Thread: Identical kick outs and autoplunge.

Default Identical kick outs and autoplunge.

So I've realised that the fish tales plunge always is exactly the same power. This means if you hold up the left flipper it bounces over exactly the same way every time. FT doesn't have a scoop but if it did I guess it would kick the ball in the same identical fashion every time. In fact the reel kickout is also exactly the same strength and arrives at your flipper at exactly the same point every time. Pinball really needs to have the ball act randomly. I'm not saying the kick outs should be all over the place but it should be slightly different each time otherwise the game is too easy. Farsight got this wrong and a game like Addams Family is far too easy because you KNOW that if you hold up the flipper it will trap the ball exactly the same way.

I hope you can make autoplunges and scoop kickouts behave properly and with an element of randomness.

Quote Originally Posted by chocky909 View Post
    So I've realised that the fish tales plunge always is exactly the same power. This means if you hold up the left flipper it bounces over exactly the same way every time. FT doesn't have a scoop but if it did I guess it would kick the ball in the same identical fashion every time. In fact the reel kickout is also exactly the same strength and arrives at your flipper at exactly the same point every time. Pinball really needs to have the ball act randomly. I'm not saying the kick outs should be all over the place but it should be slightly different each time otherwise the game is too easy. Farsight got this wrong and a game like Addams Family is far too easy because you KNOW that if you hold up the flipper it will trap the ball exactly the same way.

I hope you can make autoplunges and scoop kickouts behave properly and with an element of randomness.
    Agree about the randomness. The plunger shots generates the exact ball movement everytime.

the plunger seem randomized a little in fish tales in tournament. but it' a little too weak as it sometimes fails to plunge around. this would get fixed during a real tournament. so it needs a little more juice.

Quote Originally Posted by zaphod77 View Post
    the plunger seem randomized a little in fish tales in tournament. but it' a little too weak as it sometimes fails to plunge around. this would get fixed during a real tournament. so it needs a little more juice.
    That is true and I noticed that after I posted. I agree it is usually too weak and barely makes it round the orbit as it should. I'm sure all these things can be tweaked easily. I've played so many real Fish Tales I'm quite picky. I do hope that randomisation is added to all modes though because pinball should never be 100% predictable.

+1 for increased randomization