Williams™ Pinball Update Release Date, Price, Free Content and Remastered Versions

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • McLovin
    Marketing Manager
    • Apr 2017

Williams™ Pinball Update Release Date, Price, Free Content and Remastered Versions

We are excited to reveal new details about the Williams™ Pinball tables coming soon to Pinball FX3.

Zen Studios will release Pinball FX3 – Williams™ Pinball Volume 1 on October 9, 2018. The initial pack includes Medieval Madness®, Junk Yard and The Getaway: High Speed II®, and will cost $9.99 / €9.99 / £8.99.

Fish Tales will be FREE for all Pinball FX3 players on Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Windows 10 and Steam, as well as for Zen Pinball 2 on Mac.

Zen Studios is also excited to reveal that in addition to the classic true to form simulations, the studio is also producing remastered versions of the classic tables which will include 3D interactive characters, side wall art, ball trailer effects, particle effects and more. Remastered versions of the tables can be played with both the new classic physics simulation or with Zen’s modern-day pinball physics simulation. The re-mastered versions will not cost additional money and are included in the regular price of the game.

At the push of a button players can toggle between classic and remastered versions of the tables.

We are also happy to let you know that the remastered versions of the Williams™ Pinball tables have been added to the Pinball FX3 LIVE Beta on Steam! The beta will conclude on September 24, 2018.
  • Tech101
    • Jan 2012

Wow!! Zen doing this release justice! Pricing is also good too and that remaster!! 😳😳😳😳
    Proud member of the Hyna Gang! Keeping pinball alive on the Wii U!

Comment

• SiggR22
      • Dec 2017

Incredible

Comment

• ShoryukenToTheChin
        Writer of Guides
        • Apr 2011

Oh My!

sigpic

Official Pinball Guides (PFX3 etc.) - Written & Video Form

PSN = SrkToTheChin
        Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
        *Send a msg with any Friend Request!*

Comment

• McLovin
          Marketing Manager
          • Apr 2017

Don't forget to tune in for a hands-on gameplay stream from Dead Flip! 7 PM EDT on www.twitch.tv/dead_flip

Comment

• Sgt_Tenor
            • Jun 2017

First impression are very positive. I actually like all the #s popping up showing points etc. Great thing is that you can change into or out of those options in a flash.

I notice in fish tales now the middle ramps if missed and not going through doesn't lead to SDTM drains. Is that supposed to happen? Same with a full plunge you can easily caputer the ball on the left side from the couple times I've played. Perhaps I was playing the tournament mode as I was doing a league thing to test the remastered table.

In Medieval Madness when the ball comes out of the moat it hits the left bumper. Is that supposed to happen?

Edit. Actually I'm not sure I was playing with real physics or Zen's physics in the couple minutes I was playing so.....

Comment

• JaySTeeY
              • Apr 2014

Dang!!! <pumps fist in air>

Very cool, thank you Zen!
              XBL GT - JaySTeeY
              casual pinball player, looking for friendly competition

Comment

• Tech101
                • Jan 2012

Originally posted by JaySTeeY
                Very cool, thank you Zen!
                This is what Zen sent in my response to their tweet. Made me think of what you said here.

Proud member of the Hyna Gang! Keeping pinball alive on the Wii U!

Comment

• Sgt_Tenor
                  • Jun 2017

Further observations.

Tournaments

I kind of was fiddling with tournaments and entered a Fish Tales one. The physics of all the tournaments seemed Zen based even when it stated it was Classic. After the first plunge I was able to easily trap the ball with the left flipper. The feel of the new changed physics wasn't apparant in the tournament.

In classic mode

The middle ramps seem to react better. That is that it's not as easy to get the ball all the way around every time you try for the shot. I could easily (before) just shoot the right ramp, left ramp, right ramp, left ramp, right ramp, left ramp, as the flippers were pretty powerful. That doesn't seem to be the case now. I did notice this as well in MM shooting the ramps to the tower and the left ramps as well. Great Job!!

Tournament and arcade mode. Separate leaderboards required. there is such a noticeable difference in the steepness of the board. Seems a bit harder to get up the ramps which isn't a bad thing.

I really hope you guys have added an option to add these tweaks to your older tables. As with this you could play classic or new tweaks with separate leaderboards. I just couldn't get into playing Sorcerer's Lair while going back to Zen's physics.

Comment

• JaySTeeY
                    • Apr 2014

Originally posted by Tech101
                    This is what Zen sent in my response to their tweet. Made me think of what you said here.
                    LoL, that is truly how I reacted! Lucky it was lunchtime at work, so no one saw me...
                    I just dumped some cash onto a prepaid c'card, including $10 for the new SW tables, and xtra for this. Glad to see such a quick release from time of PR!
                    XBL GT - JaySTeeY
                    casual pinball player, looking for friendly competition

Comment

• Bonny666
                      • Sep 2014

Great News, my XBox ist waiting. I hope i see "Tales of the Arabian Nights" from ZEN Studios one day. Greets from Gerrmany

Comment

• Freewheelin42
                        aka Breeze
                        • Oct 2017

Wow, excellent news, thank you.

I can't believe fish tales is in the first batch, the real machine being a personal fave for sentimental reasons, looking forward to playing it on release day, & the trip down memory lane it will invoke

Comment

• Satori
                          • Mar 2012

I'm very excited to play a Zen version of Getaway. Two great things coming together here. Hopefully this will lead to more classic table remakes. There's no one better to do it than the Zen team.

*still daydreams of getting Speed Machine in FX3*

Comment

• cantankerous--
                            Pinball Wizard
                            • Nov 2016

All of this is excellent and I can't wait for Oct. 9th.
                            Accomplishments in real life

1. Rolled a star wars machine................ie played over 99 levels and rolled it back to level 1.
                            2. Rolled Nintendo punch out, several times, same quarter.
                            3. Played an entire game of dragons lair and completed it and won while blindfolded.
                            sigpic

Comment

• SiggR22
                              • Dec 2017

I'm hyped and excited like some kid on Christmas eve for the new realism! Everyone here probably is!
                              It's also a paradigm shift, away from catering video pinball casuals and easy accessability to also appeal to the more serious, hardcore pinball fans.
                              It will be difficult to keep both happy, but there should be enough tables to cover both tastes and everything in between.

However, my main concern is that this will be just another cover for the many underlying issues of pinball fx3 which havn't been resolved since release. Bringing this to your attention again may probably sound like a broken record, dear Zen people, but rest assured my nagging is well-founded and only aims to fx3 becoming a much better, and thus more profitable experience. The worst problems are, in short:

1) Table-related bugs. They are numerous and not a single one has ever been fixed. To the point that half of the collection is almost unplayable, because of some really silly and easy to fix programming errors. I got the impression you're not even tryin to fix any at all!
                              2) There's no game mode to play! Match up (lowball) being a hot mess since, tournament scores not counting towards leaderboards (imagine running WR on an Olympiad but it doesn't count just because!), single play ruined by load'n save. Random play is just a gimmick to help decide, as different challenges require different upgrades. So only 5 minute and survival challenge are decent, if you don't mind time pressure, that is.
                              3) Leaderboard imbalance. One of the most exciting and important aspects of pinball is simply corrupted to the core.

Now i'm kindly asking, what will the new realistic approach really do other than distract temporarily? Like all the other new brilliant tables piling up and up? What are they worth when they're still embedded in a poor system? What *could* they be instead? Really don't wanna be the party pooper here but once you invite the hardcore fans to your party they'll also notice the flaws and demand *working* tables, game modes and leaderboards as well. With the Williams addition, fx3 claims to be more than a video pinball fiesta but a proper simulation! So please make the right first impression and step up to the expectations of the new crowd. Now is the time to get everything right. The stars align, and will shine even brighter when polished to perfection.
                              Last edited by SiggR22; 09-21-2018, 01:13 PM.

Comment

Working...