Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • classic_pinball
    • Oct 2018

The Williams tables as a separate game?

Is it possible for Zen Studios to put all the Williams tables in a separate game, NOT as a part of Pinball FX3?

The reason I'm asking is that I don't want people associating the great REAL pinball tables from Williams with the "cartoon tables with fantasy physics". Frankly, it's embarrassing. I don't want my Williams tables to be tainted by sharing a platform with trash.

I don't want the menu talking to me. I don't want animated characters walking around on the table. I don't want anything but real physics. I don't want numbers popping up on screen. I don't want a "online gaming profile" that collects points - No, each table should have its own high-score, just like in a real brick and mortar arcade. I don't want to earn XP to upgrade/boost the table with extra points like it's some RPG. No ball-trails. No leaderboards. No challenges.
    No magic, no nothing!

I know you can disable most of this fluff in the options menu, but the mere thought of having this nonsene added to a classic table in the first place is sacrilege!

I just want to be left alone and have a 100% authentic pinball experience without any hooplah, that's it. The only extra excitement should be having the honor of adding your initials to the on-table high score list.

So please put the Williams tables in a stand-alone game for adults to play, and leave FX3 for the kids. Have them believe they're actually "playing pinball" when it's all a bunch of bull. From what I've read in the forums, they've never even seen a real pinball table anyway.
  • JPRacer77-Qc
    • Aug 2015

You have an attitude problem man!

Comment

• Cloda
      Pinball Wizard
      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by classic_pinball
      Is it possible for Zen Studios to put all the Williams tables in a separate game, NOT as a part of Pinball FX3?

The reason I'm asking is that I don't want people associating the great REAL pinball tables from Williams with the "cartoon tables with fantasy physics". Frankly, it's embarrassing. I don't want my Williams tables to be tainted by sharing a platform with trash.

I don't want the menu talking to me. I don't want animated characters walking around on the table. I don't want anything but real physics. I don't want numbers popping up on screen. I don't want a "online gaming profile" that collects points - No, each table should have its own high-score, just like in a real brick and mortar arcade. I don't want to earn XP to upgrade/boost the table with extra points like it's some RPG. No ball-trails. No leaderboards. No challenges.
      No magic, no nothing!

I know you can disable most of this fluff in the options menu, but the mere thought of having this nonsene added to a classic table in the first place is sacrilege!

I just want to be left alone and have a 100% authentic pinball experience without any hooplah, that's it. The only extra excitement should be having the honor of adding your initials to the on-table high score list.

So please put the Williams tables in a stand-alone game for adults to play, and leave FX3 for the kids. Have them believe they're actually "playing pinball" when it's all a bunch of bull. From what I've read in the forums, they've never even seen a real pinball table anyway.
      Different strokes for different folks. Nothing to get so worked up about though. I live in South Africa where real tables are few and far in-between (not even talking about being in good playing condition). Pinball FX2 introduced me to pinball and now I just about only play that. I am enjoying the challenge to move over to more realistic physics on real tables and it is certainly tough. I can see that all the gimmicky stuff can be of value to younger players, but if the game really grabs you, you'll soon get too good at it and the games last too long to make use of all of that. Anyway, there are separate leaderboards so you never have to look at those gimmicky leaderboards (I certainly never don't).
      XBox One Gamertag - PinStratsDan

Pinball FX3 Tips & Strategy Guide YouTube Channel - PinStratsDan

Discord server - PinStratsDan

Twitter - PinStratsDan

Facebook - PinStratsDan

Cloda's somewhat vain and sort of self-indulgent thread

Comment

• tfhfony
        Pinball Wizard
        • Mar 2013

Don't feed the trolls...
        https://www.arnauddeklerk.com <- Find out more about me!
        https://www.file-hunter.com <- Play Amiga & MSX Pinball games online

Comment

• betheball
          • May 2019

if that removes censorship, YES!

Comment

Working...