Thread: Did i read it wrong or ...

Default Did i read it wrong or ...

Hmm,

I was playing the biolab table and i had the "monster in the tube" thing activated, so as usual i had to wait a bit to select my choise (you know strength, wisdom, etc).. Anyway during this time i was using my flippers etc (before the selection screen)... Anyway i might have read this wrong or it might have been something else but i think i saw a message in the "dot matrix display" saying "Easter Egg" and i got awarded "5 million points", To be honest i'm not entirely sure if i read it correctly since i wasn't really paying attention and since then i could not reproduce this anymore.. probably because if it really is an "easter egg" a certain button combination has to be done or some timing or something.

Did anyone else seen this yet ? or does anyone else know why i might have gotten 5 million points otherwise (i still had to select my upgrade but maybe i just read it wrong and got awarded 5 million points for something else ?)

any idea's ?

I got the 5 million Easter egg today also, but do not know how or why I got it.

gotten this twice today........not sure what it is either....may have something to do with the hidden lab.....

well if it really is "easter egg" as a message i know what it is.

Easter eggs in software are usually referered to hidden secrets done by programmers of the software, things that were not ment to be or not needed but programmed in as a gimmick by the programmers. Most of the time you have to activated in special way like button presses, timing or something.

Al windows version used to have easter eggs (most of the time they show the credits), there used to be an excell version (MS office) where a hidden pinball game was in there those kind of things are easter eggs

Quote Originally Posted by BIGPOPPAFURIOUS View Post
    gotten this twice today........not sure what it is either....may have something to do with the hidden lab.....
    Quote Originally Posted by joyrider3774 View Post
    well if it really is "easter egg" as a message i know what it is.

Easter eggs in software...
    Hahahaha...wow, you guys are making me feel ancient.

I pray I'm not the only gamer on here who loved Adventure in the 2600 days!
    They took our pinball machines!
    Let's revolt, who's with me?
    Grab a pitchfork and come with Zen!

Hey Blue,

I'm right there with you with Adventure. I've got a 2600 running right now and Adventure is still awesome.

I'll never forget when a buddy of mine showed me the secret room for the first time. We figured we were the only 2 people in the whole world who knew about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Chones View Post
    Hey Blue,

I'm right there with you with Adventure. I've got a 2600 running right now and Adventure is still awesome.

I'll never forget when a buddy of mine showed me the secret room for the first time. We figured we were the only 2 people in the whole world who knew about it.
    Dude, you were one of the lucky ones with your 2600 I had this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1292_Ad...e_Video_System the acetronic version. The best game we had was shootout http://www.gamereset.de/jef/vg/shootout.jpg . You had 2 guys and a cactus you had to shoot each other. That was it. We also had video pinball which had flippers which met up in the middle. I wish I could find a screen shot.

I got this as well, right after adding the head of the creature, no idea what i did. I remember the creature had yellow legs and purple body and head, don;t know if that had anything to do with it.