Check out the Budapest Pinball Museum, featuring over 150 pinball machines!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • McLovin
    Marketing Manager
    • Apr 2017

Check out the Budapest Pinball Museum, featuring over 150 pinball machines!

• HighFive
    • Sep 2018

Time to bring all these pinballs in the next update! :P

Seriously, thats impressive, there is like no place like that around me... If i travel one day, i need to see that!

Comment

• PainkillerJTL
      Pinball Wizard
      • Apr 2012

Makes me want to visit Budapest! I live in Ottawa, Canada and we have The House of Targ, which has about 20 pinball machines:

House of TARG is a perogi restaurant in Ottawa Canada.

I went to the Pinball Hall of Fame in Las Vagas once but it would be great to check out the Budapest location. What other attractions are in Budapest?
      Last edited by PainkillerJTL; 10-26-2018, 09:17 PM.

Comment

• HighFive
        • Sep 2018

Originally posted by PainkillerJTL
        Makes me want to visit Budapest! I live in Ottawa, Canada and we have The House of Targ, which has about 20 pinball machines:

I went to the Pinball Hall of Fame in Las Vagas once but it would be great to check out the Budapest location. What other attractions are in Budapest?
        Wow. One day if i go to Ottawa i need to see that. The only decent place in Montreal we got is North Star Pinball.

Rent a private free play arcade in the Mile-Ex Neighbourhood in Little Italy. Perfect for everything from Children's Birthdays to Bachelor Parties. We look forward to hosting you.

Comment

• DepecheM101
          • Mar 2017

I live very close to The Arcade Club in Bury, Manchester UK http://www.arcadeclub.co.uk. It is Europes largest collection of free to play arcade games and pinball tables. I have yet to visit but my daughter went there last week and said I would love it.
          Last edited by DepecheM101; 10-27-2018, 10:56 AM.

Comment

• tfhfony
            Pinball Wizard
            • Mar 2013

https://www.arnauddeklerk.com <- Find out more about me!
            https://www.file-hunter.com <- Play Amiga & MSX Pinball games online

Comment

• McLovin
              Marketing Manager
              • Apr 2017

Originally posted by PainkillerJTL

The city has a lot of beautiful architecture to look at, an abundance of thermal baths, the center is very lively with hundreds of bars and restaurants. Also, the Zen Office lol

Comment

• McLovin
                Marketing Manager
                • Apr 2017

Originally posted by DepecheM101
                I live very close to The Arcade Club in Bury, Manchester UK http://www.arcadeclub.co.uk. It is Europes largest collection of free to play arcade games and pinball tables. I have yet to visit but my daughter went there last week and said I would love it.
                Wow looks amazing!

Comment

• McLovin
                  Marketing Manager
                  • Apr 2017

Originally posted by tfhfony
                  Oh yeah, definitely want to go here.

Comment

• JaySTeeY
                    • Apr 2014

Originally posted by McLovin
                    The city has a lot of beautiful architecture to look at, an abundance of thermal baths, the center is very lively with hundreds of bars and restaurants. Also, the Zen Office lol
                    Very cool! Coincidentally, after watching your museum video, I started getting Budapest travels vids in my YT feed. This food vid was one of them:

I watch a lot of the Rick Steves European travel series, will have to give this one a viewing again. What do you think of his recommendations?

XBL GT - JaySTeeY
                    casual pinball player, looking for friendly competition

Comment

• McLovin
                      Marketing Manager
                      • Apr 2017

Originally posted by JaySTeeY
                      Very cool! Coincidentally, after watching your museum video, I started getting Budapest travels vids in my YT feed. This food vid was one of them:

I watch a lot of the Rick Steves European travel series, will have to give this one a viewing again. What do you think of his recommendations?

https://youtu.be/rs_w9cwJ1Fg
                      He does all the 'musts', the market is really cool indeed, and all the landmarks he mentions are pretty sweet. Although towards the end, the statue park is really incredible. Basically all the soviet statues (and there was a lot) were hauled in to this one lot so they wouldn't be displayed after their influence was no more in the country.
                      Last edited by McLovin; 11-08-2018, 07:51 AM.

Comment

• grenadier
                        Pinhead
                        • Jun 2012

If you're ever in Rochester, NY, check out The Strong National Museum of Play.

2 of the exhibit halls that seem to be permanent at this point, are the video game area, and the pinball area. 4 dozen classic arcade machines, and several dozen Stern pinball machines are currently out. I know at one time, the Pinball area also included Pinball FX2 running in a cabinet.

Other areas of interest for gamers include the World Video Game Hall of Fame.

This is family friendly place, so expect a lot of kids. But it's nice to be able to go in and play arcade Joust or the sit down Star Wars once in a while. :-)

Comment

• shogun00
                          Pinball Wizard
                          • Feb 2011

Originally posted by grenadier
                          If you're ever in Rochester, NY, check out The Strong National Museum of Play.

2 of the exhibit halls that seem to be permanent at this point, are the video game area, and the pinball area. 4 dozen classic arcade machines, and several dozen Stern pinball machines are currently out. I know at one time, the Pinball area also included Pinball FX2 running in a cabinet.
                          Yes, they are permanent exhibits.

Fun Fact: The Strong National Museum of Play is the only museum in the world that is achieving video game concept blueprints. Most of them have been lost over time, but they have received a few directly from Sega and Nintendo.

Comment

• McLovin
                            Marketing Manager
                            • Apr 2017

Originally posted by shogun00
                            Yes, they are permanent exhibits.

Fun Fact: The Strong National Museum of Play is the only museum in the world that is achieving video game concept blueprints. Most of them have been lost over time, but they have received a few directly from Sega and Nintendo.
                            Wow, that sounds incredible.

Comment

• tfhfony
                              Pinball Wizard
                              • Mar 2013

Had fun playing this special one in R'dam:

flipper.jpg
                              https://www.arnauddeklerk.com <- Find out more about me!
                              https://www.file-hunter.com <- Play Amiga & MSX Pinball games online

Comment

Working...