Williams Pinball Volume 2 is now available!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • McLovin
    Marketing Manager
    • Apr 2017

Williams Pinball Volume 2 is now available!

PFX3_WMS_vol2_Switch_Main_Image_800x450.jpg

Williams Pinball Volume 2 is now available! Attack from Mars, The Party Zone and Black Rose in Pinball FX3!

PS4 EU
    Xbox One
    Steam

Also Zen Pinball on Mac.

PS4 US arriving tomorrow, Switch on Dec 18.

See you on the leaderboards!
  • pbo
    • Nov 2018

Perfect work guys, gratz and thanks!

Comment

• hitman12
      • Nov 2018

Excellent work as always.Must admit original tables from Zen don't caught my attencion but recreations are great and practically i don't play anymore in Farsight versions of tables from Williams pack.Can't stand anymore those crappy physics in TPA not saying about the other things.
      AFM need some adjustments,ball is draining out too fast.
      Thank You guys for giving me foretaste of real pinball machine
      Last edited by hitman12; 12-04-2018, 03:28 PM.

Comment

• stefb
        Pinhead
        • Oct 2018

Just bought it now and tested …. it's like the previous ones, Simply excellent !

Just a bit dissapointement … i really hope for an option to play 2,3 or 4 players with the same physics as playing solo
        Last edited by stefb; 12-04-2018, 05:15 PM.

Comment

• Sgt_Tenor
          • Jun 2017

Played all of the tables in this pack. Obviously AFM will most people's favorite but I must say, I'm really enjoying Black Rose.

Party Zone - Well I got to say, It's just as meh as it was in TPA. Never got into it. And I don't think I can eagerly await Dr. Dude as I think it would be on the list of tables coming to PBFX3.

Black Rose - I've always enjoyed this table in TPA and was IMO one the better tables in season 2 (or was it 3?) at any rate, the cannon is really neat and shooting that still takes some timing. I'm curious though once players get the timing, might it be too easy to get high scores on this table. This is by far the better version and a bit more difficult than it's TPA counter part IMO.

AFM - I'm glad that shooting the center targets can lead to drains SDTM. It makes the table much more difficult. I found the TPA version much easier than it should have been. Drains haven't bothered me like some. I think It's much faster than TPA counterpart. In fact, I like that it's more challenging. Question though -- are the quick drains in single or classic single/arcade mode?

Toggling the enhanced version is really neat. It's subtle enough where it isn't distracting and I don't think I will play any Williams/bally table released without the enhancement.

I think there are some audio issues in AFM. When I lock a ball where on the lane to the left of the center targets, the sound seems static and then gets back to normal.

Anyway. A good pack and looking forward to more play time as well as any news of Volume 3 coming our way lol.

Comment

• hitman12
            • Nov 2018

So far i'm very dissapointed in AFM,ball is bouncing way too hard from the flippers,it's very unrealistic and ball is draining so fast it kills all fun from playing on this table.in this stage AFM is very frustrating and i have absolutely no fun from gameplay.I played other tables and everything is fine,only AFM seems to have problems with ball draining and need some shots and physics adjustment.I hope Zen will fix this table soon cause its best from this pack and in this state AFM is simply unplayable.I'm no masochist,i don't intend to play a game that gives me absolutely no fun and satisfaction
            It's a shame that theoretically best table from volume 2 proved to be biggest dissapointment.
            Last edited by hitman12; 12-04-2018, 07:10 PM.

Comment

• Cloda
              Pinball Wizard
              • Nov 2010

AFM is fun but brutal and is going to take a lot of hard work from me to get to the wizard mode and the achievement. I find hitting the right ramp and then also shooting at the saucer from the left flipper very risky. You can avoid shooting at the saucer with the left flipper but eventually you'll have to go for the right ramp if you want to get to the wizard mode. The left orbit is also quite tricky for me to hit.

BR I find it much easier to keep the ball alive and the table looks amazing especially with the enhancements on. It doesn't feel like there is too much going on, on the table so I doubt that it will become one of my favourites in the long run.

PZ is in fact not much of a party zone if you get my drift There is really not a lot happening on the table and it quickly start to feel a bit repetitive. It will definitely not be one of my favourites and if I wasn't so OCD about owning all the tables, I probably would not have bought it.

My ranking for the tables released so far from highest to lowest is: MM, GW, AFM, BR, JY, FT, PZ.
              XBox One Gamertag - PinStratsDan

Pinball FX3 Tips & Strategy Guide YouTube Channel - PinStratsDan

Discord server - PinStratsDan

Twitter - PinStratsDan

Facebook - PinStratsDan

Cloda's somewhat vain and sort of self-indulgent thread

Comment

• M Code
                • Oct 2018

Check your email, already advised Version 1.35 download for Mac is defective... No NEW tables shown??

Comment

• zaphod77
                  Pinball Wizard
                  • Mar 2012

AFM is actually quite brutal in real life. Fast and furious, with balls screaming down the outlanes and/or middle

Comment

• hitman12
                    • Nov 2018

I understand that table is hard but look how ball bounce from the flipper,it's very unnatural behaviour and ball movement is far too random to master this table.

Comment

• Trueno07
                      • Dec 2018

Really enjoying the tables but compared the attack on Mars table I played at my local arcade (it may be some kind of remake?? it has a full color DMD and censored art???) the game feels brutally fast. Like, almost as if the simulation itself is running 1.25 speed.

The physics feel ok to me its just its all so fast. I feel like I wish I could tilt the table back to slow It down a bit. Full disclosure: I'm not good at pinball, but The party zone is almost unplayable for me, It kicks out so fast I usually don't get but a half hit on the ball, no time to even get control.

Whats odd is that the first Williams tables feel spot on vs the real Gone Fishin and Medevial madness I've played (again that MM was some kind of replica or rebuild with a color DMD and it was probably in too good of condition to be original??)

Comment

• Cornholio
                        Banned
                        • Feb 2017

The only thing I can nitpick is why oh why do you have the soldier shoot the saucer with a pistol when the saucer is destroyed, when you have missiles ready to his right???? I know the missiles are used during multiball but why can't he, as a joke, run over, grab one and throw it at the saucer instead of shooting a little pistol?

Yes I'm nitpicking but it looks lamo as it currently is!

The rest is awesome though!!!

PS now bring it to VR!!!

Comment

• steven120566
                          • Jan 2015

@Trueno07, there is a recreated, newly designed MM from Chiago Gaming, that's the one you played.

Comment

• steven120566
                            • Jan 2015

Originally posted by Trueno07
                            Really enjoying the tables but compared the attack on Mars table I played at my local arcade (it may be some kind of remake?? it has a full color DMD and censored art???) the game feels brutally fast. Like, almost as if the simulation itself is running 1.25 speed.

The physics feel ok to me its just its all so fast. I feel like I wish I could tilt the table back to slow It down a bit. Full disclosure: I'm not good at pinball, but The party zone is almost unplayable for me, It kicks out so fast I usually don't get but a half hit on the ball, no time to even get control.

Whats odd is that the first Williams tables feel spot on vs the real Gone Fishin and Medevial madness I've played (again that MM was some kind of replica or rebuild with a color DMD and it was probably in too good of condition to be original??)
                            I know I am in the vast minority, but I also think the new physics seem to fast. I know they are probably more realistic, sure. And, I rank about the same in number on the recreations as I do on most of the original Zen designed non originals. So my skill is consistent. Low, but consistent. I just think the way the tables play is better with the Zen designs than the Zen recreations. I know, me bad....But regardless, I enjoy playing these recreations alot too.

Comment

• teamski
                              • Oct 2018

Spending some hours on the tables and I really love them! I had a slow frame rate issue with the tables but I dumped the shadow detail level to low and without noticing a difference graphically, the frame rate is perfect. I have no complaints about the tables. It is weird now to get ball spin and it really adds another element to the game play.

ZEN, you guys are awesome! The tables are beautiful and fun as hell!!! Please keep them coming. Now to get back to AFM.......

-Ski

Comment

Working...