Thread: Biolab Tournament (Jan 13th-28th)

Thumbs up Biolab Tournament (Jan 13th-28th)

The latest tournament is up.

Good luck to everyone!

(Any info on prizes, Solitude?)
    Last edited by blue; 01-14-2011 at 12:00 AM.
    They took our pinball machines!
    Let's revolt, who's with me?
    Grab a pitchfork and come with Zen!

Game still tells me no tournament is currently running. I do have the tournament icon on the biolab table, but a quick play did not register a score.

Try again maybe?

As of this reply, sixty players have registered scores.

Guess I just had to restart FX2. I see the tourny now.

Good luck guys... hopefully I can put up a half way decent score for this tourney.

Ha! #3, mark it! It'll be my absolute peak in this tourney.

Good luck, everybody.

Looks like I was wrong. I get #1 [for an hour or two]!

I just realized too why they made Biolab the tourney table: It's not one of PurpleVomit's best (which I noticed when I was suddenly told during the game that I was threatening his score; at which point I of course panicked and drained)...though I'm sure that'll change.

Sweet. Good luck all.

Someone, please help Biotards amongst us and post a YouTube video, showing how to score on this table.

Think of the biotards!

Quote Originally Posted by Womble View Post
    Someone, please help Biotards amongst us and post a YouTube video, showing how to score on this table.

Think of the biotards!
    I won't make a video because I'm superlame, but the main thing that helped me was just focusing hard on precision, multiplier, and multiball, in that order.

Precision keeps you from banging the spots that bounce back often for a drain and to make the right big orbit, which is my bugaboo. I'm no PV, but I've gotten a lot better just in the past few hours despite Biolab being one of my weaker tables of the new ones.

The multiplier is actually fairly easy to raise by hitting the middle light blue/cyan targets (though they carry the aforementioned drain danger) and then hitting the lit orbits/ramps.

Multiball is pretty self explanatory; the thing you have to practice is holding the ball on the top flipper after feading from the bottom left flipper. My best ball tonight I activated the multiball 5 times.

All that said, I have yet to make a perfect specimen, which presumably offers up some nice points. I got to stage 3 on the last ball I played tonight but couldn't hold it together.
    Last edited by Babbylonian; 01-14-2011 at 05:27 AM. Reason: wrong color multiplier targets

Is Zen not doing the tournament bonus that adds to your superscore this time? I honestly can't tell. my superscore seems to be the same, but I haven't played in a while..I may be forgetting my old score.

Quote Originally Posted by PinkLunarCamel View Post
    Is Zen not doing the tournament bonus that adds to your superscore this time? I honestly can't tell. my superscore seems to be the same, but I haven't played in a while..I may be forgetting my old score.
    Its my understanding the tourney bonus is your absolute best tournament score regardless of table. So if you made 50mil in the SotD tourney, and made 55million in BioLab, the biolab score would become the bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by lexandro View Post
    Its my understanding the tourney bonus is your absolute best tournament score regardless of table. So if you made 50mil in the SotD tourney, and made 55million in BioLab, the biolab score would become the bonus.
    thanks I feel retarded now....so if we ever do something like Spiderman, we will never beat our bonus? ..that's fair tho thanks : good luck everyone!

Turn left at the Big Chicken and go 15 miles. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Thebigchicken.jpg

A cookie! You've earned it!

I got to level 4 on the wizard mode today. Grr hitting the left ramp during this seems near impossible after like 30 trys I finnaly drained, but considering you can't trap off the right lower flipper i just dont see how this is possible other then a massive stroke of luck.

Biolab has the easiest wizard mode to activate and complete (and the lowest score reward). Time your shots just as the Flux Wheel is spinning down to avoid being pulled into the left outlane.

Cool prizes, Zen!

(Are winners from the first tournament still eligible?)

Competition is going to be fierce this time around.
    Last edited by blue; 01-15-2011 at 12:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by blue View Post
    Cool prizes, Zen!

(Are winners from the first tournament still eligible?)

Competition is going to be fierce this time around.

Well damn that sucks for me trying to win, I have those XBLA games listed as prizes already. Im one of the first to buy Trials HD DLC as soon as its released. Ive already bought Marvel for FX2, and I think I have most (if not all) of the capcom games on XBLA. I played the Comic Jumper trial game and just didnt like it enough to want it. The MS points are nice though, but there aint much left on Live I want to buy. Ive got a feeling that a few other peeps here are in the same boat as me.

Maybe Zen could do a few runner-up prizes of T-shirts with the Pinball FX2 logo on, or Zen on it. Or possibly the above but as an Avatar reward?

Default is there an faq?

i got the pinball game the other day, and i like it. for the tournament, what is a highscore like? are we talking hundreds of millions of points? billions? for comparison purposes the highest i have ever gotten on any table is about 40million on pasha. i havent even cracked about 10 million on the other 3.

is there an faq for this?

Well damn that sucks for me trying to win, I have those XBLA games listed as prizes already. Im one of the first to buy Trials HD DLC as soon as its released. Ive already bought Marvel for FX2, and I think I have most (if not all) of the capcom games on XBLA. I played the Comic Jumper trial game and just didnt like it enough to want it. The MS points are nice though, but there aint much left on Live I want to buy. Ive got a feeling that a few other peeps here are in the same boat as me.

Maybe Zen could do a few runner-up prizes of T-shirts with the Pinball FX2 logo on, or Zen on it. Or possibly the above but as an Avatar reward?
    Poor you... I really hope that life can offer you a few more pleasures that you have not already had the chance to experience. I also have no idea what I would be able to get with all those prizes especially since new material appears the whole time for purchase on live like new tables for fx 2 and marvel

Quote Originally Posted by smilingsaint View Post
    what is a highscore like?
    Last I saw, the high score on Biolab was 1.4 billion.. (Eek).

I'm sure it'll go higher than that though.

I haven't cracked 40 mil yet. I just can't get in to this table.

Quote Originally Posted by Logic_FTW View Post
    I got to level 4 on the wizard mode today. Grr hitting the left ramp during this seems near impossible after like 30 trys I finnaly drained, but considering you can't trap off the right lower flipper i just dont see how this is possible other then a massive stroke of luck.
    You can trap off of the right flipper, you just can't dilly dally. Make sure you can hit this orbit reliably without the flux wheel bothering you.

Also, the clones ramp with the upper right flipper will set you up for a running shot. You can also let the ball bounce off the lower left flipper in a lot of common situations, which will quickly set your right flipper for an orbit attempt.

Personally, I find the stupid mutation hole to be the most annoying shot in that mode (level 1)

Quote Originally Posted by Womble View Post
    Last I saw, the high score on Biolab was 1.4 billion.. (Eek).

I'm sure it'll go higher than that though.

I haven't cracked 40 mil yet. I just can't get in to this table.
    If I remember correctly, the high score is more like 16 billion. Blue is on this thread though, so I'm sure he can verify. Last time I checked 2nd place was close to 1 bill though, although I haven't checked since the tournament started.

I think it is highly likely that the high score will at least be over 5 billion, and my guess would be more than that. But who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by ZodiacMunch View Post
    I find the stupid mutation hole to be the most annoying shot in that mode
    This is the most difficult shot on Biolab. It's my favorite table, but I seldom hit the mutation pit hole within the Escape or Video Mode time limits. Despite perfect aim, the ball will often bounce out of the pocket. Earning the escape early achievement (Diamond Plated Needle File) is harder than completing the wizard mode (Cookie Jar) since the hose returns the ball with less than seven seconds remaining.

Use the tip of the left flipper or a right flipper trap, and cross your fingers.

This is hardly a reliable way to hit the mutation hole, but the easiest way for me to get it in there is off a fast left inlane roll, shooting off the very tip of the left flipper. This actually sends it up the right inlane, straight into the hole.

Quote Originally Posted by heathenSauce View Post
    This is hardly a reliable way to hit the mutation hole, but the easiest way for me to get it in there is off a fast left inlane roll, shooting off the very tip of the left flipper. This actually sends it up the right inlane, straight into the hole.
    That's the way I've hit it most often, though unfortunately never when I want to.