Thread: More interaction with objects

Default More interaction with objects

I like that the trolls in MM move when they get hit (TPA didn’t have that). And I especially like how the ball sometimes gets screwed by a spinner that is spinning in the opposite direction of the ball (TPA, and even VPX doesn’t do that to my knowledge, the ball will simply go through no matter what.)

But I’d like to see stand-up targets move slightly when they get hit hard. Same with flippers when they get hit hard while they’re up. A bit of a bounce when they get hit would add to the realism.

Yes, I could see how this would make the immersion better. Thanks for the suggestion I'll send over to the guys

Quote Originally Posted by McLovin View Post
    Yes, I could see how this would make the immersion better. Thanks for the suggestion I'll send over to the guys
    Similarly as mentioned in the Spacies Arcade video, when the ball drops from a great height onto the flipper (or hits it fast), the flipper should slightly move down, like in a real table. Would be awesome it these small touches could be added, as they really added to the realism.

Quote Originally Posted by allmodcons View Post
    Similarly as mentioned in the Spacies Arcade video, when the ball drops from a great height onto the flipper (or hits it fast), the flipper should slightly move down, like in a real table. Would be awesome it these small touches could be added, as they really added to the realism.
    And if the pushback and these things aren’t just for show and actually part of the physics, some energy from the ball is transfered to the stand up target or flipper (making drop catches possibly more realistic).
    Last edited by foofoorabbit; 09-12-2018 at 04:00 PM.

+1 Drop and stand-up target collision animation would significantly add to realism

The give in standups is actually what gives the randomness of bouncing off of them in real life. They deform a littel and don't return precisely to their spot.