score on PBFX2" Biolab has a brutal ritual you must perform to get a free ball, but its repeatable, so I guess that’s a plus. So far I've only found one way to get a free ball, there may be more but it's unknown for now. First you must hit the 2 "Get Out" targets, they have beaker above them and make a breaking sound when you hit them. They are to the left of the field on the outer rim of the farthest left orbit. After hitting them both the magnet in between them will light up. A countdown will start and you'll have 15+ seconds to get the ball to the magnet. If you make it congrats, you've started the "Escape" mini game and you're about 33% on your way to getting a free ball! When the game starts a new playfield drops from the left side, wait until the dot matrix says "jump" and hit the launch button, this will drop the ball on the new playfield. From here you can use the flipper buttons to tilt this playfield left and right. The object is to get the ball in the kickback hose (bottom left) without falling through the hole on the bottom right, However.. if you want a free ball you're going to have to light up all 4 lights on the playfield making the game much more difficult. My recommendation is once you jump onto the playfield hold down the "x" button to go into free view mode. Examine the playfield, you'll see "Light all four targets for a free ball" try to map out a plan. Its' a figure 8 basically but no amount of explaining will help, you just have to do it. Ok, so you're not disappointed, that light lied to you. Lighting those four targets will not get you a free ball. It will however light the free ball indicator though. To complete the escape mission you must make it into the kickback hose, then into the mutation hole (more on that later, but it’s to the right of the table, where your ball pops out if you revive or miss the skill shot) within 10 seconds. The free ball can also be collected via the mutation hole. I honestly don’t think it’s possible to get both in one shot, you're either going to light all the lights and fall out the right side of the play field, or you’re going to make it to the kick back hose without all the lights lit. I'm pretty sure it’s designed this way, if you can do both then you're the man. The other good news is if you only get 2 of the lights they stay lit until you activate the mission again, weather you lose a ball or not. So basically you need to do the mission twice.

3) Ball Saver: There are actually 2 ways to activate the ball save in Bio lab. The first is by hitting the left ramp 4 times. It doesn’t have to be in succession, just 4 times in one ball, from there, the word "Revive" will light up in the out lane, when the ball passes through it the revive light will go on between the flippers. In order to keep this ball save on without using it immediately after you activate it (because to activate it your ball will be in an outlane) you must have the proper kick back turned on. The second way is a little tough to explain, but it's definitely less work. Beneath the "skill shot globe" there is some sort of hole or path, unfortunately you just can't see it, I tried and tried to get the right view but the globe completely obstructs it. You can get to it by banking off Grumblars right side, or sometimes from a bounce back off the right orbit. You'll know when you've hit it, the prof will say "What are you doing here? This room is off limits!" or "this room is for my eyes only" The ball will then be put back at the plunger, and you'll have another opportunity for a skill shot, from there you will get the standard 30 second ball save, just like when you first launch your ball! Once you get it, you'll have a better understanding of where the ball needs to go, I believe it's obstructed on purpose, as it’s a "Secret room" and potentially worth 1m+ points after the skill shot, and gives you the ball saver.

So there's the top 3, next up..

Skill Shot: This one can be a guaranteed 1mil every time once you get the feel for it. Here's the trick. When you pull the plunger you'll notice 3 lines and a vile of green fluid. Pull very slowly, just a hair past the second line (And I mean a hair, the smallest possible distance past the second line) and release. If you do this correctly the ball will NOT circle around the skill shot globe, it will just pop up and in to the top hole. It takes a little practice but once you realize exactly where the spot is, it becomes very easy. Slowly pull the plunger back, watch that second line, if the ball circles around the globe the hit was too hard (too far past the second line) if the ball doesn’t circle but missed the top then you probably where right on the second line, sometimes a nudge can help in that spot but it's not consistent. Once you make the skill shot you have an opportunity for a "super skill shot" Instead of the ball being lowered to the bottom playfield it will be ejected to the top. From there hit the "Clone ramp" (red flashing light, can't miss it) For a super skill shot and start you game near or over a million points, (depending on the multiplier for the skill shot, at 4x you will get 800k for the skill shot and another 800k for the super skill shot for a total of 1.6 million before you even start playing!) This Super Skill Shot also applies when you make it into the secret room mentioned above.

Score Multiplier: This is achieved by hitting Grumblars middle eye while open. You will get a 15 second countdown to hit "Grumblars orbit" (This is the middle orbit leading to the bumpers, it is reached with the top left flipper, again, it will flash while the countdown is active) You must reinitiate the countdown each time to go from 2x to 4x and up.

MISSIONS

Bio lab has 4 main missions which lead to the wizard mode upon completion. They are activated by hitting the rotating creature parts below the giant creature in the test tube. Once legs, body, and head are formed you can select a mission to "Upgrade" the creature. Before I get into these there are 2 things I'd like to point out.

In order to get a high score on the missions you need to "shock" the creature first. This is done by hitting the bumpers, each consecutive hit will upgrade the maximum amount of point you can get for any given mission. The more you shock the higher you can score.

If you match the colours of the creatures 3 body parts, the nurse will think it's cute, and you'll receive 500k points. Which colour doesn’t matter, as long as they match.

Wisdom: Perform 3 skill shots.

Brain: Make it through the maze.

Muscles: Hit the targets first, followed by the mission hole (not the mutation hole) to pump that iron. (Targets include the beakers, Grumblar, and the magnasave) you get 60 seconds, keep hitting targets then pop the ball in the mission hole, you do not have to hit the mission hole to complete the game, (only three target hits a needed) but your score will be terribly low of you don't.

Reflex: 2 ball multi ball, you must get both balls through the same orbit once. Now this does not mean at the same time. Once a ball loops an orbit that orbit becomes the active orbit, now you have to make that shot again, if you hit a different orbit, then the new orbit becomes the active orbit. It’s tough but not as hard as some have made it out to be.
    Once all four are done, you will unlock the wizard mode," Perfect Creature", I don’t like to give anything away about these other than "Read the dot matrix" This is one of the few wizard modes you may be able to play 3-4 times a session due to the ease at which the missions can be completed. Really, Reflex is the only one that even boarders on "hard" (compared to other PBFX2 Table Missions!)

Default continue...

MINI GAMES

Escape: Hit the 2 beaker targets and then trap the ball in the magnet between them within the time limit. This opens the left play field, hit "A" when the dot matrix says "Jump" , manoeuvre the ball into the kick back hose, shoot the ball into the mutation hole within the allotted time. You've Escaped (see also free ball).

Mutations: This is one of the coolest features of this table and really any table PBFX2 has to offer! I'm not going to go through what each one does, because I don’t know what they all do, and figuring it out is half the fun! First you have to hit the ball in the Mutation hole. From there hit the spinner on the left orbit, this will select a mutation. Then hit the ball into the hole 2 more times an Viola!, you've mutated. These apply all different sorts of bonuses, some are obvious "Sleepy Flux Wheel" While others are totally obscure "Feathered Tongue" Just try them out, you never know what’s going to happen!

Flux Wheel: The 2 inlanes both have a blue square in them, when the ball passes through the square it lights up, when the ball passes through a lit square it starts the flux wheel mini game. Basically shoot the flashing ramp, for the right inlane to start the game it's going to be the spinner orbit. For the left it’s the macro-cosmos orbit. From there just follow the wheel. If you succeed you get a 2 ball multiball, which can become a 3 ball multiball after 10 orbit or ramp hits.

Clone Multiball: Every ramp or orbit shot increases pressure, you can keep track on the top right of the Dot Matrix or with the lights directly above the clone ramp. Once pressure is maxed, lock 3 balls via the clone ramp. From here you build the jackpot with target hits and collect the jackpot on ramps, also the "Super Jackpot" can be collected from a mission hole hit.

Nurse the creature: Video mode, really easy to play. To start it you must use the left inlane #1 selector to change the sign above the left ramp to "Nursery", then hit the left ramp, then hit the mutation hole and begin the mode.

MacroCosmos: To start hit the Macro Orbit 3 times, (the microscope up top has 3 green light that keep track). Then hit the spinner orbit. Kind of like the brain upgrade mission but you must get the ball to the lit cookies and then out. The first level only the middle cookie is lit. There are 3 levels.

Cookies: "You got a cookie!" Ever hear the nurse say that; bet you have! Well here’s why. Every slingshot hit gives you a "crumb" and 10 crumbs make a cookie. Each successive cookie during one ball doubles the points of the previous cookie. Starts at 10k. Not sure if it maxes out.

JackPot: The middle word on the left ramp, hit the ramp while this is lit to increase the super jackpot for clone multiball.

Twister: I'm not 100% on this one. I know what it does, but it may do more I'm unaware of. What it does do is increase the amount you can shock the creature. When you hit the bumpers you shock the creature and increase the maximum score you can receive by playing the missions. Eventually you will max out, I think it 12Mil. If you then play the mission, and you don’t lose a ball, you can continue to increase the score. By hitting the twister ramp you can increase the max score beyond the first limit, without playing a mission. Here’s an example:

You shock the creature to 12M, instead of now going to play brain upgrade for an easy 10mil, you hit the twister ramp, now you can raise the max to 19Mil, now you play brain upgrade and the countdown starts at 19 million and you earn 17million in 4 seconds. Good job!

It may do more than this but I'm not sure.

This concludes the BioLab Guide for PBFX2.

There’s so much to this table, I may have missed something. As always if there is something you don't see that you'd like info on, just ask and I'll update the guide. Have Fun!
    Last edited by Cloda; 12-24-2010 at 12:31 PM.

Default special juguine

Quote Originally Posted by Logic_FTW View Post
    Any comments or sugestions are appreciated.
    You've put too many extraneous comments into these guides, and they aren't structured very well. For example, instead of writing a long, rambling paragraph on the extra ball, you could have just said, "begin an escape, then hit all four corners of the tilting playfield." You glossed over the mutation hole, and I'm aware of at least one other method of obtaining an extra ball (hint: it's something you mentioned but evidently haven't fully completed).

Some of the information is wrong, and you're missing several things like the flux wheel awards, bonuses (cumulative, perfect organism, escaping early, end of ball, etc.) and the wizard mode (which you shouldn't exclude due to spoilers).

This information will help someone who's never played the table, but I wouldn't call either of your guides "complete."
    They took our pinball machines!
    Let's revolt, who's with me?
    Grab a pitchfork and come with Zen!

Registered just to say thank you to Logic_ftw. Your guides are great, and I expect as you receive feedback they'll keep improving.

Quote Originally Posted by blue View Post
    You've put too many extraneous comments into these guides, and they aren't structured very well. For example, instead of writing a long, rambling paragraph on the extra ball, you could have just said, "begin an escape, then hit all four corners of the tilting playfield." You glossed over the mutation hole, and I'm aware of at least one other method of obtaining an extra ball (hint: it's something you mentioned but evidently haven't fully completed).

Some of the information is wrong, and you're missing several things like the flux wheel awards, bonuses (cumulative, perfect organism, escaping early, end of ball, etc.) and the wizard mode (which you shouldn't exclude due to spoilers).

This information will help someone who's never played the table, but I wouldn't call either of your guides "complete."
    lol, it truely takes a special breed of "troll" to be rude to someone who just spent hours of their time to post a FREE help guide for a forum they've never been on. Merry Christmass to you too! I'm sorry it dosen't meet your expectations. Not to mention i asked if anyone knew about the other free ball to please explaine. Thanks for all your help but really I don't consider this constructive criticism in the least. It's just plain cynicism.

Please post a link to your guide so that I may better struture the next one I do.
    Last edited by Logic_FTW; 12-24-2010 at 09:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Armadi View Post
    Registered just to say thank you to Logic_ftw. Your guides are great, and I expect as you receive feedback they'll keep improving.
    Thanks man, merry Christmass.

thank you for the guides logic, the Rome guide has helped me work out a few things that i hadnt picked up on, i myself will probably refer to them when im unsure on certain shots of a table, hope everyone has a blue blue christmas

Thanks for all your efforts, Logic.

lol, it truely takes a special breed of "troll" to be rude to someone who just spent hours of their time to post a FREE help guide for a forum they've never been on.
    Yes, that's right--whenever someone criticizes you on a message board, he must be a troll (especially when he gives you what you asked for)!

Thanks for all your help but really I don't consider this constructive criticism in the least. It's just plain cynicism.
    I told you what you did wrong. Any critic would agree with me.

criticism, n. - the act of passing severe judgment; censure; faultfinding.

cynicism, n. - showing contempt for accepted standards of honesty or morality by one's actions

Please post a link to your guide so that I may better struture the next one I do.
    Sure.

Yes, that's right--whenever someone criticizes you on a message board, he must be a troll (especially when he gives you what you asked for)!

cynicism, n. - showing contempt for accepted standards of honesty or morality by one's actions

Sure.

Still, in the rome thread you basicly say, your guide sucks don't do anymore. It's rude man, I took the time and posted for free , for Christmass. I can understand if you don't like it but I gaurentee there are nicer ways to go about getting the exat same message across. Like hey, thanks for the effort but you're missing a few things, like x,y, and z. Here's my guide as an example. Go back and read what you wrote, its not nice man. Mabey you have a social disorder or something and if so I'm sorry, but seriously it's not the way to go about making friends. And if your not into making friends then I reccomend staying off message boards. I have a hard time believeing you think the way you went about things was socially acceptable regarding someone who you have never met. As people we extend each other common curtesy espessaly in a forum like this one where the objective is to share info and meet friends. Seriously, I'm done with the convorsation, if you want to appologize I'll accept it and we can go from there, if not please save your time I'm not going to read or respond to any more of your posts, you know how you acted was wrong, and if you don't then you have bigger problems that I'm not willing to deal with via the internet.

Still, in the rome thread you basicly say, your guide sucks don't do anymore.
    I did nothing of the sort. You said, "Any comments or sugestions [sic] are appreciated."

Don't expect everyone to sugar coat criticism.

Like hey, thanks for the effort but you're missing a few things, like x,y, and z. Here's my guide as an example. Go back and read what you wrote, its not nice man. Mabey you have a social disorder or something and if so I'm sorry, but seriously it's not the way to go about making friends.
    Your guides are sloppy, and I didn't find them helpful. I don't understand why I should thank you, and I don't want to be your pretend internet buddy.

I reccomend staying off message boards.
    I recommend you use a browser with a spell checker.

Internet forums exist to share information; you advertised a complete guide that was neither fully complete nor accurate.

I have a hard time believeing you think the way you went about things was socially acceptable regarding someone who you have never met.
    I was posting on BBSs and Usenet before you were born. There's nothing wrong with my behavior.

All I did was provide blunt, honest feedback. If you want people to kiss your ass, go play on Fakebook.

you know how you acted was wrong
    Stop being such a child.

Sure.
    Yeah blue.... I can also go look up the description for a word to try and justify my warped actions..... it sure don't mean that your feedback was in any way not the rudest thing ever!!! There is a vast difference between being just plain critical and in being constructive in your criticism... hopefully by now you are beginning to recognise the difference. In my work I act as a mentor for professionals in my field that just qualified and I can promise you that your approach would not just cause some of them to have a mental breakdown.... they will most probably leave the field completely so that they can become monks and dedicate their lives in praying for your salvation...

I have read your Secrets of the deep Wizard Mode guide and I really appreciate the effort. To be honest.... your guide means nothing for me at the moment as I don't have the skill or the background yet to get anywhere close to the Wizard Mode... I will patiently wait for Logic_FTW to do a similar guide to his first two so that I can know what I am doing and then hopefully I will be able to reach a point where I can use your guide. Please be assured... I will be just as grateful if you can do that guide, even if you don't add any "extraneous comments"

I am with Logic_FTW... this is my last response to any of your posts. That is unless you actually do the decent thing and apologise... if not stop posting and rather leave the forum (you can even take your guide)... I am sure you will find the peace you are seeking by topping all the high-score lists

Thank you Logic for your time and effort! Just know that a lot of people appreciate this! Keep up the great work!

Thanks for posting in this table. It is one that I haven't played much. Part of the problem is that I haven't been able to grasp the objectives as quickly as on the other tables. The layout kind of intimidates me for some reason.

Keep up the great work despite any naysayers!

i agree with astro on this table, i prefer tables that are easier to figure out such as rome, excaliber,wolverine ect, i might give this table another try, keep up the good work and try to ignore the negative energies of certain people.

Turn left at the Big Chicken and go 15 miles. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Thebigchicken.jpg

Thumbs up

Thanks again, Logic_FTW, for your newest detailed guide. I had triggered some of these items in the past such as the hose jump exercise (Escape?) and the feathered tongue thingy but it seemed sort of random at the time and I had no real idea how I did it. It will be cool going back now and trying to duplicate some of these various tasks that I only seemed to be able to trigger haphazardly before.

Cheers!

Thanks for a great guide Logic_FTW, it has many things I haven't triggered even once (like the Escape playfield, believe it or not). But about the skill shot: You should do one extra complete rotation so the ball goes over both 4x marks before entering the skillshot hole, this awards 800k (otherwise it's only 200k). I don't know if this is the easiest way to do this, but it's how I do it:

Pull the plunger to the third line (counting from the bottom) and release the ball. Let it do one complete rotation. When the ball is just above the skillshot hole nudge the table to the left. Then the ball has just enough power to do one more rotation, but only to the right side of the skillshot hole. Do another nudge to the left and the ball jumps into the hole. The clone ramp just after this awards another 800k. When the ball is in the dome you can nudge the table however you like, it doesn't tilt ;-)

If you do this during "This room is off limits" you get 1600k straight from the skillshot hole and presumably another 1600k from the Clone ramp (never done this because I suck, I can hit the skillshot hole every time but not the Clone ramp).
    Last edited by MAT; 12-28-2010 at 08:23 PM. Reason: a dumb error: to the right side of the hole, not left

Sorry for monologue, but I studied my skillshot technique a bit more: you can also shoot the ball with full power (about 3.5 lines for power), then just one last nudge is enough. However it's easier for you

First, I want to thank you for putting in the effort to create these guides.

I do have to agree with some of Blue's points though, even if the delivery was bad. The formatting could use some work, although it's not horrible. There is a lot of extra information that does not need to be in the main body of the guide, but would fit nicely into footnotes. Someone looking to the guide to understand the shots, mission structure, and features of the table does not need a lot of the information you have included. Maybe think about adding a tips&tricks section at the bottom for explaining useful methods for hitting shots or getting the most score out of game modes and minigames, and then below that a 'flavor' or 'interesting information' section detailing the themes, quotes or neat things on the table that don't really affect gameplay.

I also agree with his suggestion regarding calling these guides 'complete' as they clearly are not. Maybe with time, community feedback, and some revisions they will be, but for now it is misleading, as there is a lot of omitted & incorrect information, either on purpose like the wizard mode, or possibly you just haven't discovered them yet, or don't quite remember the exact shot that did something.

Please don't take this as an attack. I appreciate the fact you are doing this, and I hope this is taken as constructive criticism. I hope with enough community feedback you will be motivated to continue to revise your guide with information and suggestions provided by others.

A few things I would like to add:

Reflex mode requires 3 successful shots, not 1. Each ramp/orbit hit will light that ramp/orbit for a while, but hitting a new one will not deactivate the previous one. They only deactivate when they are successfully hit, or the time limit expires. It is possible to have multiple ramps/orbits active at once. Each successful shot on a lit ramp/orbit awards 1mil. If you collect enough points in this mode from successful shots to reach the max upgrade score, this mode will turn into flux frenzy multi-ball, making this a great mode to go for when the max upgrade score is low.

1 mil bumpers: If you hit the bumpers 100 times in a single ball, not only will you increase the max upgrade score a ton, but each bumper hit for the rest of the current ball will be worth 1 mil.

More info on kickbacks: Starting clone multi-ball will activate both right and left kickbacks. If you're worried about shot economy, this is a better way to get your kickbacks up than dealing with the grumbler in my opinion, as the left eye can be a dangerous shot leading to a drain in many cases.

Quote Originally Posted by heathenSauce View Post
    First, I want to thank you for putting in the effort to create these guides.

I do have to agree with some of Blue's points though, even if the delivery was bad. The formatting could use some work, although it's not horrible. There is a lot of extra information that does not need to be in the main body of the guide, but would fit nicely into footnotes. Someone looking to the guide to understand the shots, mission structure, and features of the table does not need a lot of the information you have included. Maybe think about adding a tips&tricks section at the bottom for explaining useful methods for hitting shots or getting the most score out of game modes and minigames, and then below that a 'flavor' or 'interesting information' section detailing the themes, quotes or neat things on the table that don't really affect gameplay.

I also agree with his suggestion regarding calling these guides 'complete' as they clearly are not. Maybe with time, community feedback, and some revisions they will be, but for now it is misleading, as there is a lot of omitted & incorrect information, either on purpose like the wizard mode, or possibly you just haven't discovered them yet, or don't quite remember the exact shot that did something.

Please don't take this as an attack. I appreciate the fact you are doing this, and I hope this is taken as constructive criticism. I hope with enough community feedback you will be motivated to continue to revise your guide with information and suggestions provided by others.
    I completly understand where your coming from here. I agree with you. This is my first guide for anything, it was xmas and I noticed alot of posts on "There are no guides" so I figured I would write down all I know on a few tables. The reason "Complete" is in the tilte is twofold. For one I mention every part of the table, nothing in that aspect is left out. For two I figured this would be a colabritive effort, where additions would be made. I was not sure if I would ever be able to go back and change the title, so hence complete.

Alot of what I wrote was done right from memory, I was not playing and writing at the same time. (that might sound like a joke but it's not, like playing , stopping , writing, ect.) So yes some of the info is a little off (like the reflex ball) I think what I may do is change my PW to somthing simple, and give it to a few trusted people on here so additions can still be made after I'm gone one day. I just wanted to provide a cornerstone of info to get things started and I think I covered all of the basics.

As far as being a little conviluded, again its my first guide, I type like I talk. My degree is IT programming and systems design, not english or gramer. I've been using a spell checker for 5-6 years, I dont have one on my HP mini that I'm typing on (why I also fat finger alot of words).

Thanks for the input, If you're on here consistantly and would like to be one of the perminant editors of these guide just PM me.

I was wondering... Maybe Zen can lend a hand? They designed the tables after all. Would be cool if they could post tips & tricks to implement into the guides.

Default thank you

Great guide.....Just wanted to share my trick on the skill shot. I haven't tried your version yet to see if yours is easier, but how I do it is fairly simple.

I quickly tap the A button, not sure how many bars it is on the strength meter. After the ball makes two trips around the circle and is just about to stop, I nudge the table to the left and the ball falls in.

Just my little trick, looking forward to trying yours out.

Thanks again for the great guide.

EDIT: I just saw MAT's post describing the way I do the skill shot. My apologies for missing it the first read through and for wasting forum space.
    Last edited by Belphie; 01-14-2011 at 06:20 PM.

That way of doing the SS gets you more points. The way I stated I believe is more consistant for Wisdom upgrade and such. I use both.

I got 28 mil on my first ball of tourney today. (haven't played second yet) I noticed that the clone MB gives you and EOBB as well. Not sure how much or if it's based on your jackpots or just a blanket bonus. It was 1.5 mil for two times. Also Escape had an EOBB as well but I dont remember how much, less than 1 mil. All I have left to do is reflex for perfect creature, I believe if I can pull this off 2nd ball and then again on third I may crack top 10. We'll see.

Question

Damn Reflex upgrade.. I've got it only twice with pure luck. Any strategies? Trapping the ball (holding the flipper up) doesn't do much good, it's impossible to repeat the shot with the balls on opposite flippers. And if the balls are on the same flipper I can aim one ball, not both.

Quote Originally Posted by MAT View Post
    Damn Reflex upgrade.. I've got it only twice with pure luck. Any strategies? Trapping the ball (holding the flipper up) doesn't do much good, it's impossible to repeat the shot with the balls on opposite flippers. And if the balls are on the same flipper I can aim one ball, not both.
    I don't know if you saw heathenSauce's comment, but I think it is very important to know, so I'll reiterate it. Hitting another shot does NOT deactivate a previous shot. You just have to hit the same shot twice in a given time period. And the time period is not that short.

No holding necessary in my opinion, not that it is a bad idea or anything. Just keep your multiball alive and hit shots like you normally would and you'll probably just get it by accident as long as you don't drain for a decent amount of time. Or, pick your best shot, and just concentrate on hitting that 1 shot when possible while keeping your multiball alive.

Thank you for your skill shot advice btw. It was pretty frustrating being held back because I could only hit the skill shot 10% of the time. With your strategy, now that I've gotten a feel for it, my success rate is quite high.

Quote Originally Posted by MAT View Post
    I just keep the multi alive and hit the lanes when the opportunities arise. No holding needed. Before I knew what I was doing, I could get this upgrade by just concentrating on keeping the balls alive with the bottom flippers.

A few things I would like to add:

1 mil bumpers: If you hit the bumpers 100 times in a single ball, not only will you increase the max upgrade score a ton, but each bumper hit for the rest of the current ball will be worth 1 mil.
    Thank you so much for this.....doing this in my last game raised my high score from 30mil to over 80mil...Great info!

Default Reflexs Tips

The best way to get reflex is off the left flippers, top and bottom. When the game starts you get a ball that comes from the top left of the machine (macro orbit) hit grumblars orbit to light the lane. Any time a ball hits the mission hole it will go back to the top left flipper, giving you an opportunity to hit grumblar's orbit again. The best spot IMO is the right orbit, its pretty easy to hit of the bottom left flipper, I do indeed trap whenever possible and always aim for that orbit during reflex. (the same orbit to activate the right kickback) Just try to hit shots your comfortable with. The best way to hit the right orbit is a early shot off the left flipper, normally if you miss you will hit grumblar, or if your late, the macro orbit.

If anyone is intrested in practicing for this table (and has a Mic) feel free to PM me on here. We can do some MP and I will answer any q's I can about the table. I normally practice once a day just to warm up and try things out so really it's no big deal. Just Pm me your GT and I will add you on XBL.

I'm a little disappointed not to see anything helpful on the perfect organism wizard here. I've gotten to it 5-6 times but can not complete it because I have no idea what I'm supposed to do.

I can see that each ramp/orbit is lit and I need to get them through all of them and I think I've done that. I can't see any other things flashing.

One time, I kept seeing videos of broken pipes in the display, but I don't know what I was doing to get those.

I'd appreciate any help on what I'm supposed to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Numanoid View Post
    I'm a little disappointed not to see anything helpful on the perfect organism wizard here. I've gotten to it 5-6 times but can not complete it because I have no idea what I'm supposed to do.

I can see that each ramp/orbit is lit and I need to get them through all of them and I think I've done that. I can't see any other things flashing.

One time, I kept seeing videos of broken pipes in the display, but I don't know what I was doing to get those.

I'd appreciate any help on what I'm supposed to do.
    What Level are you on? Mabey 2? You have to hit the escape hole. Kind of easy to miss if you don't catch the DMD display. Otherwise you're mostly following ramps and orbits.

Default Skillshot technique

I'm also another player that does Bio Lab skillshot with full-power plunger, followed by a quick left nudge when the ball reaches its final apex on the right hand side.

With practice and this technique you should be able to hit skillshot 9/10 times.

It's a lot faster and less hassle than lining up the power on the plunger.

I had 1mil bumpers yesterday, but I thought they were related to being in Perfect Organism mode. This is great to know how its activated as I can incorporate it into my game. Thanks!

Is there a reliable way to get the ball into the right hand side mutation hole? I find that I can line the shot up pretty good from holding, then off the left flipper, but the ball will randomly bounce out again.
    Last edited by Chip Staxman; 01-24-2011 at 08:15 PM.

Yeah those super bumpers are great. I broke 200M last night finnaly, I can se how this combined with perfect creature and clone multiball is a good way to shoot for the coveted 1B mark.

Regarding the mutation hole, relaiable is not a word I like to use for any shot on any table. But.... The way i try to get it in consistantly is from a trap, which yes is about 25% due to bounce back, and with a roll off the left flipper. Thats not a coined term, what I mean as the ball comes down the left inlane hold the flipper up as if you where going to attept a pass, as it nears the tip drop the flipper then hit the ball. this puts some back spin on the ball and seems to work better when shooting at holes on any table. As far as how long to wait it really depends on how fast that ball is coming down the outlane. Its somewhere between 3/4 the way down and the very tip, normally if you mis you will hit the magnasave, so I consider it a safe shot. just practice it, once you do it a few time you can get a "feel" for it. I regularly do mutations but i'm far from 100% accuracy. I'd say I hit the hole 3/5 attempts. Opposed to mabey 1/4 from a trap position.

Smile Great guide Logic FTW

Just a quick thanks for the work done re. Bio Labs guide.
    Really do appreciate it.

Greetings from "Down Under"

Sorry to bring up a 3 month old thread but as a newbie and beginner like me, these guides are "too detailed" AT FIRST. But that's a good thing for once you actually dwell into the table and such. I noticed a little bit of arguement between some people about the guide. What I do (i know its ultra ultra nerdy) is i print out these guides ( I have Rome,blade,biolab and exacalibur). When I print them out I THEN look over them and try to memorize where all the ramps are and orbits and their names according to the guide. Then I write my own mini guide. Take the Blade guide for example.

http://forum.zenstudios.com/showthread.php?t=2892

Now for example. Look at the Talismans section. Heathen goes into full detail which is awesome but I, since I'm a huge newb at pinball, took it down to even more baby steps and ignored the other information. I got a seperate sheet of paper and wrote down this for Talismans...

Talisman - Daytime Mission
    -Hit right orbit during daytime
    -Hit Citadel Ramp
    -Push ball through flashing gate
    -Gives B in BLADE for Daywalker Multiball - for Extra Ball

That's the easiest way for me at such a low level pinball player to learn how to START missions and such. Once I learn the table that way I then read the guide to learn a little bit more information. Like what each Talisman actually gives you and what happens when you actually get them all. This is what I did for excalibur until I learned what ramps to hit and what orbits to hit to start and finish missions, then from there I learn how to rack up points.
    Last edited by suikostinger; 07-07-2011 at 06:48 PM.

Zombie thread!!

Ok here's the deal.

1. Rome and Biolab where my first attempts at making a guide for anything, ever.

2. They where the first guides posted on these forums (aside from some quick tips) so I had nothing to go off of.

3. I am not a great writer, it was christmass time, I was in the giving mood, and posted as much as I knew at the time on my two favorite tables.

4. "Complete" was indeed, a bad choice of words given the quality of some of the newer guides. I figured they would be added to by posters, and they where complete as in "I'm done with this guide, I have nothing left to add to it"

I don't think your post was insulting or anything, (Blue takes care of that on these forums ) I just wanted to clarify for future readers.

Zombie thread!!

Ok here's the deal.

1. Rome and Biolab where my first attempts at making a guide for anything, ever.

2. They where the first guides posted on these forums (aside from some quick tips) so I had nothing to go off of.

3. I am not a great writer, it was christmass time, I was in the giving mood, and posted as much as I knew at the time on my two favorite tables.

4. "Complete" was indeed, a bad choice of words given the quality of some of the newer guides. I figured they would be added to by posters, and they where complete as in "I'm done with this guide, I have nothing left to add to it"

I don't think your post was insulting or anything, (Blue takes care of that on these forums ) I just wanted to clarify for future readers.

Haha, don't worry I wasn't complaining at all. Once I learn what does what in more simplier terms (by reading the guide) I will be looking at this guide more and more to learn what REALLY goes on, on the table.

Side Note: I'm a huge gamer that's had the xbox 360 since the first week it launched that has just found Pinball fx2. I've bought the Marvel pack, I have the original pack from pinball fx, the core pack from pinball fx2, excalibur, mars and nightmare mansion. It is annoying having to learn all the tables at once when you have so many unlocked. Especially with a person like me. I actually want to learn a table for about a day or 2 then go and learn another without actually mastering it until I learn all the tables, that's just who I am. Which is probably a bad thing to do.

Keep the guides coming because I have been unable to find one for Pasha and Secrets of the Deep. Or for any of the pinball fx1 original pack (which I don't care for). I REALLY want to find one for Pasha.
    Last edited by suikostinger; 07-07-2011 at 07:46 PM.

End of ball Bonus guide

Jump Species Bonus: see below
    Default bonus that starts at 200,000 points.
    It is related to the bumpers.
    Hitting the bumpers for the first time increases this by 20,000 points.
    Subsequent bumper hits can raise this by 1,000 points.
    It is definitely not per bumper hit. It appears to occur when the bumpers are hit, though not always. I was unable to figure out exactly when it raises and when it doesn't.
    The bonus accumulates throughout the game.

Creature bonus: Attempt a creature upgrade (main mission, see note below)
    50,000 points per attempt of the Muscle, Wisdom, Reflex, and Perfect Organism.
    The Brains upgrade does not appear to affect this.
    This bonus accumulates throughout the game.

Reservoir bonus:
    1,000 points
    I couldn't definitively determine the exact nature of this, but it appears to occur when you exceed the mission requirements. Most notably, on Reflex and Muscle.

Transformation bonus: hit a rotatarget
    10,000 points per rotatarget hit per ball.

Multiball bonus: start a multiball mode
    500,000 points per Clone and Reflex multiball started.

Frenzy bonus: start the Flux Frenzy multiball
    1,000,000 points per Flux Frenzy started

Escape Attempt Bonus: attempt to escape
    500,000 points per escape attempt, via the Get Away mode or Perfect Organism.

Note: I was unable to launch the Flux Frenzy or Get Away modes, so I can not personally verify those scores

Commentary - While I find the method required to raise the multipliers somewhat difficult and risky, it's worth it. This isn't that high of a scoring table (at least compared to some of the newer tables out), and just spamming the multiball modes can net a lot of points if the multiplier is just raised some.
    Last edited by OriginalEther; 06-28-2013 at 08:15 PM.
    Tables completed: Ms Splosion Man, Spiderman, BioLab, Captain America, Empire Strikes Back, The Avengers, Wolverine, World War Hulk, Sorcerer's Lair, Fantastic Four, Blade, X-Men, Thor, Moon Knight, Infinity Gauntlet, Super League Football, Starfighter Assault, Han Solo
    Billionaire's Club: Spider-Man, World War Hulk, The Avengers, Sorcerer's Lair, Empire Strikes Back, Captain America, Ms. Splosion Man, Han Solo