Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Strategicleez
    • Nov 2018

Hello from Nevada!

Hey everybody, I'm $trathers on Switch. Couldn't use my full nickname (that I gave myself) since only 12 characters length are allowed. I used to play a lot of windows pinball as a young adult. Real machines I didn't like due to losing the game and costing 50 cents to 1.50 dollars a pop. I also played Pinball Quest on my Nintendo as a kid. Basically I was looking for something new to play on the switch, remembered how much fun those old pinball games were and gave Zen a shot. Now I'm addicted and looking for tips and hints for a new player to pinball such as myself. Thankyou all and have a good day!
  • Cloda
    Pinball Wizard
    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Strategicleez
    Hey everybody, I'm $trathers on Switch. Couldn't use my full nickname (that I gave myself) since only 12 characters length are allowed. I used to play a lot of windows pinball as a young adult. Real machines I didn't like due to losing the game and costing 50 cents to 1.50 dollars a pop. I also played Pinball Quest on my Nintendo as a kid. Basically I was looking for something new to play on the switch, remembered how much fun those old pinball games were and gave Zen a shot. Now I'm addicted and looking for tips and hints for a new player to pinball such as myself. Thankyou all and have a good day!
    Welcome! I'm on Xbox360 and now on Mac with the new tables but have pretty much been playing only this game for the last couple of years (especially 2010 - 2011) since I discovered pinball (i'm an addict and I know it ). Here is a starting point for hints and tips for new players and then here is a strategy guide for Sorcerer's Lair, which will give you a bit of an idea of how I approach playing a table. The strategy guide for Fantastic Four is probably better, but you don't have that on Switch if I understand correctly. You are welcome to follow my signature link for more new player tips etc. Some things may not be relevant on the Switch, but you'll still get the basic idea I hope.

Anyway, hope this helps you on your way to becoming a master.
    Last edited by Cloda; 12-01-2018, 05:02 AM.
    XBox One Gamertag - PinStratsDan

Pinball FX3 Tips & Strategy Guide YouTube Channel - PinStratsDan

Discord server - PinStratsDan

Twitter - PinStratsDan

Facebook - PinStratsDan

Cloda's somewhat vain and sort of self-indulgent thread

Comment

• Strategicleez
      • Nov 2018

Thankyou for the tips. The biggest tip I've been using is to hit the ball with one flipper at a time so as not to shoot it under the other flipper. I think that saves me about 10 balls a game. I actually made it to wizard mode on Medieval Madness last night (first wizard mode for me), sadly though I did not beat it. Welp I'm off to play some more, and thankyou for the warm welcome!

Comment

• Cloda
        Pinball Wizard
        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Strategicleez
        Thankyou for the tips. The biggest tip I've been using is to hit the ball with one flipper at a time so as not to shoot it under the other flipper. I think that saves me about 10 balls a game. I actually made it to wizard mode on Medieval Madness last night (first wizard mode for me), sadly though I did not beat it. Welp I'm off to play some more, and thankyou for the warm welcome!
        Great! Always think strategically rather than just flailing the ball around and you'll see steady improvement.
        XBox One Gamertag - PinStratsDan

Pinball FX3 Tips & Strategy Guide YouTube Channel - PinStratsDan

Discord server - PinStratsDan

Twitter - PinStratsDan

Facebook - PinStratsDan

Cloda's somewhat vain and sort of self-indulgent thread

Comment

• Cherylnig
          Banned
          • Aug 2019

Hello from Nevada

Thank you all very much for the warm welcome seems like it will be difficult to remain shy with such friendly people around*

oh and Darkdragon thank you for the heads up
          and Stuffie thank you verrrry much for the signature Its perfect HUGSSS

Comment

Working...