Thread: Intel graphics - Wiliams Tables crash on loading

Default Intel graphics - Wiliams Tables crash on loading

In the 1st release of the beta all williams tables crashed without error (sorcerers lair worked fine) on my gpdwin2 specs listed here:

CPU 64-bit x86 Intel Core M3-7Y30 (1.00 GHz/2.60 GHz max) TDP 15W
    Graphics Intel HD 615 Graphics (300 MHz/900 MHz max)
    Memory 8GB LPDDR3 1866 RAM
    Storage 128GB M.2 2242 solid-state drive MicroSD removable storage No capacity ceilings
    With the most recent update it at least now gives an error message:

On reddit post another user mentioned the same issue with a surface pro m3 which has the same chipset.

Other users mentioned similar behavior but in those instances they just needed to specify the system use their Nvidia GPUs instead of onboard graphics which unfortunately is not on option on m3 systems.

Is this an issue with intel graphics in general or is there a simple fix I'm missing?

I got a surface book, first model, come with both intel and nvidia gpu. I think its a intel 620 i got in it, and i tried it a bit with it, was way slower, but was working.Perhaps the 615 is slower and it might not run dont know, but my intel card was working.

Quote Originally Posted by HighFive View Post
    I got a surface book, first model, come with both intel and nvidia gpu. I think its a intel 620 i got in it, and i tried it a bit with it, was way slower, but was working.Perhaps the 615 is slower and it might not run dont know, but my intel card was working.
    Before the crash the loading screen text box begins to animate very slowly so that's a possibility. Curious if this will eventually be optimized for intel as their regular table loads without crashing and plays smoothly.