Thread: Williams™ Pinball Update Release Date, Price, Free Content and Remastered Versions

Default Williams™ Pinball Update Release Date, Price, Free Content and Remastered Versions

We are excited to reveal new details about the Williams™ Pinball tables coming soon to Pinball FX3.

Zen Studios will release Pinball FX3 – Williams™ Pinball Volume 1 on October 9, 2018. The initial pack includes Medieval Madness®, Junk Yard and The Getaway: High Speed II®, and will cost $9.99 / €9.99 / Ł8.99.

Fish Tales will be FREE for all Pinball FX3 players on Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Windows 10 and Steam, as well as for Zen Pinball 2 on Mac.

Zen Studios is also excited to reveal that in addition to the classic true to form simulations, the studio is also producing remastered versions of the classic tables which will include 3D interactive characters, side wall art, ball trailer effects, particle effects and more. Remastered versions of the tables can be played with both the new classic physics simulation or with Zen’s modern-day pinball physics simulation. The re-mastered versions will not cost additional money and are included in the regular price of the game.

At the push of a button players can toggle between classic and remastered versions of the tables.

We are also happy to let you know that the remastered versions of the Williams™ Pinball tables have been added to the Pinball FX3 LIVE Beta on Steam! The beta will conclude on September 24, 2018.

Wow!! Zen doing this release justice! Pricing is also good too and that remaster!! 😳😳😳😳

Incredible

Writer of Guides ShoryukenToTheChin's Avatar

Default Oh My!

Official Pinball Guides (PFX3 etc.) - Written & Video Form

Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
    PSN = SPIDER-STEVE88
    *Send a msg with any Friend Request!*

Don't forget to tune in for a hands-on gameplay stream from Dead Flip! 7 PM EDT on www.twitch.tv/dead_flip

First impression are very positive. I actually like all the #s popping up showing points etc. Great thing is that you can change into or out of those options in a flash.

I notice in fish tales now the middle ramps if missed and not going through doesn't lead to SDTM drains. Is that supposed to happen? Same with a full plunge you can easily caputer the ball on the left side from the couple times I've played. Perhaps I was playing the tournament mode as I was doing a league thing to test the remastered table.

In Medieval Madness when the ball comes out of the moat it hits the left bumper. Is that supposed to happen?

Edit. Actually I'm not sure I was playing with real physics or Zen's physics in the couple minutes I was playing so.....

Default Dang!!! <pumps fist in air>

Very cool, thank you Zen!
    XBL GT - JaySTeeY
    casual pinball player, looking for friendly competition

Quote Originally Posted by JaySTeeY View Post
    Very cool, thank you Zen!
    This is what Zen sent in my response to their tweet. Made me think of what you said here.

https://twitter.com/zen_studios/stat...980771328?s=19

Further observations.

Tournaments

I kind of was fiddling with tournaments and entered a Fish Tales one. The physics of all the tournaments seemed Zen based even when it stated it was Classic. After the first plunge I was able to easily trap the ball with the left flipper. The feel of the new changed physics wasn't apparant in the tournament.

In classic mode

The middle ramps seem to react better. That is that it's not as easy to get the ball all the way around every time you try for the shot. I could easily (before) just shoot the right ramp, left ramp, right ramp, left ramp, right ramp, left ramp, as the flippers were pretty powerful. That doesn't seem to be the case now. I did notice this as well in MM shooting the ramps to the tower and the left ramps as well. Great Job!!

Tournament and arcade mode. Separate leaderboards required. there is such a noticeable difference in the steepness of the board. Seems a bit harder to get up the ramps which isn't a bad thing.

I really hope you guys have added an option to add these tweaks to your older tables. As with this you could play classic or new tweaks with separate leaderboards. I just couldn't get into playing Sorcerer's Lair while going back to Zen's physics.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech101 View Post
    This is what Zen sent in my response to their tweet. Made me think of what you said here.
    LoL, that is truly how I reacted! Lucky it was lunchtime at work, so no one saw me...
    I just dumped some cash onto a prepaid c'card, including $10 for the new SW tables, and xtra for this. Glad to see such a quick release from time of PR!
    XBL GT - JaySTeeY

Great News, my XBox ist waiting. I hope i see "Tales of the Arabian Nights" from ZEN Studios one day. Greets from Gerrmany

Wow, excellent news, thank you.

I can't believe fish tales is in the first batch, the real machine being a personal fave for sentimental reasons, looking forward to playing it on release day, & the trip down memory lane it will invoke

I'm very excited to play a Zen version of Getaway. Two great things coming together here. Hopefully this will lead to more classic table remakes. There's no one better to do it than the Zen team.

*still daydreams of getting Speed Machine in FX3*

All of this is excellent and I can't wait for Oct. 9th.
    Accomplishments in real life

1. Rolled a star wars machine................ie played over 99 levels and rolled it back to level 1.
    2. Rolled Nintendo punch out, several times, same quarter.
    3. Played an entire game of dragons lair and completed it and won while blindfolded.

I'm hyped and excited like some kid on Christmas eve for the new realism! Everyone here probably is!
    It's also a paradigm shift, away from catering video pinball casuals and easy accessability to also appeal to the more serious, hardcore pinball fans.
    It will be difficult to keep both happy, but there should be enough tables to cover both tastes and everything in between.

However, my main concern is that this will be just another cover for the many underlying issues of pinball fx3 which havn't been resolved since release. Bringing this to your attention again may probably sound like a broken record, dear Zen people, but rest assured my nagging is well-founded and only aims to fx3 becoming a much better, and thus more profitable experience. The worst problems are, in short:

1) Table-related bugs. They are numerous and not a single one has ever been fixed. To the point that half of the collection is almost unplayable, because of some really silly and easy to fix programming errors. I got the impression you're not even tryin to fix any at all!
    2) There's no game mode to play! Match up (lowball) being a hot mess since, tournament scores not counting towards leaderboards (imagine running WR on an Olympiad but it doesn't count just because!), single play ruined by load'n save. Random play is just a gimmick to help decide, as different challenges require different upgrades. So only 5 minute and survival challenge are decent, if you don't mind time pressure, that is.
    3) Leaderboard imbalance. One of the most exciting and important aspects of pinball is simply corrupted to the core.

Now i'm kindly asking, what will the new realistic approach really do other than distract temporarily? Like all the other new brilliant tables piling up and up? What are they worth when they're still embedded in a poor system? What *could* they be instead? Really don't wanna be the party pooper here but once you invite the hardcore fans to your party they'll also notice the flaws and demand *working* tables, game modes and leaderboards as well. With the Williams addition, fx3 claims to be more than a video pinball fiesta but a proper simulation! So please make the right first impression and step up to the expectations of the new crowd. Now is the time to get everything right. The stars align, and will shine even brighter when polished to perfection.
    Last edited by SiggR22; 09-21-2018 at 01:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SiggR22 View Post
    I'm hyped and excited like some kid on Christmas eve for the new realism! Everyone here probably is!
    It's also a paradigm shift, away from catering video pinball casuals and easy accessability to also appeal to the more serious, hardcore pinball fans.
    It will be difficult to keep both happy, but there should be enough tables to cover both tastes and everything in between.

However, my main concern is that this will be just another cover for the many underlying issues of pinball fx3 which havn't been resolved since release. Bringing this to your attention again may probably sound like a broken record, dear Zen people, but rest assured my nagging is well-founded and only aims to fx3 becoming a much better, and thus more profitable experience. The worst problems are, in short:

1) Table-related bugs. They are numerous and not a single one has ever been fixed. To the point that half of the collection is almost unplayable, because of some really silly and easy to fix programming errors. I got the impression you're not even tryin to fix any at all!
    2) There's no game mode to play! Match up (lowball) being a hot mess since, tournament scores not counting towards leaderboards (imagine running WR on an Olympiad but it doesn't count just because!), single play ruined by load'n save. Random play is just a gimmick to help decide, as different challenges require different upgrades. So only 5 minute and survival challenge are decent, if you don't mind time pressure, that is.
    3) Leaderboard imbalance. One of the most exciting and important aspects of pinball is simply corrupted to the core.

Now i'm kindly asking, what will the new realistic approach really do other than distract temporarily? Like all the other new brilliant tables piling up and up? What are they worth when they're still embedded in a poor system? What *could* they be instead? Really don't wanna be the party pooper here but once you invite the hardcore fans to your party they'll also notice the flaws and demand *working* tables, game modes and leaderboards as well. With the Williams addition, fx3 claims to be more than a video pinball fiesta but a proper simulation! So please make the right first impression and step up to the expectations of the new crowd. Now is the time to get everything right. The stars align, and will shine even brighter when polished to perfection.
    Hi SiggR22,

1) Not sure what you mean here, we updated lots of tables to fix bugs that were persistent. Both Battle of Mimban and Calrissian Chronicles received very fast fixes with the most recent Solo pack. Could you give me an example of an unplayable table because of a bug? Maybe we could revisit some of them.
    2) Match up requires some tweaking I give you that, but it has been improved and worked on since it's first version. Also, a lot of the top leaderboard spots are occupied by players like Pinballwiz, or the LupsClub guys or members of the PSN Pinball league, or the Pinball Family on Steam who regularly post full playthroughs of their games and prove that their scores are legitly as big as you see. Glad you like Survival and 5 Minute challenge though!
    3) Which leaderboard are you referring to? As I said in point 2) a lot of the top scores are proven to be legit, and we make an effort to investigate potential cheated scores.

Thanks for the encouragement! We are always looking for ways to improve both tables and the game they are in.

Quote Originally Posted by McLovin View Post
    2) Match up requires some tweaking I give you that, but it has been improved and worked on since it's first version. Also, a lot of the top leaderboard spots are occupied by players like Pinballwiz, or the LupsClub guys or members of the PSN Pinball league, or the Pinball Family on Steam who regularly post full playthroughs of their games and prove that their scores are legitly as big as you see. Glad you like Survival and 5 Minute challenge though!
    Can't speak for SiggR22, but I think he means what many of us have been asking for, and that is If the same rules apply during tournament play as a leaderboard scoreboard our scores during tournament should post on leaderboards if we surpass our leaderboard scores which I have done numerous times. Zen tournaments should rotate more. I recall at least four spider-man tournaments and no marvels women of power: champions............not once.

Just a side note: The last spider-man tournament swag was awesome and I see most people showing off the spiderweb banner and such. Keep that up. Hell, I photo shop. Give us here in the community the dimensions of banners and let us design some. I bet there would be an outpouring of submissions.

About match up. I havnt played match up forever and because I didnt play it allowed me to retain my position for whatever reason. Last match up I played once and because my score sucked I went all the way back to bronze one?

Mimban still needs a reset. Look at the scores. Some, including myself were still playing during the last reset and as such still had the benefit of super scores.
    Last edited by cantankerous--; 09-26-2018 at 01:34 PM.

1. Rolled a star wars machine................ie played over 99 levels and rolled it back to level 1.
    3. Played an entire game of dragons lair and completed it and won while blindfolded.

1) Not sure what you mean here, we updated lots of tables to fix bugs that were persistent. Both Battle of Mimban and Calrissian Chronicles received very fast fixes with the most recent Solo pack. Could you give me an example of an unplayable table because of a bug? Maybe we could revisit some of them.
    Thanks for the reply!
    Calrissian Chronicles and Battle of Mimbam got fixed so fast, i was baffled by the speed it happened. Well done.
    Unfortunately all other tables never got any love. There's a dedicated bug report thread on this forum. It's not my job to verify them, neither do i possess all tables or all platforms. So i'll just give few examples of broken PS4 tables, and from my small point of view, they're the worst offenders:
    El Dorado: Skillshots impossible. Statue not locking.
    Son of Zeus: HERO rollover lanes not rollin over.
    Adventure Land: Bonus multiplier does not calculate.
    Mars: Kickbacks kicking saved balls straight out. And take ages to do so.
    Might of the First Order: Table so steep that the ramps cannot be reached up. Table mocks about it.
    These bugs are so blatantly obvious it's mind boggling they even got through playtesting, and i reported them months ago, and are so easy to identify verify and fix. But they never were for real. Maybe it's not important enough?
    Yes, technically, all bugged tables don't crash and thus are still 'playable'. But are they really?

Matchup has been improved slightly, yet it's still completely pointless. Doesn't even deserve its very name. It's not "Match up" as in "compete against other players", but rather "lowball" as in "avoid topping your previous scores". For fresh ideas and suggestions, there's a dedicated thread. Community can be resourceful.

3) Which leaderboard are you referring to? As I said in point 2) a lot of the top scores are proven to be legit, and we make an effort to investigate potential cheated scores.
    I'm also not talking about great players like LUPsClub or pinballwiz, who i hold in highest regards. They are honest and loyal Zen supporters.
    Again, there's already a thread "Cheaters: kthula, Ardenwulfe and !!!!!!" for details. Their illegitimate scores infest the top 8 of almost each leaderboard, utterly ruining pinball's competitive spirit for everyone else. I mean, at least the 5 minute challenge and the survival leaderboards should be kept clean on a regular base, right, as they are integrity's last resort? The other ones will always be subject to scum-saving tactics anyway, as long as there's a save game option in place.
    Sadly, the real issue here doesn't even seem to be the cheaters, but Zen's inability or unwillingness to deal with them and cheating in general. It's as if bending the rules was almost encouraged...
    Last edited by SiggR22; 09-27-2018 at 09:06 AM.

The game is very interesting. Thanks

I’m so stoked for these and so happy that they’re releasing on Switch the same as the others. These will be my first tables that I’ll have purchased for Switch and I can’t wait to start playing pinball on it. I’d hoped Switch would be my replacement for my Vita for FX3 but since that’s not possible with it not getting the Marvel or Star Wars tables I haven’t been using it for pinball like I had planned. At least it can be the home for my FX3 replica tables now. Bath time is about to get much more intense!

Great job as always to everyone at Zen! I can’t stress how awesome it is that these tables are now in the hands of the people whom I honestly believe are the absolute best in the business.

Hi all , i'm waiting this 9 October ! I play in a pincab and like only real tables
    I found that fx2 and fx3 are good pinball games, nice physics, and nice optimized graphics, but i never tried a lot (just demos) because there was not real tables.
    I use visual pinball and the pinball arcade on my pincab for real tables and i really hope those williams table in fx3 will a mix of the the best of all.

Do you plan to add more packs like this in the future ? and maybe from others manufacturers (bally, gottlied .... )

thanks for reading

sigh. need a report button. @#%$# spammer.

Quote Originally Posted by zaphod77 View Post
    sigh. need a report button. @#%$# spammer.
    There is a report button. I'm on mobile and its the little triangle on the lower left. I reported them.

Thanks for the reply!

El Dorado: Skillshots impossible.
    Adventure Land: Bonus multiplier does not calculate.
    Mars: Kickbacks kicking saved balls straight out. And take ages to do so.
    Mclovin, these three are really annoying and I can confirm that they are real lol. In Adventureland, it is really annoying that the multipliers do not work. And I have played ElDorado like 5000 times across platforms and I think I got that skill shot like twice

El Dorado Skillshot is finally fixed now!
    Erm yesterday it was working at least. Pretty sure it was, as it was the first and easiest to test! But currently no longer. How strange!
    At least the statue seems okay now, no picky eater anymore. It's sooo much more enjoyable to play right now, thanks Zen!

Might of the first Order doesn't seem to be as steep as before, so that's well done, too! It makes all the difference now!

Mars kickbacks arn't kicking the ball directly out, and they're also doing it in the same location each time, so i guess they're kinda fixed too. The right kickback, however, hits now the left slingshot, which then randomly (about 10%) slings it back to the drain from where it was just saved. So some nudging is required here, as that very kickback won't kick in twice in a row. All in all, a much needed improvement.
    The Pyramid multiball is still unplayably difficult, though. And i'm really not a bad player at all and do know quite some tricks.

Hopefully more tables will get revised soon, Zen's on the right track now.
    Last edited by SiggR22; 10-04-2018 at 05:19 PM.

That fast?

Patch 1.09 did change something, but right now, it seems the El Dorado Skillshot is back to square one again. See the bug report thread for the issue, which i described in detail there.

Hey Mclovin,

Any idea when we will get information on other Midway tables coming to Pinball FX3? Or at least what `Volume 2` will hold?

Erm yesterday it was working at least. Pretty sure it was, as it was the first and easiest to test! But currently no longer. How strange!
    At least the statue seems okay now, no picky eater anymore. It's sooo much more enjoyable to play right now, thanks Zen!

Might of the first Order doesn't seem to be as steep as before, so that's well done, too! It makes all the difference now!

Mars kickbacks arn't kicking the ball directly out, and they're also doing it in the same location each time, so i guess they're kinda fixed too. The right kickback, however, hits now the left slingshot, which then randomly (about 10%) slings it back to the drain from where it was just saved. So some nudging is required here, as that very kickback won't kick in twice in a row. All in all, a much needed improvement.
    The Pyramid multiball is still unplayably difficult, though. And i'm really not a bad player at all and do know quite some tricks.

Hopefully more tables will get revised soon, Zen's on the right track now.
    Mars Pyramid multiball is what it is On FX2 it was one of the rights of passage along with Ultimo (Ironman).

Quote Originally Posted by cocothetrain View Post
    Hey Mclovin,

Any idea when we will get information on other Midway tables coming to Pinball FX3? Or at least what `Volume 2` will hold?
    How many tables do you plan to release within a year?
    We are launching 4 tables with the first release, and we should have another 4 tables out before the end of 2018. 2019 will be very busy with releases, you will not be disappointed!

https://www.pinballfx.com/?page_id=7989
    XBL GT - JaySTeeY

Speakin of the five exemplary 'unplayable' tables again, i'm pleased that the issues were adressed so quick, so patch 1.09 could partially resolve them just in time. Good job!
    I do understand that bugfixing is probably much more complicated than it looks, and does need considerable time. A table's cure must also work properly, after all, and make sure its 'host' runs safely until next patch, lest it is worse than the disease!
    Apparently, bugs related to a table's 'mechanics' are easier to repair than a table's 'electronics'. That's at least my uneducated guess why Eldorado's statue, Mars' kickbacks and Might of the First Order's steepness were fixed, while other seemingly 'easier' issues on the same tables, like scoring bugs or gameplay modes, were not. Kinda like... real pinball machines?
    Although i'd consider a table 'working properly' only when it's completely fixed, i'd rather have frustrating 'mechanical' issues fixed first, so i'm definitely grateful about the newly won playability of the three above-mentioned pins. Thanks Zen!

Banned

First impression are very positive. I actually like all the #s popping up showing points etc. Great thing is that you can change into or out of those options in a flash.

Default Civil War has bug reported long ago. NOT FIXED!

I reported a bug to ZEN for Wizard play mode for Civil War and it still has not been fixed. The upper right flipper is stuck behind the upper right back lip of the sink hold and remains stuck regardless of restarts or hard shut downs on my XBOX 1. Please fix and advise. Thank you!

Hi SiggR22,

Thanks for the encouragement! We are always looking for ways to improve both tables and the game they are in.

The calm before the storm...
    XBL GT - JaySTeeY

Quote Originally Posted by JaySTeeY View Post
    The calm before the storm...

So you feel it as well.....

Saw there was an update on PS4 today. Hurry up tomorrow!

Quote Originally Posted by Jak3_Ry4n View Post
    So you feel it as well.....
    I can only imagine the atmosphere in the Zen studio right now, absolutely frenetic...
    XBL GT - JaySTeeY

I have just purchased the pack but Fish Tales is not showing up at all on Xbox.

Hey! We know about the issue, we are currently working on fixing it!

Williams pinball pack not available via PS4 in France ??
    Any info about release time ?
    Thanks
    Last edited by ztouta37; 10-09-2018 at 12:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chili View Post
    Hey! We know about the issue, we are currently working on fixing it!
    Thanks for the update. I am liking what you have done with the tables upto now but I have one little complaint and that is on Medieval Madness, when the castle shakes I feel that there should be some vibration feedback on Xbox.

The Williams tables are there, what I was happy about... at least until I played Fish Tales.
    Fish Tales is playing absolutely horrible. He is unimaginative in design and therefore very boring to play. The typical pinball noises "ding, ding, ding" got on my nerves after seconds and just excited me... ahhhhhh. Besides, they are also more than unimaginative.
    The ball feeling is also extremely strange as I think. It somehow doesn't feel like the previous Pinball FX tables.
    Conclusion: I hate Fish Tales and have absolutely no interest in the other three Williams tables.
    I just hope that they will be available sometime in the sale for 2-3 dollars so I can complete my collection.
    Or take them out somehow and give them an extra section completely separated from the good Pinball FX tables.
    So far I've bought all the tables and was always very happy with the ball feel, design, sound, variety, etc. but Fish Tales is just a total disaster.
    I'm sorry I have to write it like this but that's my honest opinion. I registered myself in this forum to express this opinion and hope that it will contribute to the fact that there will be no more Williams tables in the future or that these will be outsourced or implemented differently in the basic game apart from the usual tables or that they will be revised (especially the sound... absolutely urgent the sound).

Apart from that I can only say keep on doing as before the other tables are really awesome.

Zen, this is so awesome. Thank you!

Couple of little improvements maybe:
    The knocker sound effect is great, add a little controller vibration too?
    Also add vibration when ball is looping in the Supercharger? Would love a more "metallic" sound effect when it's looping round it too.

Now, got to go. Need to play MORE! ❤️

I have to agree with Beastbox. I too am somewhat underwhelmed, having been spoiled with all those (unrealistic) bells and whistles of the other tables. I guess realism is not everyone's cup of tea.

Also the tables are way too tiny on my laptop screen compared to the Zen Studios designs. Still a nice addition to the ever growing collection. I just hope not all of the effort from now on is going be directed towards the Williams tables.

Quote Originally Posted by Beastbox View Post
    The Williams tables are there, what I was happy about... at least until I played Fish Tales.
    Fish Tales is playing absolutely horrible. He is unimaginative in design and therefore very boring to play. The typical pinball noises "ding, ding, ding" got on my nerves after seconds and just excited me... ahhhhhh. Besides, they are also more than unimaginative.
    The ball feeling is also extremely strange as I think. It somehow doesn't feel like the previous Pinball FX tables.
    Apart from that I can only say keep on doing as before the other tables are really awesome.
    If you watched the videos leading up to the release of the Williams tables, it was explained that the ball physics model is different for the Williams tables. In order for the tables work correctly, ZEN had to get rid of the arcade style ball physics that their traditional tables use. People who want to play the real machines like myself consider this an absolute necessity. If you don't introduce real ball physics to a real table, it breaks the table. What is funny is that I consider the original ZEN tables boring (sorry ZEN!) and the real tables far more interesting mechanics wise. I am stoked with real tables being added to the FX3 library. With its robust cabinet support and crisp graphics, I am on board!

-Ski

Quote Originally Posted by mountainmaster View Post
    I have to agree with Beastbox. I too am somewhat underwhelmed, having been spoiled with all those (unrealistic) bells and whistles of the other tables. I guess realism is not everyone's cup of tea.
    Ahh, there goes that term "realism" again. As a sim gamer, I am always arguing with a console gamer over the term "realism". For me, realism is a reflection of how the game WORKS, not how the game LOOKS. The Williams tables are far, far more realistic with the ball physics. Sure, you don't have the "realistic" graphics that the traditional ZEN tables have, but I don't play pinball to watch a shark swim around the back of me (in VR of course!). I want to know that when I nail a shot on a table, it was me and not the game.....

-Ski

Also the tables are way too tiny on my laptop screen compared to the Zen Studios designs. Still a nice addition to the ever growing collection. I just hope not all of the effort from now on is going be directed towards the Williams tables.
    While i'm excited about the new Williams Zen tables i am also worried that the Original Zen tables might take a backseat in the future.That would be a raw deal indeed.With Williams Zen is taking a chance of alienating the Zen audience that are only used to the arcadelike Zen originals.

I asked about this and other things in the Williams Pinball FAQ thread but never got an answer.Where is Barbie?

Some additional FAQ's:

Will the Williams tables have a negative impact on the release of future regular Zen tables?Will the output of new regular tables decrease, are the Williams tables supposed to take their place in the future?

Is it a technical possibility to provide the new Williams physics for the regular Zen tables as an alternate option to the old physics?Is Zen considering this possibility?

Will there be censorship for the Williams Pinball FX tables?For example will Medieval Madness be released with Family Mode Off?Will Family Mode in general be an option that is determined by the user?

Thx.
    Played Fish Tales earlier(PS4) and on first impression i really enjoyed it.Also played the remastered version shortly but that didn't seem too much of an alternate experience.At least with Fish Tales.Tonight i'll check out the rest of the Vol.1 tables, especially looking forward to Medieval Madness.Hope it won't be censored/family mode on.I need an option to turn off family mode or else that might be a dealbreaker.Especially since Zen sells their tables in packs not singles.I want to be able to boycott the censored tables.

Another question i have is what is the exact difference of table difficulty between Arcade Setup vs Tournament Setup?

Everyone have fun with the new Williams tables!

If anyone can be a hater on here, it's me, and I love the new tables. To be perfectly honest, I have only played, Fish Tales and, The Getaway and havnt put the Getaway down for past 40 minutes. Love the physics and the overall table in general. Found a glitch in survival mode, but Im certain it will be sorted soon. Great job Zen, and thanks for the free table.

I can understand your point. But, a lot of us guys who own real pinball machines in our garages, etc. were concerned that the zen fantasy elements in the remastered versions were going to be "over the top" in terms of effects. Instead, I found myself pleasantly surprised that the fantasy elements are tastefully implemented, and in keeping with the feel of the original tables. I really like the remastered versions.

Congratulations Zen! These tables look & play great. It's a major step forward compared to the TPA versions. I'll be buying all these tables again
    https://www.arnauddeklerk.com <- Find out more about me!
    https://www.file-hunter.com <- Play Amiga & MSX Pinball games online

There is going to be a lot of love and a lot of hate for these new tables.

1 - If you only ever played Pinball FX2 and FX3 then this will feel very much like a departure. Playing in the `Classic` mode you will not get any of the Arcade look and feel you have come to expect with FX. Their `ReMastered` mode will give you elements of that feeling, but the ball physics will still feel off to you in either mode.

2 - If you got used to balancing Pinball FX and Pinball Arcade, like many here have, you will still notice some differences, but I think the general consensus is that FX knocked this out of the park.

None of this will replace a real machine, and it should not be expected to. I had played many games of Medieval Madness, both the classic and remake. I have no interest in dropping almost $15,000 CAD on a unit, not to mention the upkeep. I consider these simulations to be an absolutely amazing alternative.

For me, VP was a good start, Pinball Arcade did a great job for a retail product, Arcooda improved upon that with their cabinet mode, and now FX has mastered it.

If you are going to post on here why you hate a table, please give us more details about why!

I played though the Beta and was blown away with everything. Medieval Madness feels incredible, and Fish Tales feels just as annoying and ball draining as the real thing

Great job Zen - I've only done 5 minute challenges for each of the 4 new tables but the attention to detail is fantastic. I love how you can just press the B button and switch from "enhanced" graphics back to realistic. I can't wait to play some more - thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by PainkillerJTL View Post
    Great job Zen - I've only done 5 minute challenges for each of the 4 new tables but the attention to detail is fantastic. I love how you can just press the B button and switch from "enhanced" graphics back to realistic. I can't wait to play some more - thanks!
    Amazing job, Zen studios. Those classic modes are insanely tough, but the 3 mode play options for these tables works quite well for me. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by ALH2012 View Post
    While i'm excited about the new Williams Zen tables i am also worried that the Original Zen tables might take a backseat in the future.That would be a raw deal indeed.With Williams Zen is taking a chance of alienating the Zen audience that are only used to the arcadelike Zen originals.
    I think that it was a brilliant stroke to get arcade tables into FX3. With PBA slowly dying out, ZEN will now grab us arcade guys and we will willingly open our wallets to be able to continue playing real tables on our cabinets and PC's. Now ZEN has the attention of both groups and can grow knowing that they can kick out either type table knowing it sell well AND hope for crossovers which will happen as players find something new on the other side of the wall. Thank you ZEN!

-Ski

Quote Originally Posted by cocothetrain View Post
    For me, VP was a good start, Pinball Arcade did a great job for a retail product, Arcooda improved upon that with their cabinet mode, and now FX has mastered it.
    That's what i was trying to write I totally agree.

I play with my pincab , i used vp9, then pba, recently i came back to vpx , and tried this fx3 only waiting for the williams table ... i tried 5 min fish tales and then bought immédiatly the pack with a good surprise .... it's named pack "1" ! I already wait for the next ones (and gottlied, bally etc of course )

i loved the previous games, with both their good and bad things, but now i admit the best one is fx3, physics, graphics (even if it's more "flashy" than the originals ).
    As i use the cabinet mode i just have a visual problem (but it was the same with others games) as my playfielkd is a 16/10 screen, and all games are optimized for 16/9, it's time to change this screen ...

The only point where this game is under vpx is the animated backglass, even for those that don't use a pincab, many people have two screen, an option ot have and animated backglass on screen 2 would be simply perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by teamski View Post
    I think that it was a brilliant stroke to get arcade tables into FX3. With PBA slowly dying out, ZEN will now grab us arcade guys and we will willingly open our wallets to be able to continue playing real tables on our cabinets and PC's. Now ZEN has the attention of both groups and can grow knowing that they can kick out either type table knowing it sell well AND hope for crossovers which will happen as players find something new on the other side of the wall. Thank you ZEN!

-Ski
    I own all of the TPA and Zen tables and love both pinball styles and i agree, the more the merrier.I just hope that the Zen Original tables don't take a backseat to or even run the risk of getting completely replaced by the Zen Willams tables.That would be very questionable.I want a healthy balance.

There will be some players who are exclusively used to the Zen Originals and will not dig the Williams tables but if those customers should jump ship they will be replaced, at least partially, by the pinball fans who previously avoided Zen and are here for the Willams tables.Sorta a win some, lose some situation but overall adding the Williams tables to the Zen library is a most welcome move for pinball aficionados.

The new tables are excellent - was wondering how they were going to be being a TPA player aswell. They have certainly beat my expectations. I have noticed a bug on the 5 minute challenge for the High Speed table - if you activate multiball & lose all the 3 balls the game ends even though you have time left to play - happened to me twice yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt_Tenor View Post
    How?

-Ski