X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • McLovin
    Marketing Manager
    • Apr 2017

Welcome to the world of Operencia: The Stolen Sun

We are happy to finally show you the single-largest production of our 15-year history! Operencia: The Stolen Sun is a role-playing game that breathes new life into the classic first-person dungeon-crawler genre while also unifying Central European folklore and legends – most of which have never been depicted in video games – into one cohesive universe. It will be available in 2019 on Steam, with other platforms to be announced in the future.

The land of Operencia is an unconventional fantasy world where history meets legend – a faraway land referenced in countless Central European folktales told for hundreds of years. For the first time ever, these stories – and many others spanning the region – all occur in the context of one single universe. Adding further depth, real-life historical figures populate the game, if in a more legendary form, such as King Attila, as well as the Seven Chieftains of the Magyars. You’ll be able to explore locations from well-known fairytale settings (e.g., castles, tombs and forests) and fantastical versions of storied landmarks anyone can physically visit today, such as the fortresses of Deva and Bálványos.

We have gone to great lengths to ensure that everything in Operencia: The Stolen Sun feels familiar to RPG players, yet still modern and novel. Through a classic tile-based movement system, you’ll explore the far reaches of the land, engaging in strategic turn-based battles at every turn. The entire quest to free the abducted Sun King of Hungarian mythology, Napkirály – thereby saving Operencia from endless days of night – comes rife with malevolent monsters, devious traps and mind-bending puzzles. Perhaps even a three-headed dragon…

A team of avid role-playing gamers within Zen wanted to create a modernized dungeon crawler with Unreal 4 graphics and an immersive story based on content rarely seen in video games – including stories and characters they grew up with living here in Hungary that most people in other parts of the world have yet to hear…at least not yet. Operencia is almost done now, and we can’t wait for everyone to start adventuring.
  • Joco77
    • Feb 2015

Én úgy voltam vele, hogy bármi más sítlusú játék jön tőletek mint a flipper táblák felejtős számomra(kevés szabadidő munka mellett, erősen szűröm mivel játszok és inkább flipper mint bármi egyéb) de ez esetben hatalmasat tévedtem. EOB1-2, és újabban a Legend of Grimrock 1-2 nagy kedvenceim így epekedve várom ezt! Ismét sikerült kellemes meglepetést okoznotok számomra Köszi szépen!

Comment

• McLovin
      Marketing Manager
      • Apr 2017

Originally posted by Joco77
      Én úgy voltam vele, hogy bármi más sítlusú játék jön tőletek mint a flipper táblák felejtős számomra(kevés szabadidő munka mellett, erősen szűröm mivel játszok és inkább flipper mint bármi egyéb) de ez esetben hatalmasat tévedtem. EOB1-2, és újabban a Legend of Grimrock 1-2 nagy kedvenceim így epekedve várom ezt! Ismét sikerült kellemes meglepetést okoznotok számomra Köszi szépen!
      Joco, szuper ez a komment - és nagyon szépen köszönjük a bizalmat! Hatalmas dolog amikor valaki a kevés szabadidejéből szán arra, amit mi készítettünk.

Comment

• HUN_Blackice
        • Mar 2019

Platform

A későbbiekben tervezitek-e a játékot kidani PS4-re is?

Comment

• hunter328
          Pinball Wizard
          • Apr 2012

Very cool! Looks like the type of game I’d really enjoy.
          Congratulations to everyone at Zen Studios for such an epic endeavor. I hope the game is a huge success for you guys.
          Will we be seeing an Operencia themed pinball table for PBFX3? Did any of the table designers work on Operencia or is that a separate team of people?
          sigpic

Comment

• Croftanator
            Table Designer
            • Oct 2011

Originally posted by hunter328
            Very cool! Looks like the type of game I’d really enjoy.
            Congratulations to everyone at Zen Studios for such an epic endeavor. I hope the game is a huge success for you guys.
            Will we be seeing an Operencia themed pinball table for PBFX3? Did any of the table designers work on Operencia or is that a separate team of people?
            The core Operencia team is indeed a different team, though for instance, I helped out with some technical voice over tasks, and I think most pinball designers also provided feedback via focus testing a bit earlier on in development

Comment

• Pilda
              • Mar 2019

Do you have any plans with the game? More content, DLCs, and so on?

Comment

• DawnrazorDCLXVI
                • Mar 2019

Originally posted by Pilda
                +1 for this question.

Comment

• po1980
                  • Apr 2019

Originally posted by Pilda
                  I guess i must just be good at the game because so far, i'm at the deep copper forest and i've only used ONE piece of firewood, and i have like 31 of them in inventory. The ancient elemental boss - i figured out how to hurt him with elemental magic and beat him easily without really having to heal my team at all, but then i saw others just bashing away at him for 4 points of damage per attack with melee attacks and that strategy seemed to work also. What i'm getting at is that it would be great if there was a 4th difficulty dimension that we could modify that would actually affect the combat in the game to make it more challenging for players who are good at optimizing their gear and abilities. i love this game so i would really really enjoy an added combat difficulty setting to make it more challenging!

-po1980

Comment

• DawnrazorDCLXVI
                    • Mar 2019

Originally posted by po1980
                    I guess i must just be good at the game because so far, i'm at the deep copper forest and i've only used ONE piece of firewood, and i have like 31 of them in inventory. The ancient elemental boss - i figured out how to hurt him with elemental magic and beat him easily without really having to heal my team at all, but then i saw others just bashing away at him for 4 points of damage per attack with melee attacks and that strategy seemed to work also. What i'm getting at is that it would be great if there was a 4th difficulty dimension that we could modify that would actually affect the combat in the game to make it more challenging for players who are good at optimizing their gear and abilities. i love this game so i would really really enjoy an added combat difficulty setting to make it more challenging!

-po1980
                    I've only had single characters die, and only twice. I have twelve pieces of firewood, and only use them to recharge my sorceror's mana. Combat is indeed very easy. It doesn't diminish my enjoyment of the game, but the puzzles are more difficult than the combat, for certain.

Comment

• afaaqraja
                      • Feb 2019

Thanks

Hey! guys I am new here thanks for adding me
                      Hammer Of Thor

Comment

• DawnrazorDCLXVI
                        • Mar 2019

Originally posted by afaaqraja
                        Hey! guys I am new here thanks for adding me
                        Welcome!

Comment

• po1980
                          • Apr 2019

I finished the game it was great. Haven't found 100% though so I need to go back. only use one piece of firewood the whole game had 49 left. you can also use your characters strategically when they level up to refill magic. During combat I use defense a lot to recharge energy. To be fair I also chose the mage which I think is probably too OP. Giving them all the fire bonuses and then some of the spell books that you get, the mages magic has a lot of damage later on.

Comment

Working...