Thread: Separate app to get Williams table un-censored?

Default Separate app to get Williams table un-censored?

Hi guys,

Know its a big concern for a lot a fans about these censorship ( i might be less purist, me im simply personnaly very happy to just have them on Switch! ), and your really taking this issue on possibility to make this better ( just watched your interview with BlahCade where you talk about this ). I was thinking, would it be less complicated to create an app dedicated to WMS uncensored tables?

You could have your normal app, Pinball FX3, which keep its rating, censored table, and a new app, rated M, called like, giving a random title like ´ FX Williams Pinball’ . Could that be a possibility? And by having both apps, could they be like cross-buy ( get the censored in FX3, unlocks in FX Williams if bought on same platform) and could leaderboards also be linked together?( my guess is yeah, i think the leaderboard we see are cross over all platform , might be wrong, but is it? )

I think that way, you keep your visibility of Williams in FX3, and make purist happy to get un-censored version in a separate app. Have you consider this?

Hey HighFive! Thanks for your questions! This topic is currently under consideration, when we have any update on this we will definitively inform you guys!
    Last edited by McLovin; 09-24-2018 at 02:37 PM.

the app doesn't need to be rated M. just teen.

there are zero m rated williams tables. even scared stiff only qualifies as teen nowadays. Sure, parents may not like bride of pinbot (because of the orgasm subtext) and scared stiff (because of the ton of innuendo and Elvira's implied promiscuity), but there's nothing explicit enough to merit an M.

Well, if its not necessary for having the game rated M, rather being T then , there is still an issue that needed to be adress. If the final solution could be another app, with higher rating, with only Williams Pinball in it, i think it could solve the problem for those really wanting un-censored version. Just hoping if it end up to this that both app will have cross-play,buy( threw same platform ), leaderboard, tournaments, etc. Pushing the current Pinball FX 3 from E to T seem to have issues, so i just throw that in that suggestion, if in last resort, it could become a possibility and imo a good compromise. Im not sure ifs having two apps could reverse the focus from one to the other ( see TPA with Stern app and giving this as example and perhaps it went well, i dont know.. ), and if everybody could be ok by that.

I just wouldnt mind personally if this can be a solution, i just already cant wait to play them censored anyway on Switch .

that's what i said. the standalone uncensored app would need a teen rating. some Williams games not in family mode do fall afoul of that.

ideally it would be a one way cross buy. if you buy uncensored you get censored for free, but not vice versa.
    Last edited by zaphod77; 09-24-2018 at 11:09 PM.

Yeah, could work like that.Didnt think about it but your right,buying it from the censored should not unlock the un-censored one, would be too easy to download, buypass. Anyway, im not that crazy about wanting them ´uncensored’. It could just be a bonus, hoping it could work like that, for them, for us. Hoping they find the best way to keep their good contact from Disney, if at the end there is no way it can be done, it wont stop me buying them anyway.

Edit.
    Last edited by HighFive; 09-25-2018 at 10:29 AM.

buy uncensored also get censored. but buy censored should NOT get uncensored.

Yeah, my bad, mixed up what i want to say, buying the censored one should not unlock the uncensored as you said.

Never in my life would I have thought that I’d be wanting the uncensored FT though.

Most people would be like “Wut?! Was this table like Elvira?” and then I’d have to explain that the fisherman was smoking a cigar and the mermaid was being a mermaid. And then I’m sure people would still be confused.

Makes me think all pinball tables will be censored if FT was censored.

MM and Scared Stiff I can understand. The ROM had a family-mode toggle... but FT is an unprecedented amount of censoring. A cigar and a mermaid.

If the mermaid side art of the cabinet backglass can’t show her belly, TOTAN will be censored, Theatre of Magic will be censored, Cirqus Voltaire will be censored, Elvira will definitely be censored, Xenon will be censored.

Pinball of the 70s, 80s, 90s almost all have at least one woman that shows a lot of skin somewhere on the cabinet or playfield.
    Last edited by foofoorabbit; 09-25-2018 at 11:16 AM.

WHAT?!?! a navel was censored?!?! wow... that's... not even an issue.... wtf?