Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Medieval Madness with Zen effects. Trolls need some love!

  1. #1

    Default Medieval Madness with Zen effects. Trolls need some love!

    Ok, tried MM with Zen effect, castle destroying, dragon, very cool, buuuut, something is missing imo, and i think it could be a great addition.

    Trolls! They need some love imo. What i mean is i was expecting animated faces, like trolls showing their tongue, growling, etc. We just have the same trolls, with stars around them when we hit them. I think it could be a great addition to animate those lovely trolls!

  2. #2
    Community Manager McLovin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    565

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HighFive View Post
    Ok, tried MM with Zen effect, castle destroying, dragon, very cool, buuuut, something is missing imo, and i think it could be a great addition.

    Trolls! They need some love imo. What i mean is i was expecting animated faces, like trolls showing their tongue, growling, etc. We just have the same trolls, with stars around them when we hit them. I think it could be a great addition to animate those lovely trolls!
    Troooooooooooolllllsssssss.

    Thanks for the suggestion HighFive!

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    21

    Default

    Trolls and maybe even some water in the moat! "Zen" the whole thing!

  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Moosebox View Post
    Trolls and maybe even some water in the moat! "Zen" the whole thing!
    Yeah, I was thinking water in the moat too. But also consider:

    Lightning strikes hitting both the left and the right sides of the castle during the Multiball intro. See DMD animation.

    Lightning bolts striking both sides of the cabinet when getting a Double Super Jackpot on Multiball Madness.

    There's just so much that could be done on these games!

  5. #5

    Default

    As someone who loves pinball just the way it is, I'm surprised to find I actually really like the way these Zen 3D extra effects are implemented. They're tastefully done, nicely integrated with the theme, and aren't distracting and overbearing. Really hope you guys include the option to turn these on in Arcade and Tournament modes, but I understand if you want to leave these extras as Zen Mode exclusives. That said, I'm still very happy that there's an option to toggle them off! Love the choices.

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Logan View Post
    As someone who loves pinball just the way it is, I'm surprised to find I actually really like the way these Zen 3D extra effects are implemented. They're tastefully done, nicely integrated with the theme, and aren't distracting and overbearing. Really hope you guys include the option to turn these on in Arcade and Tournament modes, but I understand if you want to leave these extras as Zen Mode exclusives. That said, I'm still very happy that there's an option to toggle them off! Love the choices.
    Yeah, also find them to be very cool to play with! At first i was ok with it, both option being available, prefering the real mode, but after trying it, i just can say i will spend time on it for sure. It add something to these real tables, and thats perfect

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pinballwiz45b View Post
    Yeah, I was thinking water in the moat too. But also consider:

    Lightning strikes hitting both the left and the right sides of the castle during the Multiball intro. See DMD animation.

    Lightning bolts striking both sides of the cabinet when getting a Double Super Jackpot on Multiball Madness.

    There's just so much that could be done on these games!

    Loving the idea of the lightning strikes!

  8. #8
    Table Designer deep's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    346

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Logan View Post
    As someone who loves pinball just the way it is, I'm surprised to find I actually really like the way these Zen 3D extra effects are implemented. They're tastefully done, nicely integrated with the theme, and aren't distracting and overbearing. Really hope you guys include the option to turn these on in Arcade and Tournament modes, but I understand if you want to leave these extras as Zen Mode exclusives. That said, I'm still very happy that there's an option to toggle them off! Love the choices.
    Thank (all of) you for the kind words You can turn on and off the extra effects in every mode with a simple push of a button! (B by default on an Xbox controller)

  9. #9

    Default

    Excellent, Deep. I just gave you guys some props over on Pinside for being so responsive to user feedback. Awesome communication. Thanks!

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    111

    Default

    I second this. The effects are very tasteful, and many other tables deserve them.

    Let's everyone make your suggestions for future tables now.

    My list so far, beyond generic improvements.

    1) T2. obviously have the terminators on the field, make the cannon look more like a real high tech cannon.
    2) Whirlwind. actual tornados instead of spinning discs. Add lightning strokes and wind blowing the decorations too.
    3) Twilight zone: more impressive glowy powerball, colored pinballs from gumball machine, funky distortion for magnet activation on the powerfield.
    4) TAF: animated elecric chair that sparks, power effects, characters on the field doing apropriate things.
    5) ST:TNG. actual phaser beams and photon torpedoes.

  11. #11

    Default

    Excellent imagination, zaphod. I like all your ideas.

  12. #12
    Community Manager McLovin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    565

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zaphod77 View Post
    I second this. The effects are very tasteful, and many other tables deserve them.

    Let's everyone make your suggestions for future tables now.

    My list so far, beyond generic improvements.

    1) T2. obviously have the terminators on the field, make the cannon look more like a real high tech cannon.
    2) Whirlwind. actual tornados instead of spinning discs. Add lightning strokes and wind blowing the decorations too.
    3) Twilight zone: more impressive glowy powerball, colored pinballs from gumball machine, funky distortion for magnet activation on the powerfield.
    4) TAF: animated elecric chair that sparks, power effects, characters on the field doing apropriate things.
    5) ST:TNG. actual phaser beams and photon torpedoes.
    For me a list could be (mind you I'm not saying these tables will be released, this is purely fiction, brainstorming):

    - The boxer being a fully animated moving 3D model on Champion's Pub (I know he already kind of is on the real table, but I think there's room to make him more lifelike)
    - A Yeti model on White Whater, maybe put the ball in a little boat on the up-down ramp
    - Actual fire effects on Fire, maybe an old timey firetruck going around
    - UFO-s flying around on both Mars tables
    - Some kind of acrobat on Circus Voltaire and really crazy effects on the neon ramp

    We are glad you like the Zen effects, we really aimed for tasteful, unobtrusive enhancements.

  13. #13
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by McLovin View Post
    For me a list could be (mind you I'm not saying these tables will be released, this is purely fiction, brainstorming):

    - The boxer being a fully animated moving 3D model on Champion's Pub (I know he already kind of is on the real table, but I think there's room to make him more lifelike)
    - A Yeti model on White Whater, maybe put the ball in a little boat on the up-down ramp
    - Actual fire effects on Fire, maybe an old timey firetruck going around
    - UFO-s flying around on both Mars tables
    - Some kind of acrobat on Circus Voltaire and really crazy effects on the neon ramp

    We are glad you like the Zen effects, we really aimed for tasteful, unobtrusive enhancements.
    OMG!!!! All these tables confirmed for the Williams' collection!!!!

  14. #14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by McLovin View Post
    For me a list could be (mind you I'm not saying these tables will be released, this is purely fiction, brainstorming):

    - The boxer being a fully animated moving 3D model on Champion's Pub (I know he already kind of is on the real table, but I think there's room to make him more lifelike)
    - A Yeti model on White Whater, maybe put the ball in a little boat on the up-down ramp
    - Actual fire effects on Fire, maybe an old timey firetruck going around
    - UFO-s flying around on both Mars tables
    - Some kind of acrobat on Circus Voltaire and really crazy effects on the neon ramp

    We are glad you like the Zen effects, we really aimed for tasteful, unobtrusive enhancements.
    Oh yeah, these Zen effect really add something, really enjoying them more than i thought i would! . Its nice ideas you get for these tables, ill throw mine from one of my favorite.

    - Bride of Pinbot: Rather than having a flat face turning, i would make the face 3D standing up, animated face that move a bit, can make a burping sound when grabbing the ball and releasing it, coming from behind her head.Each face form could act differently also. Second face you could see the head ,blindless form, but you see her speaking ,when you see the balls get into her from behind, and the balls change color, turning into eyes when release, than third from you could see her talk, following look at the ball. When final form happen, you see the better looking face, moving hairs, making facial animation, blowing 3d kisses in form of hearts in the air, and start like crying when you lose her form.

    Getting the billionaire shot could also make the face make a special animation, like popping eye cash signs. Hearts in the middle, you could see the heartbeat.

    There is so much that can be done with you Zen effects, cant wait to see what else you at Zen are reserving us!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •