Thread: Nudging

Default Nudging

Nudging is just literally 3 strikes and you're out. Could use analog nudging so a light nudge won't trigger a warning, like real machine (that isn't insanely sensitive, set by dishonest owner/arcade).

All of your. tables could use this feature.

yeah, seems you people forgot that real pinball tilt warnings only come back when you DRAIN.

So after the beta update, here are my thoughts on nudging and tilt sensitivity:

First off, the nudges are too strong as many have mentioned. One fun thing I can do is tilt the game, and then as the ball is rolling down a flipper, nudge up to send it to the other flipper, and I can keep doing this back and forth forever... It's fun, but it certainly isn't realistic. :P

While the tilt sensitivity is better than before, I still feel like it could be improved. The 6 second cool down isn't that realistic, especially considering a tilt bob will keep swinging a significant amount for almost a minute. I feel like something along the lines of a nudge activating a lengthy cooldown based on its strength, but as the cooldown time lowers the allowable strength of the next nudge increases. So instead of it being just two nudges within 6 seconds resulting in a warning, it would be something like this: A full powered nudge activates a cooldown of almost a minute or so. With this much time in the cooldown, very small nudges can still be made, but too much power results in a warning. However, after about 15 seconds, the player can make some medium nudges, but still not any big nudges. Only once the cooldown drops completely would the player be able to make a full powered nudge again without any sort of penalty.

That's just a basic idea. I also realize that would cause trouble for keyboard and mobile users. Perhaps some sort of nudge strength option could fix that, or maybe even an auto-nudge which changes nudge strength on the fly to try and avoid getting a warning... I'm asking for too much, aren't I? :P

Anyways, thanks for the update, and I look forward to the next one!

Update on nudging - Nudging up makes the screen jump up, it distracts you and ruins your focus. You have to see it in action....