Thread: Serious bug with rome table, multiball & kickbacks

Default Serious bug with rome table, multiball & kickbacks

hello,

the following happend by accident, but i recorderd it for a moment:

i had a multiball, and the right kickback acitvated 2 balls went at the same time in the right kickback and then this happend :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7lCxTGZfgqU

it kept repeating over and over again, without the balls going away. It was only when i nudged the table the game went on.

I'm only reporting this because as you can see in the video the score kept going up which means if someone manages to trigger this on purpose and leave the game running of a couple of days he or she will be NR 1 on the
    score list due to a bug..

fyi i left the game running for half an hour and it was still repeating it ...

i know you need to be rather lucky to pull this off, but it happend to me so others might have it happend as well...
    Last edited by joyrider3774; 01-09-2011 at 11:44 AM.

KickBeaten Down

It's on our list to fix already. Fortunately, the points you get from it are so slow that it would take over a week for it to get you 100 million points. The electricity costs alone should deter people from doing that, not to mention the fact that you can't play your Xbox...

Quote Originally Posted by Solitude View Post
    It's on our list to fix already. Fortunately, the points you get from it are so slow that it would take over a week for it to get you 100 million points. The electricity costs alone should deter people from doing that, not to mention the fact that you can't play your Xbox...
    I think you may be underestimating how much I want to beat one of MultiForce's scores before I die

Quote Originally Posted by IAMMRBONGO View Post
    I think you may be underestimating how much I want to beat one of MultiForce's scores before I die
    lol same here

Quote Originally Posted by IAMMRBONGO View Post
    Sort of off topic, but as of this post I have him beat on Wolverine

Hope we are close to a date on that patch.

I also think the LB should be reset cause I'm sure there are people who have used or will use this.
    People even buy games they don't like just because they want achievements and gamer scores so I don't really think electricity bills or the fact that they can't use the xbox for anything else will put everyone off.

Maybe the suicide rates would go down too after a reset

Quote Originally Posted by Pbdrums001 View Post
    Sort of off topic, but as of this post I have him beat on Wolverine
    Drat I was just beating him at that one too.

Quote Originally Posted by MultiForce View Post
    Hope we are close to a date on that patch.

I also think the LB should be reset cause I'm sure there are people who have used or will use this.
    People even buy games they don't like just because they want achievements and gamer scores so I don't really think electricity bills or the fact that they can't use the xbox for anything else will put everyone off.

Maybe the suicide rates would go down too after a reset
    You're OK I'm not really that sad :-)

Quote Originally Posted by MultiForce View Post
    Maybe Zen has some statistics at their disposal to use to pinpoint games that used this. For example, the table stats record right and left drains I believe. Or the length of game could be an indicator, since at the moment I believe even the highest scores on Rome didn't take more than a few days (probably a lot less than that IMO, although I don't know other people's strategies). Maybe to be conservative, look for games that took over a week to finish or something like that.

Either way, I think an across-the-board LB reset would be bad, since I doubt the really high scores have anything to do with this bug, and a LB reset will end up mostly hurting people that didn't use the bug. I guess it also depends how long it is going to take them to fix this bug, which I definitely hope won't be long.