Williams table incoming!!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rabidpiglet
    • Sep 2018

Although when I went back to it, I completely sucked - but Black Knight 2000 has a special place in my heart, found in the back of an old arcade on Younge St (Toronto) I dumped so many quarters in to it and the Black Knight took them all without any sign remorse!

Comment

• cantankerous--
      Pinball Wizard
      • Nov 2016

Originally posted by rabidpiglet
      Although when I went back to it, I completely sucked - but Black Knight 2000 has a special place in my heart, found in the back of an old arcade on Younge St (Toronto) I dumped so many quarters in to it and the Black Knight took them all without any sign remorse!
      My favorite table of all time was made by Bally, but never seems to be included in any of their digital tables. It's called space invader and has the coolest image of an alien on the backglass.

spaceinvaders.jpg
      Last edited by cantankerous--; 09-05-2018, 01:34 AM.
      Accomplishments in real life

1. Rolled a star wars machine................ie played over 99 levels and rolled it back to level 1.
      2. Rolled Nintendo punch out, several times, same quarter.
      3. Played an entire game of dragons lair and completed it and won while blindfolded.
      sigpic

Comment

• Chasnotchaz
        • Dec 2017

Good news for Switch owners for sure. Hopefully these come out sooner than later!

Comment

• ALH2012
          • Oct 2012

Looking forward to playing the Zen versions of the Williams tables on the PS4 and comparing them to TPA.Definitely will give this first set of tables a go and if impressed will further support Zen Williams.I wonder whether Zen Williams will also present some of the license heavy tables not done by TPA?The Shadow should be very high priority!
          One concern i do have is that the regular Pinball FX3 output of "arcade" tables will fade away/be replaced by the Williams "simulation" tables.Hope that will not be the case and that both can co-exist and that the regular Pinball FX tables won't be neglected.

Comment

• zaphod77
            Pinball Wizard
            • Mar 2012

These tables do not have zen effects, though maybe some of them should.

The physics are very different from normal zen.

None of the hand holding that certain zen table shave to help you hit your shots, that's for sure.

Only one i can play for long enough to develop a real opinion is fish tales.

It does seem overall better, but seems harder than real life.

Comment

• DepecheM101
              • Mar 2017

Well this news seems to have divided opinions amongst pinball fans as quite alot are not happy having to repurchase these tables again for at least the third time. Then some are concerned about the physics being like other Fx3 tables and not being realistic enough. So Zen has has their work cut out to hopefully address all their concerns and convince players that this will be worth buying as the goto pinball simulator.
              Last edited by DepecheM101; 09-06-2018, 01:24 PM.

Comment

• Alipan
                • Jun 2011

I have to admit that for all their faults I do feel a little bit sorry for Farsight....

But one thing they did do right - properly challenging trophies / achievements based on accomplishing multiple goals. I hope Zen will do something similar.

Comment

• legislative
                  • Feb 2018

Originally posted by DepecheM101
                  Well this news seems to have divided opinions amongst pinball fans as quite alot are not happy having to repurchase these tables again for at least the third time. Then some are concerned about the physics being like other Fx3 tables and not being realistic enough. So Zen has has their work cut out to hopefully address all their concerns and convince players that this will be worth buying as the goto pinball simulator.
                  Hey mate, how much money do they put into a pinball maschine when they are playing in public? I bet they could pick up at least one digital table (they own forever) for that amount.

Some people buy a Fifa/NBA game every year for 50-60 bucks. And there arent many improvements from year to year usually.

And here is the best part: Nobody has to repurchase anything. If they dont want to spend a few bucks for a completely new graphics und physics engine, nobody forces they to do so. If they don't like the Zen physics, they just should stay away. For me it looks like we have an incredible break through here. But I do accept other opinions.
                  Last edited by legislative; 09-06-2018, 06:26 PM.

Comment

• DepecheM101
                    • Mar 2017

Originally posted by legislative
                    Hey mate, how much money do you put into a pinball maschine when you are playing in public? I bet you could pick up at least one digital table (you own forever) for that amount.

Some people buy a Fifa/NBA game every year for 50-60 bucks. And there arent many improvements from year to year usually.

And here is the best part: Nobody has to repurchase anything. If you dont want to spend a few bucks for a completely new graphics und physics engine, nobody forces you to do so. If you don't like the Zen physics, just stay away. For me it looks like we have an incredible break through here. But I do accept other opinions.
                    I personally think this is great news and am looking forward to buying them. I did not say this is my opinion, I was just stating this as from reading other peoples comments and opinions, as I am the admin of Pinaholics Anonymous on Xbox and quite a few members have voiced their view and from Twitter,Youtube etc.

Maybe you could do with changing the term "you" to "they". Thanks!
                    Last edited by DepecheM101; 09-06-2018, 06:00 PM.

Comment

• cantankerous--
                      Pinball Wizard
                      • Nov 2016

I personally think this is great news and am looking forward to buying them. I did not say this is my opinion, I was just stating this as from reading other peoples comments and opinions, as I am the admin of Pinaholics Anonymous on Xbox and quite a few members have voiced their view and from Twitter,Youtube etc.

You can add me to the "they" list legislative. I will definitely buy the first 4 pack, but I am unlikely to repurchase all of the tables I already own on this same system, If anything I might be willing to purchase many of these on my switch, but if you reread DepecheM101's post he merely expresses seeing the varying opinions on this topic, but from my perspective at least he appears to be optimistic and willing to give Zen a chance.
                      Last edited by cantankerous--; 09-06-2018, 06:18 PM.
                      Accomplishments in real life

1. Rolled a star wars machine................ie played over 99 levels and rolled it back to level 1.
                      2. Rolled Nintendo punch out, several times, same quarter.
                      3. Played an entire game of dragons lair and completed it and won while blindfolded.
                      sigpic

Comment

• djb5f
                        Pinball Wizard
                        • Jun 2015

I find this announcement bittersweet.

I just spent a minor fortune purchasing all 7 seasons from Farsight TPA as I saw these were going away. So I now have them all. I imagine I will enjoy playing them better in Pinball FX3 but are they worth purchasing again? Also, all these releases come at the expense of new content (new tables I have never played before).

I imagine they are staying true to the original Williams/Bally tables (I.e. no pop-up Zen style characters).

Cool announcement if I hadn’t just spent over $200 on them

Comment

• legislative
                          • Feb 2018

Lot of work but done. Maybe you could forward my arguments to them...

@cantankerous--: I bet you get all of them in the end, if you give the first batch a chance.

Comment

• DepecheM101
                            • Mar 2017

Originally posted by legislative
                            Lot of work but done. Maybe you could forward my arguments to them...
                            It's not up to me to convince anybody, that is Zens job now and make it the best pinball simulator out there. Basically "if they build it, they will come".

Comment

• rmaultra
                              Pinhead
                              • Jan 2018

I'm sorry, maybe I am missing something. Are the Williams tables to be released on XBOX ONE and if so, when?

Comment

• DepecheM101
                                • Mar 2017

Originally posted by rmaultra
                                I'm sorry, maybe I am missing something. Are the Williams tables to be released on XBOX ONE and if so, when?
                                Yes,that is right and indications are for the end of October, maybe.
                                Last edited by DepecheM101; 09-06-2018, 08:24 PM.

Comment

Working...