Thread: Question about pinball fx tables on pinballfx 2??

Angry Question about pinball fx tables on pinballfx 2??

So i understand that all the tables from pinball fx can be played on pinball fx2.....and i love the upgrades.....question is why come the extra tables from pinball fx 1 are no longer avalible to play on pinball fx one?? let me explain as to not confuse anyone....
    i owned Pinball Fx.....never really bought into the extra tables......Pinball fx 2 comes out.....purchased it.....decided to purchase the Rocky and Bullwinkle table......switched back to pinball fx 1.....cant play the Rocky and Bullwinkle table??? WTF?? so there goes some achivements that i will never achive......??? and am i too assume if i were to purchase nightmare mansion or earth defense the same thang would apply??? So far this is my only complient...otherwise i love this game........yes im an achivement whore who cant even spell achivement......

p.s. dont dock me for spelling.......ti dnot mtater hwo uoy splle ti sa lnog sa uoy cna reed ti.....

Quote Originally Posted by BIGPOPPAFURIOUS View Post
    So i understand that all the tables from pinball fx can be played on pinball fx2.....and i love the upgrades.....question is why come the extra tables from pinball fx 1 are no longer avalible to play on pinball fx one?? let me explain as to not confuse anyone....
    i owned Pinball Fx.....never really bought into the extra tables......Pinball fx 2 comes out.....purchased it.....decided to purchase the Rocky and Bullwinkle table......switched back to pinball fx 1.....cant play the Rocky and Bullwinkle table??? WTF?? so there goes some achivements that i will never achive......??? and am i too assume if i were to purchase nightmare mansion or earth defense the same thang would apply??? So far this is my only complient...otherwise i love this game........yes im an achivement whore who cant even spell achivement......
    For better or worse, FX is dead apart from what you've already bought and downloaded.

Talking

Yeah but why??? i mean i understand pinball fx2 has the improvements and all, but i still rock pinball fx....and i bet many others do...so why all of a sudden deny access for dl content.....i admitt if it wasnt for the achivements we wouldnt be having this discussion.....

Yeah but why??? i mean i understand pinball fx2 has the improvements and all, but i still rock pinball fx....and i bet many others do...so why all of a sudden deny access for dl content.....i admitt if it wasnt for the achivements we wouldnt be having this discussion.....
    And I bet many others don't I will give some gentle advise (as always you can take it or leave it... your choice), get over it and move on to pinball fx 2 in all its glory, forget about the old tables because they are not anywhere as decent and enjoyable as the new tables and the new ones to come. Achievement cachievement..... who really cares about is all I ask

why come the extra tables from pinball fx 1 are no longer avalible to play on pinball fx one??
    "How come," Dr. Lexus...

When the sequel was released, Pinball FX and its DLC were delisted from the Marketplace. The core game has been put back online, but the original versions of the old tables are no longer available for purchase.

Pinball FX 2 uses a new physics engine, and Zen redrew all nine of the original tables for the sequel. Because of this, the new versions of the DLC tables are separate downloads (each one is about 5mb larger). Anyone who purchased this content previously will receive a prompt to download the upgraded tables upon launching Pinball FX 2 for the first time.

so there goes some achivements that i will never achive......???
    Even if the new versions were backwards compatible, you wouldn't be able to get all of the achievements. Buccaneer was originally a free download to Pinball FX owners. Zen included it in the Classic pack for Pinball FX 2. You'd have to pay an extra 800 points for a single table (and it definitely felt like a freebie).

Fortunately, you aren't missing much. Pinball FX's physics engine was poor, and several of the achievements were broken. After playing the sequel, there's no reason to go back to the original game.

and am i too assume if i were to purchase nightmare mansion or earth defense the same thang would apply???
    Yes.

However, you should consider purchasing Earth Defense and Excalibur. They were the last two tables created for the original Pinball FX and are on par with the four Core tables. Nightmare Mansion is also worth getting if you're a fan of classic pinball (i.e. Gottlieb's Haunted House).

ti dnot mtater hwo uoy splle ti sa lnog sa uoy cna reed ti.....
    Welcome to Costco, I love you.
    They took our pinball machines!
    Let's revolt, who's with me?
    Grab a pitchfork and come with Zen!