Thread: Biolab game frozen - FED UP WITH BUGS

Default Biolab game frozen - FED UP WITH BUGS

I was doing a great score of 50 millions in Biolab, I had gotten brain, wisdom and reflex ameliorations, and was about to get the strength amelioration. But when I aimed at the creature, the matrix disappeared quickly, it didn't ask which amelioration I wanted, I thought it "knew" that I needed the "strength" one... But nothing happened ! Now the creature is just there saying "hello"... and even when I quit and re-enter the game, nothing happens.

Zen, it has been the third time I've been facing such a bug with recent tables, and I don"t play very often ! Especially Biolab : it must have been my 20th Biolab game ever... So, it's not like such bugs happen once in 1000 games, they happen all the time ! Maybe it's time to do something about that ! Please, I know they are difficult to eradicate, but can't you at least allow the ball to be re-initialized when something like that happens ?

We are in the middle of a tournament and I know 50M is ridiculous but I feel it's a great injustice... who knows ? maybe this 50M would have become a 200M !!

Quote Originally Posted by Vincent View Post
    I was doing a great score of 50 millions in Biolab, I had gotten brain, wisdom and reflex ameliorations, and was about to get the strength amelioration. But when I aimed at the creature, the matrix disappeared quickly, it didn't ask which amelioration I wanted, I thought it "knew" that I needed the "strength" one... But nothing happened ! Now the creature is just there saying "hello"... and even when I quit and re-enter the game, nothing happens.

Zen, it has been the third time I've been facing such a bug with recent tables, and I don"t play very often ! Especially Biolab : it must have been my 20th Biolab game ever... So, it's not like such bugs happen once in 1000 games, they happen all the time ! Maybe it's time to do something about that ! Please, I know they are difficult to eradicate, but can't you at least allow the ball to be re-initialized when something like that happens ?

We are in the middle of a tournament and I know 50M is ridiculous but I feel it's a great injustice... who knows ? maybe this 50M would have become a 200M !!
    You must be super unlucky, I've played that table around 80 times and never had a bug/glitch occur once. Stinks though.

I realize this is upsetting, but the bugs on Biolab are extremely rare.

I've played this table at least six or seven hundred times and have only become stuck once. I was still on my first ball with a score of over five billion.

The most common problem I've noticed is that the ball can vanish when sending it up the right ramp with a slow, precise shot. Whenever this happens, the ball is returned to the plunger with no penalty (I suspect it's just flying off the table). By "common," it's happened six times out of about ten thousand ramp shots.

Perhaps Zen could add either a ball count/awareness system that most physical pinball tables have or a Call Attendant feature like the Pinball Hall of Fame series.
    Last edited by blue; 01-20-2011 at 05:41 PM.
    They took our pinball machines!
    Let's revolt, who's with me?
    Grab a pitchfork and come with Zen!

Well as far as my experience goes......i only had a few bugs a glitch's...nothing making the game unplayable.....1st.....was the machine glitch that happens during clone mulitball.....balll got stuck in the monster machine for about 10 mins......got me plenty of points. i thought it was never gonna stop but eventually it popped out, good thang i had my hand on the controller when it did.....so to any one who gets it stuck, and gets 1000, pts every 1-2 sec's...dont quit, cuzz it just might pop back out.......

the other time i dont know what happen but it appeared i jumped the ball completey of the table......and the it re-seted in the plunger...... again neither were game breaking......just dont quit if you think the ball is stuck, nudge the machine and a little prayer may work too.....lol

I've played this table at least six or seven hundred times and have only become stuck once. I was still on my first ball with a score of over five billion.
    My god... And I'm the unlucky guy Sorry but, are you the one who made like 15 billions at Biolab ? ("a patch of blue") Then, are you planning to win the tournament ? Because no one else ever made a score like that, the 1st in the tournament is c6Co with around 3 billions... So if you just repeat half your hi-score (even quarter), you're very likely to win the tournament.

KickBeaten Down

Sorry to hear about the bugs. We will investigate and fix them. We do have a system for returning stuck balls, but in this case it sounds like the table script itself got stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by blue View Post
    I realize this is upsetting, but the bugs on Biolab are extremely rare.

The most common problem I've noticed is that the ball can vanish when sending it up the right ramp with a slow, precise shot. Whenever this happens, the ball is returned to the plunger with no penalty (I suspect it's just flying off the table). By "common," it's happened six times out of about ten thousand ramp shots.

Perhaps Zen could add either a ball count/awareness system that most physical pinball tables have or a Call Attendant feature like the Pinball Hall of Fame series.
    I must say that I have had one or two strange things happening but can't remember that it wasn't sorted out so that the game could continue.

I'm impressed blue. I don't think that I have played any table more that a 100x times (not talking about quick restarts) - possibly Rome more than that. I just get bored after a day or two of playing the same table especially once I have achieved most of the missions/modes on a table then it just quickly becomes mundane for me. I guess I'm not a true Pin head in that sense where chasing big scores is my goal.

My current goal is to score a 100 million on each of the 10 tables that I appreciate (fx 2 core, marvel, Excalibur and Earth Defence) and the once I have achieved that to move up to a new higher score, say 150 million for each of the 10. At the moment I have achieved it on 3 tables (Rome, Pasha and Spiderman) and are getting close on the 4th (Bioshock). I basically only play that one table until I achieve that score, no matter how long it takes.

The first table I started this on was Rome and it took me at least two weeks as my skill levels were not there yet (and that damn Western Garrison Mission!!!). Once I have achieved the score on Rome, I guess my skill level has picked up considerably because I now find it much easier to stay alive longer on a new table I play and thus get to learn the table much quicker.

Anyways.... well done on your great scores. I don't think that it is practically possible for me to ever get close to any of them.

Turn left at the Big Chicken and go 15 miles. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Thebigchicken.jpg

The Goblin doesn't like bugs! Oops, wrong table.