Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bluejaywpg
    • Dec 2018

Williams volume 2 installed on PS4 but not recognized by Pinball FX3

I remotely purchased & installed Williams volume 2 on my PS4, & when I run Pinball FX3, the 3 new tables show a pulsing down arrow on them. When I select 1 of them, it takes me to the screen that says "Get this pack", shows volume 2, & below it a Download & Play button. If I press X, it takes me to the PS Store & shows Volume 2 as Installed. Why??? If I uninstall / reinstall, will it keep my settings, high scores, etc.? Rebooting the PS4 & closing / reopening the game doesn't help.
  • bluejaywpg
    • Dec 2018

Figured it out - you MUST download the volume 2 DEMO as well as volume 2. Would've been nice to know that ahead of time. There has to be a better way than that!!!

Comment

• Cornholio
      Banned
      • Feb 2017

Originally posted by bluejaywpg
      Figured it out - you MUST download the volume 2 DEMO as well as volume 2. Would've been nice to know that ahead of time. There has to be a better way than that!!!
      My PS4 downloaded both demo and game when purchasing the game in the shop. Don't know why yours didn't

What do you mean by 'remotely purchased'? I purchased mine straight from the store on my ps4.

Comment

• Crow2012
        • Dec 2018

I am having the same problem. Tried to contact pinball fx3, no help. Tried to uninstall then reinstall that didn’t help. It would have been nice to know that I needed to download the demo before buying. I don’t know what to do.

Comment

• Cornholio
          Banned
          • Feb 2017

Originally posted by Crow2012
          I am having the same problem. Tried to contact pinball fx3, no help. Tried to uninstall then reinstall that didn’t help. It would have been nice to know that I needed to download the demo before buying. I don’t know what to do.
          Have you tried downloading the free demo from the shop???

Comment

• Crow2012
            • Dec 2018

Thank you! This helped, I never would of thought of that.

Comment

• bluejaywpg
              • Dec 2018

Originally posted by Cornholio
              My PS4 downloaded both demo and game when purchasing the game in the shop. Don't know why yours didn't

What do you mean by 'remotely purchased'? I purchased mine straight from the store on my ps4.
              Using the PS app on my phone. It never prompted me to download the demo when I sent Volume 2 to my PS4.

Comment

• Geof7609
                • Dec 2018

Originally posted by bluejaywpg
                Using the PS app on my phone. It never prompted me to download the demo when I sent Volume 2 to my PS4.
                I bought the Pack straight through the game, and it never mentioned the demo either. I didn't even know there WAS a demo. I did notice that the download was only 1.1mb, but FX3's startup had taken considerably longer than usual & I figured that the new tables were being automatically added since they now showed up in the Collection screen (greyed-out, of course.)

I don't recall having to download a demo back when I bought the first Williams Pack, but now I'll definitely remember to check for one each time a new Pack comes out. Thanks for the info here, guys. Glad I found these boards. My email to customer service was sent back rejected because the mailbox was full, lol.

Comment

• bluejaywpg
                  • Dec 2018

I knew of the demo for pack 1 but had no idea there was also a demo for pack 2. But even if I did know, I wouldn't have necessarily thought that it was necessary to download, since it's called a DEMO.

Comment

• Cornholio
                    Banned
                    • Feb 2017

I don't buy physical disks anymore with my ps4, I only buy and download through the store. I've noticed most 'large' games who provide a demo version, when you're ready to purchase, you're actually purchasing an unlock code to the demo. I'm thinking the demo is the full version of the game but locked. If you've downloaded the demo first, then you just download the unlock code when purchasing the full version. But if you just buy the full version without loading the demo, it downloads both and installs both without you knowing.

Looks like if you purchase from 'outside' the ps4 shop, you're not downloading both versions.

Someone at Zen can confirm or deny this.

Comment

Working...