Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DepecheM101
    • Mar 2017

Maximum Xp level increase?

Just asking on behalf of someone else if Zen have any plans to increase to maximum XP level, especially as there is going to be plenty more tables released in the coming months or even a seperate XP level for the Williams tables?
  • TuttiDeLeon
    Pinhead
    • May 2018

Originally posted by DepecheM101
    Just asking on behalf of someone else if Zen have any plans to increase to maximum XP level, especially as there is going to be plenty more tables released in the coming months or even a seperate XP level for the Williams tables?
    I don't know why they don't just remove the level cap completely. There don't need to be any further rewards to go along with higher levels, people like seeing a number going up. For many, that is fulfilment enough.

Comment

• DepecheM101
      • Mar 2017

Originally posted by TuttiDeLeon
      I don't know why they don't just remove the level cap completely. There don't need to be any further rewards to go along with higher levels, people like seeing a number going up. For many, that is fulfilment enough.
      I agree.

Comment

• Tech101
        • Jan 2012

Gee, we've had a certain someone campaigning for that one for a long while.

I personally would just like to see it go all the way to 1000. No need to cap it any lower since a ton of these tables can be played for hours at a time. Just make it take that much longer to get to the next level and give people more incentive to play more.
        Proud member of the Hyna Gang! Keeping pinball alive on the Wii U!

Comment

• OO1OO1OO
          • Jul 2018

To be honest - I don't see any value in the XP level. It doesn't give me advantages to have an XP-Level of 50 or 60 or 36.
          I won't play better because of the XP level, but with the number of hours I played Pinball FX. So this is my real XP level....

Comment

• cantankerous--
            Pinball Wizard
            • Nov 2016

Originally posted by Tech101
            Gee, we've had a certain someone campaigning for that one for a long while.

I personally would just like to see it go all the way to 1000. No need to cap it any lower since a ton of these tables can be played for hours at a time. Just make it take that much longer to get to the next level and give people more incentive to play more.
            I will assume for my own vanity that you mean me :P Campaigning for anything on this forum whether it be removing clearly bogus scores from the leaderboards or posting videos of glitches on williams tables, then waiting for two months only to see they are releasing more tables next week and still have not fixed the bugs in the first batch seems fruitless effort. I once felt as though our input was something Zen took seriously, especially when they relented and raised the level cap to 50, but that was nothing more than a token on their part and only a smidgen of what we asked for.

Originally posted by 00100100
            To be honest - I don't see any value in the XP level. It doesn't give me advantages to have an XP-Level of 50 or 60 or 36.
            I won't play better because of the XP level, but with the number of hours I played Pinball FX. So this is my real XP level....
            Absolutely correct. It really serves no purpose at all other than to distinguish casual players from hardcore players. I mean, sure a guy with level one can just as easily have the WR on any given table vs a guy with level 50 seeing how the level cap can be reached within a week for the average player or 1 1/2 hours for me and others and maybe in 10 minutes if you play the now glitched Alien vs Predator which now allows you to just mindlessly glitch scores in the trillions, which, btw sorta makes the entire raising the level cap moot. I mean, if they raise it to 1000 we could all just glitch the AVP table and max the level cap pretty fast.

My original reason for responding to this thread was to just address my obvious absence from this forum. Just seems to be wasted time is all. Very little ever changes.
            Accomplishments in real life

1. Rolled a star wars machine................ie played over 99 levels and rolled it back to level 1.
            2. Rolled Nintendo punch out, several times, same quarter.
            3. Played an entire game of dragons lair and completed it and won while blindfolded.
            sigpic

Comment

Working...