Zen Studios Smuggles Solo: A Star Wars Story Content Into Pinball FX3 This September

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TuttiDeLeon
    Pinhead
    • May 2018

Originally posted by steven120566
    Well, these tables look to be up the the great standards of Zen Studios. That's a compliment! But, I have to say, I am so burned ot on Star Wars that I didn't even see this film. The Universal classics and Jurassic were good stuff, but the best FX 3 releases truly are SOZ and Adventureland... their own designs. I sound like a broken record on this. I know they feel the need to put alot of effort into their licenses, but frankly, any more Star Wars tables are probably going to diminish the awesomeness of all the tables you guys have made with the Star Wars theme already. I loved LAst Jedi and the Island tables, but it's gonna take a pretty good sale for me to get any more SW. Put out some more original ones. We got the great Castlestorm and Wild West years ago, and after a long wait, we got the amazing Zues and Adventureland. And in the interim of all this time, a zillion licenses. Zzzzzz
    It all comes down to money. I have no idea how much Zen have made from the Star Wars/ Marvel licenses, but I'm willing to bet it was significant. As long as they have the rights to make Star Wars tables, they'll probably continue to pump them out, regardless of userbase burn out.

Comment

• Boulderdash
      Pinball Wizard
      • Sep 2011

Nintendo Switch Release maybe?

It looks awesome. I'm wondering if you guys at ZEN Studios will pick up the SW and Marvel licence again. (Remember the Nintendo switch has over 20 million sales at this point

Comment

• hunter328
        Pinball Wizard
        • Apr 2012

Originally posted by steven120566
        Well, these tables look to be up the the great standards of Zen Studios. That's a compliment! But, I have to say, I am so burned ot on Star Wars that I didn't even see this film. The Universal classics and Jurassic were good stuff, but the best FX 3 releases truly are SOZ and Adventureland... their own designs. I sound like a broken record on this. I know they feel the need to put alot of effort into their licenses, but frankly, any more Star Wars tables are probably going to diminish the awesomeness of all the tables you guys have made with the Star Wars theme already. I loved LAst Jedi and the Island tables, but it's gonna take a pretty good sale for me to get any more SW. Put out some more original ones. We got the great Castlestorm and Wild West years ago, and after a long wait, we got the amazing Zues and Adventureland. And in the interim of all this time, a zillion licenses. Zzzzzz
        I’m with you on the Star Wars burn out and not even having seen Solo. Also I think original Zen designed tables are usually some of the best. That said, I can understand why they do more licensed stuff and don’t blame them for doing so. I’d be willing to bet that the non licensed tables are their worst sellers, not because of their quality, but just because a license brings in all of us who are Pinball die hards and just want new tables as well as players who wouldn’t necessarily be pinball players otherwise but are huge fans of whatever the licensing is for. Adventure Time is an awesome table for instance, but I doubt there’s a huge pool of Carnival/State Fair nuts out there to bolster that table’s sales past those gotten from the regular pinball playing community.

As far as licenses go, I’d much rather see more Marvel tables than more Star Wars tables, as I think the themes differ more from character to character in Marvel than in the Star Wars ones. But I also have a Switch, so right now I’d most like to see anything that will make it onto Switch as well. I got the Switch in part to replace my Vita for portable Zen Pinball, but Switch not getting these licensed tables has kind of killed that. I’m in a league, so I’ve got to buy new tables to compete. So even if they do eventually come to Switch I’d need to then rebuy them, which I’m not big on.
        sigpic

Comment

• Tech101
          • Jan 2012

@hunter328 May I ask what league you're in?
          Proud member of the Hyna Gang! Keeping pinball alive on the Wii U!

Comment

• hunter328
            Pinball Wizard
            • Apr 2012

Originally posted by Tech101
            @hunter328 May I ask what league you're in?
            Hey, Tech. Yeah, they’re both based on Facebook, but they’re also both mostly PlayStation based, one entirely so, so if you just have Switch you’d be mostly out of luck. The one that allows Switch play if the weekly table(s) are available on Switch is:
            Let's play Zen Pinball 2 and FX3 on the PlayStation 4! Come here if you want to play against each other on a table! Lets try and beat each others scores on a table each week! Then Every Wednesday...
            sigpic

Comment

• duckscott
              • Dec 2017

Ready & Excited for these new tables!

Comment

• djb5f
                Pinball Wizard
                • Jun 2015

Love the Star Wars them tables (got me into Zen originally many years ago). Keep them coming!

Comment

• cantankerous--
                  Pinball Wizard
                  • Nov 2016

Just realizing that Sept. 12 is Wednesday and most PS4 titles release on Tues. Is this release date correct?
                  Accomplishments in real life

1. Rolled a star wars machine................ie played over 99 levels and rolled it back to level 1.
                  2. Rolled Nintendo punch out, several times, same quarter.
                  3. Played an entire game of dragons lair and completed it and won while blindfolded.
                  sigpic

Comment

• Chili
                    Community Representative
                    • Mar 2018

Hi cantankerous! Yes, you can see the release details in McLovin's post:

"That’s right, three new tables inspired by Solo: A Star Wars Story™ are landing in our galaxy on September 12, just days ahead of the film’s home entertainment release. Star Wars™ Pinball: Solo Pack includes new digital tables inspired by the film itself and beyond. The pack will be available for download on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Steam, and Windows 10, while the Zen Pinball and Star Wars Pinball apps will host each table individually on the App Store, Google Play, and Mac."

Comment

• Tech101
                      • Jan 2012

I'm still wondering why we need 3 tables based off of one move and a spin off at that.

Can I put in a request for a pod racing table now please!! Not just a mission in a table but the whole theme of the table.
                      Proud member of the Hyna Gang! Keeping pinball alive on the Wii U!

Comment

• TuttiDeLeon
                        Pinhead
                        • May 2018

Originally posted by Tech101
                        I'm still wondering why we need 3 tables based off of one move and a spin off at that.

Can I put in a request for a pod racing table now please!! Not just a mission in a table but the whole theme of the table.
                        Yeah, & I desperately want a "Greedo shot first" table. C'mon Zen, make my dreams come true. I don't care about the money!

Comment

• ALH2012
                          • Oct 2012

Originally posted by Chili
                          Hi cantankerous! Yes, you can see the release details in McLovin's post:

"That’s right, three new tables inspired by Solo: A Star Wars Story™ are landing in our galaxy on September 12, just days ahead of the film’s home entertainment release. Star Wars™ Pinball: Solo Pack includes new digital tables inspired by the film itself and beyond. The pack will be available for download on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Steam, and Windows 10, while the Zen Pinball and Star Wars Pinball apps will host each table individually on the App Store, Google Play, and Mac."

What impact will the Williams tables have on the future of original Zen tables?I'm including all the license tables, for example the new Solo tables, since they all are original designs from the ground up and not copies/simulations.Will the output of original Zen designs decrease?Are the Williams tables supposed to take their place in the future?As much as i like the addition of the Williams tables, they would not be worth it if it is to the detriment of future original Zen tables.Sure hope that is not the case and we still have a lot of original Zen designs to look forward to.

Comment

• Sgt_Tenor
                            • Jun 2017

Originally posted by ALH2012
                            What impact will the Williams tables have on the future of original Zen tables?I'm including all the license tables, for example the new Solo tables, since they all are original designs from the ground up and not copies/simulations.Will the output of original Zen designs decrease?Are the Williams tables supposed to take their place in the future?As much as i like the addition of the Williams tables, they would not be worth it if it is to the detriment of future original Zen tables.Sure hope that is not the case and we still have a lot of original Zen designs to look forward to.
                            They did mention there are already Zen originals planed for early Next year. With a team of about 40, they will focus on licensed, williams/bally and their own. At least from what I've read.

Comment

• ALH2012
                              • Oct 2012

Originally posted by Sgt_Tenor
                              They did mention there are already Zen originals planed for early Next year. With a team of about 40, they will focus on licensed, williams/bally and their own. At least from what I've read.
                              That is cool but those tables probably have been in the pipeline for awhile.As said, i hope that once Zen really gets going with the Williams tables that the original tables won't take the backseat.I guess only time will tell for sure but it would be nice to hear a clear official statement on how the table plans are.

Comment

• McLovin
                                Marketing Manager
                                • Apr 2017

Solo Pack out now!

Comment

Working...