Thread: Flippers-buttons sounds

Default Flippers-buttons sounds

By watching your new video showing how physics are compare to the real thing ( btw is freakin amazing! ), iv notice something that could see an improvement, an addition maybe?

Flippers sound. This high snapping flipper sound from the button hard press from a pinball machine is not there, and even others pinball games didnt recreated that sound. Dont know possible that would be to re-created this sound effects.

Little suggestion to make it feel even more real!

Hey HighFive! Thanks for the suggestion! Have a great day!

Quote Originally Posted by HighFive View Post
    By watching your new video showing how physics are compare to the real thing ( btw is freakin amazing! ), iv notice something that could see an improvement, an addition maybe?

Flippers sound. This high snapping flipper sound from the button hard press from a pinball machine is not there, and even others pinball games didnt recreated that sound. Dont know possible that would be to re-created this sound effects.

Little suggestion to make it feel even more real!
    The audio of the real thing is so intense, I love it. Having played so much digital pinball in recent years you start to forget all those satisfying mechanical and physical noises the actual machines make. That stuff is often muffled and muted or missing entirely in game replicas, the created music and sound effects are what stand out, and I suppose that makes sense.

One thing that really stood out to me in that comparison video is the seeming complete absense of sound these metal balls make when contacting each other in FX3 (as in the cradle separation segment). And in general, the balls only seem to generate sound when rolling around the playfield if they have enough speed in the game, does the collision audio only happen when they contact each other with enough speed and force as well? On the real table even slow moving balls will clack when they touch, and there's always some audio feedback from the friction of rolling metal on wood. I adore the sound that makes. Imagine it's quite difficult to replicate the audio a rolling steel ball makes at all speeds in a way that is believable, variable, and natural rather than coming off as repetitive and annoying, unless there's some sort of wide ranging physically based audio for that sort of thing.

Some (not all) physical sounds are there in FX3. They are muffled compared to other sounds with the default settings (unfortunately) but you can go into the sound settings and turn everything but physics sounds to low to see what is there and what is missing.

I don’t remember which physics sounds were there but I do remember the ball rolling sounds being there and sounding fairly realistic.

High Five, yes, the sound in the video of the real Fish Tales is exaggerated by the absence of the playfield glass. For me it was really surprising how much of a dampening factor the glass has on the mechanical sounds of the table. We had to write a group text to everyone in the office to apologize for the insanely load noises. Although it is satisfying that's true.

ImperiousStout I got this to the attention of Deep, he'll check if this can be tuned on.

Quote Originally Posted by foofoorabbit View Post
    Some (not all) physical sounds are there in FX3. They are muffled compared to other sounds with the default settings (unfortunately) but you can go into the sound settings and turn everything but physics sounds to low to see what is there and what is missing.

I don’t remember which physics sounds were there but I do remember the ball rolling sounds being there and sounding fairly realistic.
    Yeah, if i remember correctly, there is ball rolling sound, and iv heard sound of balls knocking each other. It add to the realism feel

Quote Originally Posted by McLovin View Post
    High Five, yes, the sound in the video of the real Fish Tales is exaggerated by the absence of the playfield glass. For me it was really surprising how much of a dampening factor the glass has on the mechanical sounds of the table. We had to write a group text to everyone in the office to apologize for the insanely load noises. Although it is satisfying that's true.

ImperiousStout I got this to the attention of Deep, he'll check if this can be tuned on.

Oh yeah this sound is amazingly satisfying to hear. Hopes it could be in future plans to add these sound effects, like remove glass to hear more sound. It could be very interesting!

Quote Originally Posted by foofoorabbit View Post

Hey seriously, thanks for that! The flipper and sounds overall really sound better! There is still this high snapping sound ( 0:34 second of the video, post-pass shot ), i think this sound also involve a bit of a hard press on the buttons sound + the flipper sound? This sound id love to hear it .

We worked on the physical sounds a bit since we last talked. The released version should have a bit more tuned sound.

Ohhh. Cant wait to hear this!

You guys really are the best. Listening and implementing your fans’ suggestions is absolutely the most fantastic thing.

Awesome!