Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BionicJim
    • Oct 2011

PSVR performance on Universal Pack

I'm wondering if there will be an update that allows the Universal tables to run as smoothly as the original tables? I spend a lot of time on Pinball FX 2 VR and think it's the best game ever. The ET table is currently the one I play the most, but it's frustrating how choppy it is. I went back to the Mars and Walking Dead tables and they are smooth as silk on PSVR. I don't have a PC VR system so I don't know if the Universal tables are choppy there. Really, the Walking Dead table seems more complex than the ET table, and it runs great. I like to get close to the table when I play - chin practically on glass - amazing experience, but can't do it on any of the Universal tables because of the choppiness.

I sure hope you guys are still developing the Pinball tables in VR because they are absolutely great. I'd like to see Shaman someday. Also, is it possible to enable 3D support on Pinball FX 3 when playing with the VR helmet?
  • Chili
    Community Representative
    • Mar 2018

Hey BionicJim! Thanks for your questions! Regarding new VR please stay tuned! In PFX3 there is no 3D support. Also about VR: we recommend you to use the view which is not that "close view", so it should help you to run the tables more smoothly. Hope it helps!

Comment

• BionicJim
      • Oct 2011

I also discovered that a complete shutdown of the PS4 Pro between sessions will provide a much smoother frame rate. I don’t know why there would be issues after coming back from rest mode, but there is a clear difference. At least now I can play the Universal Tables as well as the previous sets.

Comment

• mrtangerineman
        • Sep 2018

I've noticed the odd stutter when playing even on the PS4 Pro.
        I wonder if Zen could provide an option to "Turn Off Room Effects" which would allow all the processor time to focus on the game.

Comment

• Chili
          Community Representative
          • Mar 2018

Hey mrtangerineman! I will inform my colleagues about your suggestion. Have a great day!

Comment

• mrtangerineman
            • Sep 2018

Originally posted by Chili
            Hey mrtangerineman! I will inform my colleagues about your suggestion. Have a great day!
            Thanks Chili, I will. It would be even better if you'd announce the PSVR version of Williams Pinball!

Comment

• Coldsnap
              Pinball Fan
              • Oct 2018

Originally posted by mrtangerineman
              I wonder if Zen could provide an option to "Turn Off Room Effects" which would allow all the processor time to focus on the game.
              +1 on this, especially the animated characters! Not only would it improve performance, some users may find them distracting and wish to turn them off.

Comment

Working...