Zen, please explain!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ALH2012
    • Oct 2012

No sign of redemption for Zen so far.The censorship continues in Williams Vol.3:

Williams & Bally Pinball tables in Pinball FX3 are being censored and is the third video in a series that will go through and identify each of the changes.As...

Comment

• MAT
      • Nov 2010

I would have bought Williams Vol.3 today on PS4, if it didn't have the censorship.. Did I understand this correctly, you can't get rid of the censorship completely even on Steam? The censorship option only affects the DMD and soundtrack, not graphics?

Comment

• ALH2012
        • Oct 2012

Williams Vol.4.On with the censorship:

Williams & Bally Pinball tables in Pinball FX3 are being censored and is the fourth video in a series that will go through and identify each of the changes.T...

Comment

• The Omega M4n
          Pinhead
          • Apr 2013

^^^Well, not much we can do about it at this point, all i have done personally is instead of buying the tables at launch on both steam and XBX, i just now wait for a sale, tables are still playable but if they are being tampered with from the original then they are are not worth the asking price at launch, so swings and roundabouts.
          xBL GT: The Omega M4N
          Steam OMEGA MAN
          PS4 Firefox2000

Comment

• deep
            Table Designer
            • May 2011

Originally posted by MAT
            I would have bought Williams Vol.3 today on PS4, if it didn't have the censorship.. Did I understand this correctly, you can't get rid of the censorship completely even on Steam? The censorship option only affects the DMD and soundtrack, not graphics?
            You can turn off the censored content on Steam in the options. It's called Williams Pinball Family mode in the UI/Streaming menu.

Comment

• GruffMckenzie
              • Sep 2017

Violence in Hong Kong, racist chanting egged on by the President of the USA. Boris Johnson the lying clown causing monumental strife in Europe becoming PM. Wars in Syria. Ebola Outbreaks across the world.

Quick! cover that Bikini up...

Someone's got something the wrong way round somewhere.

Comment

• tfhfony
                Pinball Wizard
                • Mar 2013

Originally posted by GruffMckenzie
                Violence in Hong Kong, racist chanting egged on by the President of the USA. Boris Johnson the lying clown causing monumental strife in Europe becoming PM. Wars in Syria. Ebola Outbreaks across the world.

Indeed.
                If there was like a G-cup in a small bikini it might have been something else, but it was a very decent bikini. ZEN has taken censorship to the next level. I guess we'd beter don't take our kids to the beach or swimming pool anymore. They might see a woman in bikini...
                https://www.arnauddeklerk.com <- Find out more about me!
                https://www.file-hunter.com <- Play Amiga & MSX Pinball games online

Comment

• gundamme1ster
                  • Jun 2014

Meanwhile this is banned in France. Apparently the kids aren't allowed to see a fully covered up woman, either.

Comment

• tfhfony
                    Pinball Wizard
                    • Mar 2013

Last Wednesday I went to the Dutch Pinball Museum in Rotterdam and stumbled on this:

gross.jpg

And to my surprise, a +/- 10 year old was playing Scared Stiff. I guess the boy is doomed for life now...

Comment

• ALH2012
                      • Oct 2012

Originally posted by tfhfony
                      Last Wednesday I went to the Dutch Pinball Museum in Rotterdam and stumbled on this:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1411[/ATTACH]

And to my surprise, a +/- 10 year old was playing Scared Stiff. I guess the boy is doomed for life now...
                      Haha.Nice.

Yeah that kid is doomed and i guess anyone who ever played an uncensored pinball table.Scratch that.Anyone who ever stepped outside the housedoor into the world must be doomed.Life can be quite uncensored.

Zen definitely have their priorities crossed.I think Solo was the last original table they produced.Must have been about 1 year ago.Have Zen really been stretching themselves too thin?Or even worse, are they in trouble and this whole Williams thing is born out of desperation because business is not going well anymore?

Comment

• tfhfony
                        Pinball Wizard
                        • Mar 2013

Originally posted by ALH2012
                        Haha.Nice.

Yeah that kid is doomed and i guess anyone who ever played an uncensored pinball table.Scratch that.Anyone who ever stepped outside the housedoor into the world must be doomed.Life can be quite uncensored.

Zen definitely have their priorities crossed.I think Solo was the last original table they produced.Must have been about 1 year ago.Have Zen really been stretching themselves too thin?Or even worse, are they in trouble and this whole Williams thing is born out of desperation because business is not going well anymore?
                        No, I don't think they are in trouble. My guess (and hope) is that the Williams tables are doing fine for them. And they should, as the playability is great and they are visually stunning. Last week I booted The Pinball Arcade, but I can't play it anymore. i am spoiled to much by the quality of the ZEN versions of these tables.
                        But, yes... they do have their priorities mixed up. We're used, as Europeans, to look at the American censorship and shake our head about this. So it's quite weird now to see that a European company has decided to take the censorship to another level. And they are not even trying to find a solution for the console owners and that worries me.
                        According to what they have done with White Water, you can't take a 10 year old out swimming or to the ocean, as they might run into a woman inb bikini. God forbid...
                        And did you also notice that the ZEN mod's have gone all quite regarding this subject. Right now, on consoles ZEN = CENSORSHIP ... Which is quite weird. Especially considering their audience...

Comment

• DMR140
                          • May 2019

I guess it’s not that simple. Consider all the different countries, media laws, going cross platform and mostly kids playing the consoles. Also, I think Zen can be proud for all the titles they already made.

Let’s not forget there’s a team of humans working really hard on this... I’m (as a pinball fanatic) very grateful for the quality level that pinball games have reached. It’s really promising for the future and ZEN is providing and pushing on and on.
                          Last edited by DMR140; 08-09-2019, 11:23 PM.

Comment

• GruffMckenzie
                            • Sep 2017

Zaccaria

Anyone played this on the xbox?
                            E3 rating.

has bikinis and a scantily clad women swinging through the jungle.
                            Last edited by GruffMckenzie; 08-10-2019, 02:06 AM.

Comment

• shogun00
                              Pinball Wizard
                              • Feb 2011

Anyone played this on the xbox?
                              E3 rating.

has bikinis and a scantily clad women swinging through the jungle.
                              Actually, it's rated E-10, while PFX3 is only rated E. And that's where the problem lies. E-10 allows the above, while the E rating doesn't.

Zaccaria was founded by three brothers (Marino, Franco, & Natale) and was the 3rd largest manufacturer of pinball machines in the world (behind Bally & Williams). They had created and produced more than 35 different pinball machines between 1974 and 1987. FEATURES - Space Shuttle table is playable totally free. - All other pinball tables are in trial mode that means there is a score limit. - High detailed Zaccaria pinball tables. - Original table rules, sound effects and vocals. - Breathtaking light and shadow effects. - Very accurate and customizable physics and ball movements. - Arcade and Simulation game modes. - Custom game mode allows you to tweak pinball machine the way you like! - Camera Editor to make camera views you prefer to. - Various fixed and customizable camera views. CUSTOMIZATION FEATURES Zaccaria Pinball has tones of awesome customization features which affect to graphics and physics aspects of the game. As well as there is a camera editor. Graphics Tweaks: Room Light, Metal FX, Particle FX, Dynamic Light, Reflection FX, Glow FX, Motion Blur, Lightmap, Colors Physics Tweaks: Flipper Size, Playfield Tilt, Flipper Force, Ball Elasticity, Ball Friction, Slingshot Force, Bumper Force, Ball Velocity, Plunger Force, FLipper Tap Pass SOLID-STATE (SS) PINBALL TABLES Time Machine, Devil Riders, Locomotion, Pinball Champ '82, Pinball Champ, Farfalla, Blackbelt, Robot, Hot Wheels, Soccer Kings, Shooting the Rapids, Star God, Magic Castle, Earth Wind Fire, Clown, Future World, Fire Mountain, Space Shuttle, Winter Sports, Zankor, Pool Champion, Mexico '86, House of Diamonds, Mystic Star, Spooky, Star's Phoenix, Strike ELECTRO-MECHANICAL (EM) PINBALL TABLES Aerobatics, Circus, Combat, Moon Flight, Lucky Fruit, Universe, Supersonic, Cine Star, Wood's Queen, Nautilus, Red Show, Tropical, Granada, Top Hand REMAKE PINBALL TABLES Shooting the Rapids 2016, Space Shuttle 2016, Combat 2016, Cicrus 2017, Earth Wind Fire 2017, House of Diamonds 2017, Spooky 2017, Farfalla 2017, Magic Castle 2017, Hot Wheels 2017, Zankor 2017, Locomotion 2018, Robot 2018, Pinball Champ 2018, Blackbelt 2018, Winter Sports 2018, Future World 2018, Nautilus 2018, Star's Phoenix 2018, Pool Champion 2018 RETRO PINBALL TABLES Locomotion Retro, Devil Riders Retro, Pinball Champ Retro, Shooting the Rapids Retro, Farfalla Retro, Hot Wheels Retro, Space Shuttle Retro, Circus Retro, Combat Retro, House of Diamonds Retro, Earth Wind Fire Retro, Robot Retro, Blackbelt Retro, Soccer Kings Retro, Star God Retro AWARD PINBALL TABLES The Mummy, Aliens, Hippie, Fire Fighter, Speed King, Beast Master, Voyager, Wizard, Zombie, Caveman OTHER PINBALL TABLES Treasure - Completion of Campaign Mode

Comment

• ALH2012
                                • Oct 2012

Originally posted by tfhfony
                                No, I don't think they are in trouble. My guess (and hope) is that the Williams tables are doing fine for them. And they should, as the playability is great and they are visually stunning. Last week I booted The Pinball Arcade, but I can't play it anymore. i am spoiled to much by the quality of the ZEN versions of these tables.
                                But, yes... they do have their priorities mixed up. We're used, as Europeans, to look at the American censorship and shake our head about this. So it's quite weird now to see that a European company has decided to take the censorship to another level. And they are not even trying to find a solution for the console owners and that worries me.
                                According to what they have done with White Water, you can't take a 10 year old out swimming or to the ocean, as they might run into a woman inb bikini. God forbid...
                                And did you also notice that the ZEN mod's have gone all quite regarding this subject. Right now, on consoles ZEN = CENSORSHIP ... Which is quite weird. Especially considering their audience...
                                Yeah beyond the massive caveat that the tables are censored the Zen Williams tables are great, no doubt.Although i do hope they don't come with the sacrifice of the Zen Original tables.That would not be a fair trade.I want both to be able to co-exist and be co-produced.As said the last original table was Solo and that release is about 1 year ago.

Yeah i have noticed Zen going all quiet(as in hiding) regarding the censorship.It is not acceptable and the censorship sabotages the whole concept of recreating a faithful experience of the original pinball table.

Comment

Working...