Normal vs. classic (arcade) vs. classic (tournament)?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LeanderL
    Pinball Wizard
    • May 2013

Normal vs. classic (arcade) vs. classic (tournament)?

What are the differences? Does each mode have a different leaderboard? Is classic (arcade) the REAL machine and normal mode an easier FX version? Please explain!
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/leander_at/
  • teamski
    • Oct 2018

Originally posted by LeanderL
    What are the differences? Does each mode have a different leaderboard? Is classic (arcade) the REAL machine and normal mode an easier FX version? Please explain!
    Yes, each has its own leaderboard. The Classic mode has the real physics which makes the game harder to play. The shots aren't scripted (or if they are, they aren't obvious). I find this so much more worthwhile as I know I had to work harder to get the shots to land where I want them to. In the end, it becomes a ton more satisfying. The tournament mode is the toughest with the steeper table and extra balls deactivated.

-Ski

Comment

• HighFive
      • Sep 2018

Classic mode are realistic, but found out normal mode to be quite interesting. I was expecting the old Zen physics for normal mode, but to give you an idea, it feel more like TPA, as teamski said, more skipted like shot you can make.

So for those who enjoyed TPA version, i find normal mode to be very similar, and i think its a great addition.

But if you really want the table to feel as real as possible, classic is the way to go. Its just nice to have all these options available!

Comment

• LeanderL
        Pinball Wizard
        • May 2013

Thanks!
        http://steamcommunity.com/id/leander_at/

Comment

• Klopzi
          Pinball Fan
          • Jan 2011

Originally posted by HighFive
          Classic mode are realistic, but found out normal mode to be quite interesting. I was expecting the old Zen physics for normal mode, but to give you an idea, it feel more like TPA, as teamski said, more skipted like shot you can make.
          I've found the generic Single Player to feel different on the Williams tables than it does on the other tables. It feels very much like a Zen Physics 1.5: a little more realistic but still allows me to trap the ball and give the ball a good nudge as needed.
          Husband. Father. Gamer.

Comment

• dok5555555
            • Sep 2010

Originally posted by Klopzi
            I've found the generic Single Player to feel different on the Williams tables than it does on the other tables. It feels very much like a Zen Physics 1.5: a little more realistic but still allows me to trap the ball and give the ball a good nudge as needed.
            Yea I noticed that too. I thought itd be the same physics as other Zen tables but it does act differently. I wish there was an option for the normal zen physics, I'd be curious how that would play.

Comment

Working...