Thread: Battle of Mimban update 09.14. Friday - Scoreboard reset

Default Battle of Mimban update 09.14. Friday - Scoreboard reset

Pinball FX Community,

There is a bug in The Battle Mimban table that will be fixed on Friday, September 14.

The nature of the bug is allowing players to achieve unreasonably high, incorrect scores.

As a result, we plan to wipe the leaderboards when the bug fix is released, which will remove current scores for Single Player, Classic Single Player, Challenge and Weekly.

No other table statuses will be affected, including achievements, local leaderboards, and running Mimban tournament scores.

We apologize for this issue and hope you are all enjoying the new Star Wars™ Pinball: Solo Pack.

Dammit

1ball.jpg
    Accomplishments in real life

1. Rolled a star wars machine................ie played over 99 levels and rolled it back to level 1.
    2. Rolled Nintendo punch out, several times, same quarter.
    3. Played an entire game of dragons lair and completed it and won while blindfolded.

1. Rolled a star wars machine................ie played over 99 levels and rolled it back to level 1.
    3. Played an entire game of dragons lair and completed it and won while blindfolded.

Oh well, it was too good to be true. At least it explains why a clueless player like me suddenly scored 1.500M points. At first I thought it had something to do with that Heavy Artillery achievement I got, but then I was able to (almost) repeat that score.

Quote Originally Posted by mountainmaster View Post
    Oh well, it was too good to be true. At least it explains why a clueless player like me suddenly scored 1.500M points. At first I thought it had something to do with that Heavy Artillery achievement I got, but then I was able to (almost) repeat that score.
    The real sucky part is that these are possibly the 3 most boring tables Ive ever played and this one aspect (glitch) with massive points made this singular table out of the pack moderately fun.

Quote Originally Posted by cantankerous-- View Post
    these are possibly the 3 most boring tables Ive ever played
    I think they are pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by M!chel View Post
    I think they are pretty good.
    I'll maybe get in to them with time after learning them. I tend to think most tables are boring until Ive played them for weeks and learned how to spam the hell out of some aspect of them for points.

I thought you only liked the Champions table 😉

Quote Originally Posted by bosstime View Post
    I thought you only liked the Champions table ��
    I'm good at more than just Champions. I just like that one the best. lol

You guys removed the scores and fixed the point glitch but failed to alter anyones files if they were currently logged onto the game before the fix so anyone who was still playing during the fix is still able to ramp up the scores. I could have been a dick and just got every high score on that table, but only did one on survival to illustrate it. Remove my score and do it right please otherwise those reading this who were also still logged on will just do the same. After playing one game after seeing the scoreboard had been reset and guessing what had occured I closed application and restarted to see that indeed now the scoring on that table sucks and no one could just hit two billion easily like I did.

muffed.jpg
    Last edited by cantankerous--; 09-14-2018 at 04:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cantankerous-- View Post
    You guys removed the scores and fixed the point glitch but failed to alter anyones files if they were currently logged onto the game before the fix so anyone who was still playing during the fix is still able to ramp up the scores.

muffed.jpg
    I was thinking the same thing after looking at the leaderboards and thought that was probably the cause of such high scores in such a short time frame.

I should have doubted they would care, not that they do, but just in case I should have just got all the high scores and then posted it to my community and had them all do it too just to ensure Zen would delete em all.

PS. My opinion it was funner when the scores were higher and frankly, high scores would be given to everyone who played so changing the point value does nothing to the overall rankings as those who were good at exploiting it previously will just spam it now with just lower scores...............just the high scores were fun. JMO.
    Last edited by cantankerous--; 09-14-2018 at 10:58 PM.

I wondered why there were suddenly 10+ scores that looked way too high *right* after the reset. This explains it.

Quote Originally Posted by Blinky View Post
    I wondered why there were suddenly 10+ scores that looked way too high *right* after the reset. This explains it.
    Let's be honest, you saw my name and questioned for a second if it were possible. lol j/k

Thanks for your understanding, those bumper were a bit high.

Should be good now, and Classic was not reset.

Quote Originally Posted by McLovin View Post
    Thanks for your understanding, those bumper were a bit high.

Should be good now, and Classic was not reset.
    But did you remove the scores of players who had the table loaded in and were playing the same table at the time of leaderboard reset?. Also could Zen tell if the scores came from version 1 or version 2 of the table?.

Am I just being over suspicious or are the current leaderboards legit ?. Maybe Cantankerous could shed more light on this as he knows that one of his scores is not legit and whether it has been removed yet.
    Last edited by DepecheM101; 09-19-2018 at 05:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DepecheM101 View Post
    But did you remove the scores of players who had the table loaded in and were playing the same table at the time of leaderboard reset?. Also could Zen tell if the scores came from version 1 or version 2 of the table?.

Am I just being over suspicious or are the current leaderboards legit ?. Maybe Cantankerous could shed more light on this as he knows that one of his scores is not legit and whether it has been removed yet.
    On ps4 things are okay now unless someone has left their game on since the update and not installed the updated version, but I have a bogus score on the survival mode and see other bogus scores. They need to reset the scores again.