Thread: Williams table incoming!!

Default Williams tables incoming!!

https://twitter.com/zen_studios/stat...305460225?s=19

Never saw this coming! Maybe Zen will try to eat up all the licenses they can.
    Last edited by Tech101; 09-04-2018 at 01:49 PM.

Don't think any of us saw it coming to be honest lol. Curious how these will play with PFX3 physics and arcade gimmicks but overall happy they ain't just gonna bundle this into a new game and instead including them with PFX3 like all the others.

The Addams Family
    Attack from Mars
    Banzai Run
    Black Knight
    Black Knight 2000
    Black Rose
    Bram Stoker’s Dracula
    Cactus Canyon
    Centaur
    The Champion Pub
    Creature from the Black Lagoon
    Cyclone
    Diner
    Doctor Who
    Dr. Dude & HIs Excellent Ray
    Earthshaker
    Eight Ball Deluxe
    Elvira and the Party Monsters
    F-14 Tomcat
    Fathom
    Fireball
    Firepower
    Firepower II
    Fish Tales
    Fun House
    The Getaway: High Speed 2
    Gorgar
    High Speed
    Hurricane
    Indianapolis 500
    Jack Bot
    Judge Dredd
    Junk Yard
    The Machine: Bride of Pin•Bot
    Medieval Madness
    Monster Bash
    No Fear: Dangerous Sports
    No Good Gofers
    Paragon
    The Party Zone
    Pinbot
    Red and Ted’s Road Show
    Safe Cracker
    Scared Stiff
    Sorcerer
    Space Shuttle
    Spanish Eyes
    Star Trek: The Next Generation
    Swords Of Fury
    Tales of the Arabian Nights
    Taxi
    Terminator 2: Judgment Day
    Theatre of Magic
    Twilight Zone
    White Water
    Whirlwind
    WHO Dunnit
    Wild Card
    World Champion Soccer
    Xenon
    Accomplishments in real life

1. Rolled a star wars machine................ie played over 99 levels and rolled it back to level 1.
    2. Rolled Nintendo punch out, several times, same quarter.
    3. Played an entire game of dragons lair and completed it and won while blindfolded.

Had to pinch myself to see if was dreaming. I was just saying to my wife before I came to the forum exactly the same that I didn't see this one coming!. I cannot wait for one of my all time favourite tables Black Knight 2000, this table brings back alot of memories for me. I never bothered getting the Farsight version for Xbox One and I had always thought that they charged to much for their tables and also the lack of being able to transfer my tables over from Xbox 360 to Xbox One like Zen had generously allowed put me off them.

Absolutely brilliant news and massive respect to Zen for this, you have put a big grin on my face today.
    Last edited by DepecheM101; 09-05-2018 at 01:30 AM.

never like the Pinball Arcade physics. so this would be great news

Quote Originally Posted by bosstime View Post
    Ditto.

Agreed.

1. Rolled a star wars machine................ie played over 99 levels and rolled it back to level 1.
    3. Played an entire game of dragons lair and completed it and won while blindfolded.

seen some gameplay and the ball physics are closer to Pinball Arcade than PFX3 unfortunately

seen some gameplay and the ball physics are closer to Pinball Arcade than PFX3 unfortunately
    Well, that sucks. Not sure I would be interested in repurchasing all these tables.....................yet again if they are identical to what I already own on the exact same system.

This looks better then I thought it would. To me it does look like a mix between the 2.

https://twitter.com/pxlsicle/status/...224849410?s=19

totally agreed. I also don't like beachballs bouncing around in a pinball table.

I have wondered what these tables would be like to play in the context of the FX3 community, with the tournaments etc. I guess I may have to re buy some of these just to find out. Not that I want to do that though.
    Last edited by steven120566; 09-04-2018 at 03:39 PM.

Fantastic news! I was waiting for it. One of the employees posted a couple of month ago that it would be cool to see Funhouse in the Zen family. Had the feeling this could be spoiler.

Now please give us awesome physics and most important: VR support. I'd never play other pinball games again then, promised. I dont think that I am playing real machines much then. Please take my money and dont worry about the price. If Thema simulation is as awesome as on the the other tables, you could a lot of money.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech101 View Post
    This looks better then I thought it would. To me it does look like a mix between the 2.

https://twitter.com/pxlsicle/status/...224849410?s=19
    Looking at that video, from all the Zen Pinball I’ve played, the ball’s physics look pretty similar to other Zen tables to me. Definitely doesn’t look like TPA physics.

I’m super excited for this. I really hope we get accurate recreations of the tables themselves but with the Zen gameplay from their games. Best of both worlds in my opinion.

One question I’ve always had with TPA’s ball physics: On a real life table in real world physics, would the same action always create the same result? For instance, when playing TPA I always found some shots were incredibly easy to recreate and repeat over and over again, where as in real life I’ve never been good enough to do so on a real table. I’m not a physics minded guy, but it always seemed to me that maybe TPA’s physics wasn’t taking certain things into account, maybe random stuff that could happen to the ball from A to B to C then back to A that would keep it from reacting exactly the same each and every time. I’m not sure if that even makes sense, but if so if anyone more enlightened on this subject than I am knows then I’d appreciate the knowledge.

Awesome news!

I was afraid of this happening when I heard that Farsight could not renew the rights for Bally/Williams after having them for around 10 years. I don't really feel like purchasing tables I've already bought on TPA for multiple platforms and would rather Zen stick to making tables I don't already have. And maybe I'm in the minority but I don't want the "classic" zen style physics used on reproductions of real tables. I want a more authentic experience. That's not to say that TPA had nailed the physics or that Zen can't tweak their physics engine to make it more realistic (I still think that Pro Pinball has the closest physics I've seen to real world tables). I'll guess I'll try a few tables and see if there is a meaningful improvement over TPA tables to convince to continue purchasing them. But I would rather be playing tables I haven't already put tons of time into. On a positive note, at least the news doesn't involve marvel of star wars.

Try out the beta and see the new tweaked physics for the Williams tables! I think we are very close to the real thing.

Quote Originally Posted by deep View Post
    Try out the beta and see the new tweaked physics for the Williams tables! I think we are very close to the real thing.
    Where? How? When?...........................beta details please.

The videos look awesome!

https://www.gameinformer.com/2018/09...to-pinball-fx3

Unfortunately I am not able to play pinball on a monitor again, since I played Pinball FX2 VR. Could you please confirm, that the williams pack is coming for VR? I don't need a date, just a "YES!". Thanks mate!

Will the new tables be able to be played in tournaments? Will they have different modes like survival and 5 minute and so on? Will there be classic and normal with super powers like the current pinball fx3 tables? Why too does this forum seem to be the ugly red headed step child for zen getting all the information second hand mostly posted by members and not Zen staff................................no insult was intended to anyone who is either red headed, ugly, or a stepchild or all.

What I want to know is will we getting a better selection of views like the Zen tables? I could never get quite the right view on TPA.

Quote Originally Posted by cantankerous-- View Post
    Where? How? When?...........................beta details please.
    Oh maybe Akos forgot to share the details here?
    You can get a first look now by doing the following:

- Find Pinball FX3 in your Steam library
    - Right click on Pinball FX3 in your Steam library and select ‘Properties’
    - Find the Betas tab and click on it
    - In the drop-down menu select williams_pinball_beta
    - Your game will switch to this different version, you might have to restart your Steam client to complete the process
    - Click Play and enjoy your pre-release look on Fish Tales™, Junk Yard™, Medieval Madness™ and The Getaway: High Speed II™!
    - Please leave your feedback through this form: https://www.pinballfx.com/?page_id=7998

Fish Tales has limitless play, the other three you can have a look at in trial mode!

This is awesome news! Can't wait to try the beta tonight.

Also, a bit more gameplay here, showing each of the 4 launch tables:

https://youtu.be/O-u40a4aC2w?t=366

Oh maybe Akos forgot to share the details here?
    You can get a first look now by doing the following:

- Find Pinball FX3 in your Steam library
    - Right click on Pinball FX3 in your Steam library and select ‘Properties’
    - Find the Betas tab and click on it
    - In the drop-down menu select williams_pinball_beta
    - Your game will switch to this different version, you might have to restart your Steam client to complete the process
    - Click Play and enjoy your pre-release look on Fish Tales™, Junk Yard™, Medieval Madness™ and The Getaway: High Speed II™!
    - Please leave your feedback through this form: https://www.pinballfx.com/?page_id=7998

Fish Tales has limitless play, the other three you can have a look at in trial mode!
    Awwww, thanks deep....................now, if only I werent on ps4 and switch.............yes, I also have a computer, but I have no steam account or any desire to play games with a keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by cantankerous-- View Post
    Awwww, thanks deep....................now, if only I werent on ps4 and switch.............yes, I also have a computer, but I have no steam account or any desire to play games with a keyboard.
    Steam account is free, Pinball FX3 is free, using PS4 controller on your PC is free. Just saying At least you can try the beta before you get it on PS4 or Switch!

Steam account is free, Pinball FX3 is free, using PS4 controller on your PC is free. Just saying At least you can try the beta before you get it on PS4 or Switch!
    You just swayed me :P..................but, consoles gonna get a beta?

This more than makes up for the absence of the starwars and marvel licence on Nintendo Switch!

Quote Originally Posted by Boulderdash View Post
    This more than makes up for the absence of the starwars and marvel licence on Nintendo Switch!
    For sure, plus, people on the switch are used to REpurchasing tables they already own on different systems. lol

This is in no way a dig on Zen. It just happens to be the way all companies seem to handle cross buying of software, but I envision a time, some day in the future, hopefully within my lifetime, where once software is purchased, record of that is stored somewhere and when repurchasing it on a different console instead of having to pay for the software which includes the license one would only have to pay for the new license. One day, maybe. One can only dream.
    Last edited by cantankerous--; 09-04-2018 at 11:01 PM.

Although when I went back to it, I completely sucked - but Black Knight 2000 has a special place in my heart, found in the back of an old arcade on Younge St (Toronto) I dumped so many quarters in to it and the Black Knight took them all without any sign remorse!

Quote Originally Posted by rabidpiglet View Post
    Although when I went back to it, I completely sucked - but Black Knight 2000 has a special place in my heart, found in the back of an old arcade on Younge St (Toronto) I dumped so many quarters in to it and the Black Knight took them all without any sign remorse!
    My favorite table of all time was made by Bally, but never seems to be included in any of their digital tables. It's called space invader and has the coolest image of an alien on the backglass.

spaceinvaders.jpg
    Last edited by cantankerous--; 09-05-2018 at 01:34 AM.

Good news for Switch owners for sure. Hopefully these come out sooner than later!

Looking forward to playing the Zen versions of the Williams tables on the PS4 and comparing them to TPA.Definitely will give this first set of tables a go and if impressed will further support Zen Williams.I wonder whether Zen Williams will also present some of the license heavy tables not done by TPA?The Shadow should be very high priority!
    One concern i do have is that the regular Pinball FX3 output of "arcade" tables will fade away/be replaced by the Williams "simulation" tables.Hope that will not be the case and that both can co-exist and that the regular Pinball FX tables won't be neglected.

These tables do not have zen effects, though maybe some of them should.

The physics are very different from normal zen.

None of the hand holding that certain zen table shave to help you hit your shots, that's for sure.

Only one i can play for long enough to develop a real opinion is fish tales.

It does seem overall better, but seems harder than real life.

Well this news seems to have divided opinions amongst pinball fans as quite alot are not happy having to repurchase these tables again for at least the third time. Then some are concerned about the physics being like other Fx3 tables and not being realistic enough. So Zen has has their work cut out to hopefully address all their concerns and convince players that this will be worth buying as the goto pinball simulator.
    Last edited by DepecheM101; 09-06-2018 at 01:24 PM.

I have to admit that for all their faults I do feel a little bit sorry for Farsight....

But one thing they did do right - properly challenging trophies / achievements based on accomplishing multiple goals. I hope Zen will do something similar.

Quote Originally Posted by DepecheM101 View Post
    Well this news seems to have divided opinions amongst pinball fans as quite alot are not happy having to repurchase these tables again for at least the third time. Then some are concerned about the physics being like other Fx3 tables and not being realistic enough. So Zen has has their work cut out to hopefully address all their concerns and convince players that this will be worth buying as the goto pinball simulator.
    Hey mate, how much money do they put into a pinball maschine when they are playing in public? I bet they could pick up at least one digital table (they own forever) for that amount.

Some people buy a Fifa/NBA game every year for 50-60 bucks. And there arent many improvements from year to year usually.

And here is the best part: Nobody has to repurchase anything. If they dont want to spend a few bucks for a completely new graphics und physics engine, nobody forces they to do so. If they don't like the Zen physics, they just should stay away. For me it looks like we have an incredible break through here. But I do accept other opinions.
    Last edited by legislative; 09-06-2018 at 06:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by legislative View Post
    Hey mate, how much money do you put into a pinball maschine when you are playing in public? I bet you could pick up at least one digital table (you own forever) for that amount.

Some people buy a Fifa/NBA game every year for 50-60 bucks. And there arent many improvements from year to year usually.

And here is the best part: Nobody has to repurchase anything. If you dont want to spend a few bucks for a completely new graphics und physics engine, nobody forces you to do so. If you don't like the Zen physics, just stay away. For me it looks like we have an incredible break through here. But I do accept other opinions.
    I personally think this is great news and am looking forward to buying them. I did not say this is my opinion, I was just stating this as from reading other peoples comments and opinions, as I am the admin of Pinaholics Anonymous on Xbox and quite a few members have voiced their view and from Twitter,Youtube etc.

Maybe you could do with changing the term "you" to "they". Thanks!
    Last edited by DepecheM101; 09-06-2018 at 06:00 PM.

I personally think this is great news and am looking forward to buying them. I did not say this is my opinion, I was just stating this as from reading other peoples comments and opinions, as I am the admin of Pinaholics Anonymous on Xbox and quite a few members have voiced their view and from Twitter,Youtube etc.

You can add me to the "they" list legislative. I will definitely buy the first 4 pack, but I am unlikely to repurchase all of the tables I already own on this same system, If anything I might be willing to purchase many of these on my switch, but if you reread DepecheM101's post he merely expresses seeing the varying opinions on this topic, but from my perspective at least he appears to be optimistic and willing to give Zen a chance.
    Last edited by cantankerous--; 09-06-2018 at 06:18 PM.

I find this announcement bittersweet.

I just spent a minor fortune purchasing all 7 seasons from Farsight TPA as I saw these were going away. So I now have them all. I imagine I will enjoy playing them better in Pinball FX3 but are they worth purchasing again? Also, all these releases come at the expense of new content (new tables I have never played before).

I imagine they are staying true to the original Williams/Bally tables (I.e. no pop-up Zen style characters).

Cool announcement if I hadn’t just spent over $200 on them

Lot of work but done. Maybe you could forward my arguments to them...

@cantankerous--: I bet you get all of them in the end, if you give the first batch a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by legislative View Post
    Lot of work but done. Maybe you could forward my arguments to them...
    It's not up to me to convince anybody, that is Zens job now and make it the best pinball simulator out there. Basically "if they build it, they will come".

I'm sorry, maybe I am missing something. Are the Williams tables to be released on XBOX ONE and if so, when?

Quote Originally Posted by rmaultra View Post
    I'm sorry, maybe I am missing something. Are the Williams tables to be released on XBOX ONE and if so, when?
    Yes,that is right and indications are for the end of October, maybe.
    Last edited by DepecheM101; 09-06-2018 at 08:24 PM.

I made a similar post on another forum:

You guys told in the live stream that the VR "market isn't very big. If you see demand, it might happen. But it's not an easy decision. It's a big undertaking."

Could you please explain this for us? I know about 3 tools that were released for pinball software and gave a pretty nice experience to us VR gamers.

- in 2014 someone released a free tool (PinballVRcade) that made TPA tables playable in VR for the Oculus DK2
    - Magic Pixel released a DLC on steam that allows to play all their tables in VR
    - Rafal (Ravarcade) released the magnificant BAM software for Future Pinball that allows to play all Future Pinball tables in VR

When I watched the Zen Williams videos I thought: Amazing! Everything is there: high resolution, tables and room in 3D, physics that would work in VR. So a conversion to VR should be easy. One additional tool and all tables should be playable in VR. Of course I and others would pay extra for the VR version.

So please, could you let us know why this should be a big undertaking? I see that you put a lot of effort and love into the other 12 tables you released in VR so far. But we dont need extra gimmicks in the game room for the Williams/Bally tables. Please provide us 1:1 conversions and all of us VR heads would be more than happy. Thank you!
    Last edited by legislative; 09-08-2018 at 09:06 AM.

OMG...
    I just installed the beta on my laptop. Allthough I could only play it on 1280x720 due to the crappy AMD Readon HD 7730M, it looked and felt great.
    I own every talbe in TPA, SPA & ZP2 & FX3 on my PS4, and it seems I will be buying the TPA tables again on ZEN. I love the new Physics Engine.

Great work guys!
    https://www.file-hunter.com <- Find out more about me, and play Amiga & MSX games online

Its all nothing without an activ backglass on a separate Monitor (like in VPX)!!
    So will there be such a backglass Zen!?
    PLEASE ! ! !

Junior Member tinyhorsesinmytea's Avatar

I feel like some of y'all are kind of being cheapskates. What do you mean you won't "repurchase" these tables? They're built from the ground up by a much more talented team with more resources. You won't throw down a few bucks for better recreations that you can play for hours? Well, I sure as heck will.

This is the best thing that could have happened to digital pinball... my favorite tables recreated by a team that cares about quality. Farsight Studios really drained the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by tinyhorsesinmytea View Post
    I feel like some of y'all are kind of being cheapskates. What do you mean you won't "repurchase" these tables? They're built from the ground up by a much more talented team with more resources. You won't throw down a few bucks for better recreations that you can play for hours? Well, I sure as heck will.

This is the best thing that could have happened to digital pinball... my favorite tables recreated by a team that cares about quality. Farsight Studios really drained the ball.
    Let's face it. Many don't want to spend another couple of hundred dollars (Exaggersation maybe) on tables that already been done. I haven't purchased a table pack for quite a while in TPA. In fact I only have season 1-3. didn't want to spend the money on tables I didn't really want in certain packs. The only table I bought since season 3 was World Cup Soccer. That's the one I was hoping for a while.

After playing the BETA I'd be happy to get the ones I got already in TPA. It's a bit more polished in ZEN in even in BETA. They play much better IMO. All in all the polish is so much better already and the gameplay is pretty good.

I stopped buying tables from them as soon as it became clear that they didn't care about quality and were going to keep hastily pumping out more messes without going back and addressing any of the issues with previous tables. Truly amateur operation over there.

I've got a lot of faith that Zen will get it right, and my wallet is open.

Quote Originally Posted by tinyhorsesinmytea View Post
    I stopped buying tables from them as soon as it became clear that they didn't care about quality and were going to keep hastily pumping out more messes without going back and addressing any of the issues with previous tables. Truly amateur operation over there.

I've got a lot of faith that Zen will get it right, and my wallet is open.
    Their ineffectuality with getting the content to and bugs fixed on console versions are stuff of legend. I didn't even feel bad they lost the licenses before and even less so now I know Zen have got them. Zen actually care about their customers and put them first whatever the platform - I'm playing tables I bought many years ago on my 360 on my Xbox One at no extra charge.

My only concern is it will likely kill the productivity of new tables outwith Bally/Williams for the foreseeable future outside of the 2 originals we know of (and Solo trio next week). Want the SW prequels, more Universal, More Aliens themed tables etc as PFX3 is great for its OTT unrealistically amazing gameplay and I don't want that to go completly to backburner to focus on massive back catalogue of these traditional ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Skode View Post

My only concern is it will likely kill the productivity of new tables outwith Bally/Williams for the foreseeable future outside of the 2 originals we know of (and Solo trio next week). Want the SW prequels, more Universal, More Aliens themed tables etc as PFX3 is great for its OTT unrealistically amazing gameplay and I don't want that to go completly to backburner to focus on massive back catalogue of these traditional ones.
    It is impossible to make everybody happy. But it seems that a lot of people cant wait for the traditional ones.

That being said, I bet that some of their designers still work original tables.
    Last edited by legislative; 09-11-2018 at 03:30 PM.

Yeah, I hope they can strike a good balance between classic recreations and new originals. I'm all about both styles, and it's going to be neat having both in the same game.

After thinking this through, I guess it will be worth the whole re-buy thing. I have these all on Farsight, and frankly the Bally/Wiliams are the best of what they had there. To have the FX 3 experience, table views, and tournament capability, and these tables right there in my FX 3 game, well...I have no choice. I will buy them unless they are overpriced. Zen, get them out on xbox one and take my money then I literally can't wait for the real table reproductions from Zen.

P.S. With such a huge project this is going to be, how will y'all ever be able to continue with some more of your originals? Earth Defense 2 anyone? (or anything not star wars, fox, marvel, bethesda, etc) LOL.

Earth Defense is my favourite in FX2 VR! The rage combo is almost impossible to hit though.

Quote Originally Posted by steven120566 View Post
    After thinking this through, I guess it will be worth the whole re-buy thing. I have these all on Farsight, and frankly the Bally/Wiliams are the best of what they had there. To have the FX 3 experience, table views, and tournament capability, and these tables right there in my FX 3 game, well...I have no choice. I will buy them unless they are overpriced. Zen, get them out on xbox one and take my money then I literally can't wait for the real table reproductions from Zen.

P.S. With such a huge project this is going to be, how will y'all ever be able to continue with some more of your originals? Earth Defense 2 anyone? (or anything not star wars, fox, marvel, bethesda, etc) LOL.
    Better yet, get a Switch and add the new tables to that! 😉

Quote Originally Posted by Tech101 View Post
    Better yet, get a Switch and add the new tables to that! 😉
    Nintendo definitely holds my pinball "roots", Tech. Like 5 times now I have stood in Best Buy and almost walked out with a Switch. Only a matter of time I suspect.

Quote Originally Posted by steven120566 View Post
    Nintendo definitely holds my pinball "roots", Tech. Like 5 times now I have stood in Best Buy and almost walked out with a Switch. Only a matter of time I suspect.
    Since the update the only thing disappointing is the lack of SW and Marvel tables. Otherwise they play and run great in table top or docked.

It is however a big investment and I totally understand walking away. Imo the pro controller is also a must as it just feels more comfortable for pinball. That takes you up to $370 plus tax without a game. Probably didn't help your decision much lol

Well, in a ZEN Q&A video Zen talked about how much they want both starwars and marvel comming to switch aswell.

Quote Originally Posted by Boulderdash View Post
    Well, in a ZEN Q&A video Zen talked about how much they want both starwars and marvel comming to switch aswell.
    I have little doubt it's inevitable as I know these things take time. The sooner the better though. There's a lot of new content there Nintendo owners haven't had a chance to play.

When is the xbox one release?

Quote Originally Posted by boyjohn View Post
    When is the xbox one release?
    See the pinned post from today, at the top of this forum...
    XBL GT - JaySTeeY
    casual pinball player, looking for friendly competition

thanks!