Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BrandonLaw
    • Oct 2018

Williams' ball size?

Been searching the internet, and surprisingly haven't found anyone discussing the increased ball size. Am I missing something as to why they are larger? Otherwise digging the tables!
  • JaySTeeY
    • Apr 2014

How do you measure a virtual pinball? <shrugs>

Just curious, bigger how: Zen tables to Williams? Or real Williams to virtual Williams?
    XBL GT - JaySTeeY
    casual pinball player, looking for friendly competition

Comment

• cocothetrain
      • Jul 2017

Originally posted by BrandonLaw
      Been searching the internet, and surprisingly haven't found anyone discussing the increased ball size. Am I missing something as to why they are larger? Otherwise digging the tables!
      I think it is just perceived table size. Original Zen tables are larger than actual tables with larger flippers, giving the illusion of a smaller ball. Everything looks pretty close to real as compared to an original or remake Medieval Madness.

Comment

• BrandonLaw
        • Oct 2018

Originally posted by cocothetrain
        I think it is just perceived table size. Original Zen tables are larger than actual tables with larger flippers, giving the illusion of a smaller ball. Everything looks pretty close to real as compared to an original or remake Medieval Madness.
        With pinballs being 1 and 1/16 inches standard...as I play on a cab, I think this does actually look normal. What I play FX3 classic stuff, the ball is just smaller. Throws me off

Comment

• cantankerous--
          Pinball Wizard
          • Nov 2016

Originally posted by BrandonLaw
          With pinballs being 1 and 1/16 inches standard...as I play on a cab, I think this does actually look normal. What I play FX3 classic stuff, the ball is just smaller. Throws me off
          This has already been stated, but the Williams tables are more narrow with a wider gap between the flippers as compared to the Zen made tables and therefore the balls are smaller onscreen, but in relation to the overall aspect ratio of the table, the exact same size.

In layman's terms: A small girl with small gap makes penis look bigger. Big girl with big gap makes penis look smaller.
          Last edited by cantankerous--; 12-19-2018, 11:59 AM.
          Accomplishments in real life

1. Rolled a star wars machine................ie played over 99 levels and rolled it back to level 1.
          2. Rolled Nintendo punch out, several times, same quarter.
          3. Played an entire game of dragons lair and completed it and won while blindfolded.
          sigpic

Comment

• Vincent
            Pinball Wizard
            • Sep 2010

Originally posted by cantankerous--
            This has already been stated, but the Williams tables are more narrow with a wider gap between the flippers as compared to the Zen made tables and therefore the balls are smaller onscreen, but in relation to the overall aspect ratio of the table, the exact same size.

In layman's terms: A small girl with small gap makes penis look bigger. Big girl with big gap makes penis look smaller.

Small balls you mean

Comment

• Tech101
              • Jan 2012

O.o I don't usually say this but....Delete this!
              Proud member of the Hyna Gang! Keeping pinball alive on the Wii U!

Comment

• cantankerous--
                Pinball Wizard
                • Nov 2016

Originally posted by Tech101
                O.o I don't usually say this but....Delete this!
                When I delete it will it delete from your quoted post or from others who quote it? NO, it wont. Aside from which, it was intended to be humor. Crude yes, but still humor, that clearly missed the mark with you, but maybe others saw it as what it was. It certainly was not intended to offend you or anyone and merely demonstrate graphically the perception of size in a given space based on its relationship to objects within the environment.

One day, years from now, long after I've published my novel or released the game I'm working on or decide to run for public office someone on the w.w.w. will find my various user names here and abroad and post some of my comments made over the past 25 years publicly for the entire world to see and judge. If this one, basically nothing more than a biology lesson is the singular comment that upsets the sensibilities of public opinion I will sit back and laugh at all of them.

It was just a joke dude.
                Last edited by cantankerous--; 12-24-2018, 12:26 PM.

1. Rolled a star wars machine................ie played over 99 levels and rolled it back to level 1.
                3. Played an entire game of dragons lair and completed it and won while blindfolded.
                sigpic

Comment

• Tech101
                  • Jan 2012

When I delete it will it delete from your quoted post or from others who quote it? NO, it wont. Aside from which, it was intended to be humor. Crude yes, but still humor, that clearly missed the mark with you, but maybe others saw it as what it was. It certainly was not intended to offend you or anyone and merely demonstrate graphically the perception of size in a given space based on its relationship to objects within the environment.

One day, years from now, long after I've published my novel or released the game I'm working on or decide to run for public office someone on the w.w.w. will find my various user names here and abroad and post some of my comments made over the past 25 years publicly for the entire world to see and judge. If this one, basically nothing more than a biology lesson is the singular comment that upsets the sensibilities of public opinion I will sit back and laugh at all of them.

It was just a joke dude.
                  It takes much more then that to offend me lol. In a way I was joking as well even if the comment was a little to visual for me. Maybe that's just my dirty mind working in overdrive.

Comment

• cantankerous--
                    Pinball Wizard
                    • Nov 2016

Originally posted by Tech101
                    It takes much more then that to offend me lol. In a way I was joking as well even if the comment was a little to visual for me. Maybe that's just my dirty mind working in overdrive.
                    Hope you have a wonderful Christmas bro.

sigpic

Comment

• Tech101
                      • Jan 2012

Hope you have a wonderful Christmas bro.
                      Same to you and thanks!

Comment

Working...