Thread: Possible for beta to increase timer on the 3 others for further testing?

Default Possible for beta to increase timer on the 3 others for further testing?

Dont know if its possible Zen, but for us to further test the machines to see if there is other bugs or some stuff missin, the 1:30 timer does not give us a lot of time to test it, like we do with Fish Tales. Could it be possible to patch up this timer so we could get a bit more time to test it out, i dont know a 5 or 10 minute timer would be great. I dont know if its possible to patch this and repatch it to normal after the beta,( again dont know if its possible or if it will mess up your timer too in the non beta version ).We want to help!

Hey HighFive! Thanks for your feedback and for your suggestion! I will forward your request to our team! Have a great day!

Seconded. I'm first in line to buy the four pack when it's released. That said, I simply don't test the other three tables beyond Fish Tales. 90 seconds is just too short a time to test features and report back with meaningful feedback.

My game has a 3 minute timer for each of the 3 tables. I don't even remember it being just 1:30, or was this just recently changed?

it's 1 min 30 seconds for me.

Hi guys,

we'll probably leave Fish Tales as the main table going forward. But it's nice to hear you want to play more on the other 3 as well!

Quote Originally Posted by McLovin View Post
    Hi guys,

we'll probably leave Fish Tales as the main table going forward. But it's nice to hear you want to play more on the other 3 as well!
    Although that’s probably the main reason for many of us, we also want to play more for the purposes of finding any potential issues before the tables are released.

Somethings are difficult to test on a 90 second timer. MM multiball, or destroying the castle more than once, for example. A handful of people on the Steam forums said that FT multiball sometimes didn’t eject some of the balls.

I think many of us have had a bad experience with another company which would release stuff and almost categorically never go back to fix any issues. We don’t want this to happen with your product.

Quote Originally Posted by foofoorabbit View Post
    Although that’s probably the main reason for many of us, we also want to play more for the purposes of finding any potential issues before the tables are released.

Somethings are difficult to test on a 90 second timer. MM multiball, or destroying the castle more than once, for example. A handful of people on the Steam forums said that FT multiball sometimes didn’t eject some of the balls.

I think many of us have had a bad experience with another company which would release stuff and almost categorically never go back to fix any issues. We don’t want this to happen with your product.
    I think if there is issue it wont be a problem to get fix, pretty sure the support will be 10 time better . If we find bugs like you seen with the multiball on steam, we need to shout it, not on steam but here , like i found a bug with the UTurn in FT. Its probably an issue trying to fix the timer, could affect the engine totally and all other tables snd their tryout time to purchase.

Wonder why my game has a 3 minute timer for these tables... maybe because I have cabinet mode activated? Strange.

I've also activated cabinet mode, but still have only 90 seconds for testing.

So, I hope MM, Getaway: HS II, and Junk Yard, will still be open to tweaks and suggestions after the Volume 1 is released on Oct 9th.

I know Zen wants to release new tables and I’m eager to see what’s in store for Volune 2 but I don’t want to see Zen abandon fixing bugs in their released tables.

The beta only allowed us to play for 90 seconds which I feel wasn’t enough to really test then out fully.

95% of the beta feedback revolved around FT because that was the table everyone could play to their heart’s content. But we couldn’t beta test tournament mode for the other three tables. And the latest beta locks those three trial tables to Zen physics. So there is no way to even test Deep Engine(tm) on those tables anymore.

TLDR; I’m ok with the 90 seconds limit, but don’t pull a PreviousPinballSimDeveloperWeWontMention and not fix issues after the release of Volume 1.

I'm mystified not only by the decision not to at least increase the timer for the other three games, but to remove "classic" support entirely. I don't see how you can get meaningful beta feedback on anything but Fish Tales.

+1 on this.

I really want you Zen guys to succeed with Williams Pinball FX3. I wonder if you might invite a few of us to pay the $9.99 early, in order to be able unlock all tables to give you meaningful feedback for the whole first collection before release. If the answer is no, that's totally ok.