X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gork
    Pinball Fan
    • May 2013

Option to deactivate censorship?

I have been reading that the newly released Williams tables are censored. Is this true? And is there an option in-game to deactivate the censorship?
  • Smithdavid
    • Oct 2018

Pinball is such a game that I have grown up with. This game used to be there in the desktop and I used to play all around the day. Now when I again heard about this game I would like to ask Apple Support that if I could downlaod the game in my iPhone and play it again.

Comment

• ALH2012
      • Oct 2012

That is the elephant in the room.As far as i know they are censored across all platforms except PC(for PC there is an option provided to turn family mode/censorship off).
      I play via PS4 and find this unacceptable and it really ruins, for example, Medievial Madness for me.I am glad that i do have all the TPA tables as an uncut alternative.The problem i see in the future is that Zen only sells their tables in packs not singles.I certainly want to boycott the censored tables but it will be a dilemma because of the other tables i'd be missing out on.But ultimately boycotting the censored tables is the only recourse to get the point across that i do not accept nor support censored tables.

Comment

• PainkillerJTL
        Pinball Wizard
        • Apr 2012

Pinball FX 3 as a platform is rated E which is why they have to do that, so I do understand, although I wish we could have all the original audio.

Does anyone know what lines have been removed? Or are they beeped? I haven't played enough to notice yet.

Comment

• ALH2012
          • Oct 2012

Originally posted by PainkillerJTL

Does anyone know what lines have been removed? Or are they beeped? I haven't played enough to notice yet.
          On Medievial Madness i'm not sure about the lines yet but for example on the Dragon Ramp the DMD is literally censored.The Dot Matrix Display of the Knight getting torched by the Dragon has a big CENSORED over it.That is a complete no go for me.

Comment

• TimeWalker
            • Oct 2018

Originally posted by PainkillerJTL
            Pinball FX 3 as a platform is rated E
            For us Europeans (except Germany) with PEGI this doesn't matter as it's rated for ages 12 and up which is comparable to T on ESRB

Comment

• M!chel
              • Sep 2018

Originally posted by ALH2012
              That is the elephant in the room.As far as i know they are censored across all platforms except PC(for PC there is an option provided to turn family mode/censorship off).
              Really? Where can we find that option?

Comment

• ALH2012
                • Oct 2012

Originally posted by M!chel
                Really? Where can we find that option?
                I don't have it on PC but as said i read that PC is the only platform where the family mode/censorship can be turned off.Maybe one of the PC players can clarify.

Comment

• teamski
                  • Oct 2018

Originally posted by ALH2012
                  I don't have it on PC but as said i read that PC is the only platform where the family mode/censorship can be turned off.Maybe one of the PC players can clarify.
                  Proof or you are lying! Seriously, anybody know if this is actually the case, because I haven't found anything that allows for uncensored features on the pc.

-Ski

Comment

• Klopek
                    • Sep 2018

Originally posted by teamski
                    Proof or you are lying! Seriously, anybody know if this is actually the case, because I haven't found anything that allows for uncensored features on the pc.

-Ski
                    Family mode is turned off by default in the PC version. There is an option to turn it on in the menus. On everything else it's permanently enabled.

This is a setting in the ROM itself, so affects the DMD animations and audio call outs rather than the art work.

Comment

• M!chel
                      • Sep 2018

Originally posted by Klopek
                      Family mode is turned off by default in the PC version. There is an option to turn it on in the menus.
                      I've been looking for these options, but could not find them.
                      Could you, or anyone, tell me where to find these options?

Comment

• Klopek
                        • Sep 2018

Originally posted by M!chel
                        I've been looking for these options, but could not find them.
                        Could you, or anyone, tell me where to find these options?
                        For whatever reason they put it within the UI/Streaming section of the options menu. Scroll all the way down to the bottom.

Comment

• teamski
                          • Oct 2018

Cool! That solves that! Thanks for the intel! I wish I could give you a thumbs up!

-Ski

Comment

• JaySTeeY
                            • Apr 2014

Originally posted by teamski
                            Cool! That solves that! Thanks for the intel! I wish I could give you a thumbs up!

-Ski
                            <thumbs up> works...
                            XBL GT - JaySTeeY
                            casual pinball player, looking for friendly competition

Comment

• Gork
                              Pinball Fan
                              • May 2013

Good to know about the PC version having the option; thanks.

Comment

Working...