Thread: Williams tables all trophy guides

Default Williams tables all trophy guides

So I’ll try to add what i find out for each table.

Here is a video trophy guide for the fish tales nice catch trophy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KeR73oWUQOE

Here is the video trophy guide for the getaway high speed trophy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6BTp2JDamug

Here is the video trophy guide for the junk yard crazy bob trophy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4sPaKVm_5Q

Ok So medieval madness is the hardest trophy in the set.

Wizard mode means you have to do these things first:
    • Hit left ramp 9 times (save 3 peasants - 3 shots per each 1)
    • Hit right ramp 9 times (save 3 damsels - 3 shots per each 1)
    • Hit the orbits 9 times (win 3 jousts - 3 shots per each 1)
    • Hit the catipult 9 times (shoot 3 different objects at castle - 3 shots per each 1)
    • Destroy 5 castles (knock down drawbridge, then gate, then shoot ball inside to destroy)
      —> I recommend going for castles when you have multiballs. You have to shoot to the center and a bad bounce will be a center drain down the middle. With multiballs active you won’t lose your main ball and can survive these bad bounces
    • Kill 10 trolls <—— this is probably the hardest on the list
      Edit —> kept hitting joust orbits and it gave me joust madness which makes a multiball mode with trolls that take only one hit to kill instead of 3 hits to kill. I would recommend this as the orbits are the easiest thing to hit.

And then you can reach wizard mode with a single shot up to the entrance to the castle.

This is not a short one

Here is the video of me finishing the 5th castle and going into wizard mode on ball 2 and I had 2 extra balls so it was more like ball 3 or 4 and I just had a long going game so I don’t have video of the beginning of the game because I think I only have a 15 min timer or something on capturing video and my game was a long one.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=tGdGBqRzi94
    Last edited by DiscoKing; 10-11-2018 at 09:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoKing View Post
    So I’ll try to add what i find out for each table.

Here is a video trophy guide for the fish tales nice catch trophy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KeR73oWUQOE

Here is the video trophy guide for the getaway high speed trophy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6BTp2JDamug

Here is the video trophy guide for the junk yard crazy bob trophy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4sPaKVm_5Q

Ok So medieval madness is the hardest trophy in the set.

Wizard mode means you have to do these things first:
    • Hit left ramp 9 times (save 3 peasants - 3 shots per each 1)
    • Hit right ramp 9 times (save 3 damsels - 3 shots per each 1)
    • Hit the orbits 9 times (win 3 jousts - 3 shots per each 1)
    • Hit the catipult 9 times (shoot 3 different objects at castle - 3 shots per each 1)
    • Destroy 5 castles (knock down drawbridge, then gate, then shoot ball inside to destroy)
      —> I recommend going for castles when you have multiballs. You have to shoot to the center and a bad bounce will be a center drain down the middle. With multiballs active you won’t lose your main ball and can survive these bad bounces
    • Kill 10 trolls <—— this is probably the hardest on the list
      Edit —> kept hitting joust orbits and it gave me joust madness which makes a multiball mode with trolls that take only one hit to kill instead of 3 hits to kill. I would recommend this as the orbits are the easiest thing to hit.

And then you can reach wizard mode with a single shot up to the entrance to the castle.

This is not a short one

Here is the video of me finishing the 5th castle and going into wizard mode on ball 2 and I had 2 extra balls so it was more like ball 3 or 4 and I just had a long going game so I don’t have video of the beginning of the game because I think I only have a 15 min timer or something on capturing video and my game was a long one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGdGBqRzi94
    Well done! I made some comments after watching your first 3 trophy guides. Would be nice to know if you agree and what your thoughts are on these points?

I'm not getting anywhere yet on classic single player but would love to see somebody (you ) get the achievements. At this stage it feels impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloda View Post
    Well done! I made some comments after watching your first 3 trophy guides. Would be nice to know if you agree and what your thoughts are on these points?

I'm not getting anywhere yet on classic single player but would love to see somebody (you ) get the achievements. At this stage it feels impossible.
    I like the “zen physics” better as I’m used to it and I feel like I have more control.

I do like view 4 better - I think it gives me a more up close few of the flippers - which is how I aim my shots.

And I agree with you extra balls are easier to get on these real tables versus zen tables - and they are necessary

As I do feel like these games are shorter (quicker ball drains) because flippers appear to be farther apart.

looking at that gap from flippers to outlane, and from the few tries I’ve made, I think a death save or bang back looks damn near impossible on these tables.

And how do you get videos to embed in post without just a text link?
    Last edited by DiscoKing; 10-11-2018 at 10:07 AM.

I like the “zen physics” better as I’m used to it and I feel like I have more control.

I do like view 4 better - I think it gives me a more up close few of the flippers - which is how I aim my shots.

And I agree with you extra balls are easier to get on these real tables versus zen tables - and they are necessary

As I do feel like these games are shorter (quicker ball drains) because flippers appear to be farther apart.

looking at that gap from flippers to outlane, and from the few tries I’ve made, I think a death save or bang back looks damn near impossible on these tables.

Thanks.

I also prefer the Zen physics as it is familiar and easier but I would also love to be able to play well in Classic mode as I would enjoy the challenge of mastering new skills. I do feel though there is something wrong on the Mac Classic single player but hope somebody can confirm that for me.

My point with View 4, is that it is not working for me so nicely with the Williams tables because of their different dimensions. I'll give it a shot again, but it just doesn't feel right. 1W gives me that close-up view of the flippers now and the right angle for aiming. Aiming does very though between Zen and Classic physics which makes it harder to switch between modes as you have to build that muscle memory up again.

To get videos embedded you make use of the tools at the top right of the Reply window.
    - The globe with the infinity symbol is used to enter a web link. You highlight the text that you want to have the link for and then click on the symbol.
    - The mail is to enter an email address.
    - The next one is to remove a link you made.
    - The picture is to insert and embed a photo.
    - The film reel is to embed a video in your reply.

I took a screenshot of me writing this so you can see what it looks like after you made use of the tools.

Screenshot 2018-10-11 at 11.38.13.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Cloda; 10-11-2018 at 01:10 PM.

I agree with you 100%, particularly on the death save and bang backs. I get these regularly in FX3 but not on WILLIAMS. Multi ball mode in Fish Tales just drains the balls when starting out and some kick backs do as well.