Thread: Couple questions regarding some tables

Default Couple questions regarding some tables

I downloaded FX2 a couple weeks ago with all the tables. I love most of them. Pinball wizardry doesn't appear to be in my genes, but I love playing nonetheless. I'm absolutely addicted. I enjoy having so many tables I can play when I get down trodden about not being able to put up even 10M on a table. LOL My highest score is 45M on Biolab, and I've topped 20 or 30M on several others. Some tables like Ironman and Rome, I can't even hit 10M on. Those things just eat me alive. That being said, I have some questions regarding a couple of tables, mainly concerning the little side games that go on with them.

I love Excalibur. One of my favorite 3 tables. I hit a whopping 35M today. It was pretty exhilarating for me. LOL However, I just can NOT figure out the joust minigame. I neither understand how to trigger it, or complete it. I've done it exactly once, and it was by complete luck. Does anyone have, or could anyone generate a screen shot of what a successful hit on the joust looks like? It's driving me nuts. Also, there are a lot of "Tales", in the game. How do I trigger those? I see all the knights' names flashing on the table periodically, but I don't know what to do with them. Could anyone tell me what happens when you spin the round table enough times? What happens when you shoot the ball through Excalibur enough times. I seem to be "leveling" up when I do it, and have gotten to 12 or so, but outside of triggering that dragon that pops out of the lane leading to the castle, I don't now what other good shooting through the sword does. I also haven't a clue what the locked ball and arrow on either side of the sword does. Periodically, I've been able to fire the ball across the table using the third flipper on the left side of the table, and it goes into a bucket of sorts. I can't seem to do it with any consistency, however, Is there a trick to it? There's a lot I don't know, huh? LOL If there's anything else I should know about this table, please let me know. :-) I appreciate the help in advance. I hope someone does a thorough breakdown of the table in the future. Some of the other guides I've read on this forum have been fantastic. The one on Biolab has helped me immensely.

The next table I have a question on is Blade. Once in a while a minigame on the left side of the table is triggered. I have no idea how, and even less idea what I'm supposed to do as the ball travels down the gauntlet. Any help with what I'm supposed to do would be sincerely appreciated.

Last but not least, I have a question about Secrets of the Deep. Is there a trick to using that mechanical arm that both drops and picks up balls from the table? I can't operate that thing to save my life. LOL

I'm afraid the best I can contribute to this forum at this time is a myriad of questions, but maybe I'll get to the juncture where I can actually help out others. :-P In the meantime, I enjoy reading everyone's contributions that serve the clueless, like me. LOL

Take it easy.

Nothing? Really? LOL

I guess I'm in the wrong place for such questions. I apologize for the intrusion.

Anyone? Buehler?

Quote Originally Posted by UranusIsBroken View Post
    I downloaded FX2 a couple weeks ago with all the tables. I love most of them. Pinball wizardry doesn't appear to be in my genes, but I love playing nonetheless. I'm absolutely addicted. I enjoy having so many tables I can play when I get down trodden about not being able to put up even 10M on a table. LOL My highest score is 45M on Biolab, and I've topped 20 or 30M on several others. Some tables like Ironman and Rome, I can't even hit 10M on. Those things just eat me alive. That being said, I have some questions regarding a couple of tables, mainly concerning the little side games that go on with them.

I love Excalibur. One of my favorite 3 tables. I hit a whopping 35M today. It was pretty exhilarating for me. LOL However, I just can NOT figure out the joust minigame. I neither understand how to trigger it, or complete it. I've done it exactly once, and it was by complete luck. Does anyone have, or could anyone generate a screen shot of what a successful hit on the joust looks like? It's driving me nuts. Also, there are a lot of "Tales", in the game. How do I trigger those? I see all the knights' names flashing on the table periodically, but I don't know what to do with them. Could anyone tell me what happens when you spin the round table enough times? What happens when you shoot the ball through Excalibur enough times. I seem to be "leveling" up when I do it, and have gotten to 12 or so, but outside of triggering that dragon that pops out of the lane leading to the castle, I don't now what other good shooting through the sword does. I also haven't a clue what the locked ball and arrow on either side of the sword does. Periodically, I've been able to fire the ball across the table using the third flipper on the left side of the table, and it goes into a bucket of sorts. I can't seem to do it with any consistency, however, Is there a trick to it? There's a lot I don't know, huh? LOL If there's anything else I should know about this table, please let me know. :-) I appreciate the help in advance. I hope someone does a thorough breakdown of the table in the future. Some of the other guides I've read on this forum have been fantastic. The one on Biolab has helped me immensely.

The next table I have a question on is Blade. Once in a while a minigame on the left side of the table is triggered. I have no idea how, and even less idea what I'm supposed to do as the ball travels down the gauntlet. Any help with what I'm supposed to do would be sincerely appreciated.

Last but not least, I have a question about Secrets of the Deep. Is there a trick to using that mechanical arm that both drops and picks up balls from the table? I can't operate that thing to save my life. LOL

I'm afraid the best I can contribute to this forum at this time is a myriad of questions, but maybe I'll get to the juncture where I can actually help out others. :-P In the meantime, I enjoy reading everyone's contributions that serve the clueless, like me. LOL

Take it easy.
    Lance minigame - hit the x button just before the little jousting rod hits the other one. It get's gradually faster so you need to hit a little bit earlier each time

Knights Tales - RTFM :-) there's a rule sheet for the table under help and options. This is all in there more or less I think. It's got something to do with spinning the spinny thing though I've not played it for about a month or 2 and I am the worlds most forgetful person.

Bow and arrow thingy: You need to do this 3 times For the multiball. The easiest was is to wait for it to fire out of the jousty place or something. Read the thread Some Love for Excalibur. I think it's mentioned on there. You can also search the forum for excalibur. Someone has asked the question before but I'm too damned lay to look

You probably want to master the ramp shots with the foxy red head on. Shoot the orbit that triggers the emerald to start glowing then shoot the red head ramp or something to trigger morgana's quest. Master this quest and you'll have extra balls galore. The quest you are looking for is the one where you load the catapult. That's the money shot quest for me. You have to fire a few shots to load a catapult then another to load the catapult then fire at the castle or something.

There's a thread on Blade containing a complete guide but basically you have to press the shoulder buttons when the ball is approaching the flashing diamond.

There's one for Secrets of the deep too.

Quote Originally Posted by IAMMRBONGO View Post
    Lance minigame - hit the x button just before the little jousting rod hits the other one. It get's gradually faster so you need to hit a little bit earlier each time

Knights Tales - RTFM :-) there's a rule sheet for the table under help and options. This is all in there more or less I think. It's got something to do with spinning the spinny thing though I've not played it for about a month or 2 and I am the worlds most forgetful person.

Bow and arrow thingy: You need to do this 3 times For the multiball. The easiest was is to wait for it to fire out of the jousty place or something. Read the thread Some Love for Excalibur. I think it's mentioned on there. You can also search the forum for excalibur. Someone has asked the question before but I'm too damned lay to look

You probably want to master the ramp shots with the foxy red head on. Shoot the orbit that triggers the emerald to start glowing then shoot the red head ramp or something to trigger morgana's quest. Master this quest and you'll have extra balls galore. The quest you are looking for is the one where you load the catapult. That's the money shot quest for me. You have to fire a few shots to load a catapult then another to load the catapult then fire at the castle or something.

There's a thread on Blade containing a complete guide but basically you have to press the shoulder buttons when the ball is approaching the flashing diamond.

There's one for Secrets of the deep too.
    OK here's the quest I usually do. Just fired the game up. I usually go for the seige morgana's castle quest. What you do is trigger the right in-lane with what looks like some kind of lute on it (I shoot the red head ramp). When this is glowing a symbol appears in the green orbit that looks like a dead cat run over by a car (this is possibly why I never right guides incidentally).

So, when the dead cat is flashing shoot the ball through the green orbit (you'll see a diverter under the castle moves allowing for a ball locking). Lock a few balls like this. Each time a seige tower gets closer to the castle.

When the siege tower is in position (you'll be able to tell when the seige tower is in position because this wizard guy says "the seige tower is in position") You shoot the redhead ramp and the ball gets stopped by the wizard dude. Shoot again to LOAD THE CATAPULT.

Once the catapult is loaded the catapult will automatically fire at the castle (for ages I though I was in control of when it fired just because I always did it a turret at a time in my mind and was pressing the button at exactly the point where the catapult was fired)

Do this 3 times. The the caste door will open. Fire 3 balls into there.

I think you get some kind of award then. You'll get about 10-12 million for the shots plus some kind of bonus and possibly an extra ball at the end of completing the mission. Though I lost the third ball while trying to enter the castle just then when I tried.

This for me is the first mission I complete when aiming for a big score and it's good practice. So I'd recommend this mission

Ok for excalubar the jousting minigame is activated by hitting the orbits. Randomly you will here "A tournement has been anounced!". Once this happens the tounement light will be lit at the mission hole. (This hole is located to the far left of the table, just above the top left flipper. It's pretty easy to hit, just let the ball roll off the right flipper and flip just as it hits the tip) There are three lights at the mission hole and it has 4 purposes. The first is the Tale or Knights tales mission light. You activate it by lighting the letters TALE. (The spinner selects the tale you will play) TA is located at the edge of Mordrids ramp (red one) LE is located at edge of the Merlins ramp (far right , used for multiball). The second is the Holy grail light. You activate it by lighting the Holy Grail Quest lights located just below and to the right of Mordrids ramp. The last is the Joust or tornement light. Finnaly the skill shot is activated by hitting the ball in the hole while NO lights are lit. The ball will roll out onto the top left flipper at which point you must hit the ball into the Holy grail targets for a skill shot. (there is an archer anamation).

To complete Joust hit launch right as the white light is directly in front of the jousting knight, do this 3x for 5 million.

spinning the spinner while the mission light is NOT lit activates a "Duel". You get the ball to the mini playfield via Mordrids ramp and duel the kings champion. If you win you become the champ and then must defend your title for later trys.

Hitting the excalubar ramp gains you "Renown" represented by a level. (you start at lvl1) Each hit gains you one level, combo hits gain 2. So if you hit the Excalubar ramp 3 times in a row youd be at renown level 6 (2 - 4 - 6.)
    Once you get to renown lvl 11 you must battle the dragon to show you really are a badass knight. Just keep shooting the ball into the hole at Mordrids ramp, you get 500K per hit and I believe you must make 6 shots to win. If you lose, (time runs out) you go back to renown level 4 and must start over. If you win you keep your renown level and must battle the dragon again at lvl 22 (I think, it may be 24) You also keep any renown you may gain while battling the dragon if you win. Renown lvl provides an end of ball bonus, I cant remember off the top of my head what it is but it might be 10K per level. (not sure though) Also defeating the dragon becomes harder (more shots) and provides more point for completion as your level gets higher. Also I believe you get 5Mil first time beating the dragon and 10Mil second. Ive never beat him 3 times, as I tend to focus on seiging mordrids lair and MB on this table. (along with the Tales) (also along with the holy grail quest I believe fighting the dragon up's your multiplier)

For the Blade mini game this is the "Citidel". Look for a flashing light and hit the launch button to knock the ball forward and recieve a tailsman. Check out H.S's guide for more info, look for "Tailsmans".
    Last edited by Logic_FTW; 02-02-2011 at 03:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by IAMMRBONGO View Post
    OK here's the quest I usually do. Just fired the game up. I usually go for the seige morgana's castle quest. What you do is trigger the right in-lane with what looks like some kind of lute on it (I shoot the red head ramp). When this is glowing a symbol appears in the green orbit that looks like a dead cat run over by a car (this is possibly why I never right guides incidentally).

So, when the dead cat is flashing shoot the ball through the green orbit (you'll see a diverter under the castle moves allowing for a ball locking). Lock a few balls like this. Each time a seige tower gets closer to the castle.

When the siege tower is in position (you'll be able to tell when the seige tower is in position because this wizard guy says "the seige tower is in position") You shoot the redhead ramp and the ball gets stopped by the wizard dude. Shoot again to LOAD THE CATAPULT.

Once the catapult is loaded the catapult will automatically fire at the castle (for ages I though I was in control of when it fired just because I always did it a turret at a time in my mind and was pressing the button at exactly the point where the catapult was fired)

Do this 3 times. The the caste door will open. Fire 3 balls into there.

I think you get some kind of award then. You'll get about 10-12 million for the shots plus some kind of bonus and possibly an extra ball at the end of completing the mission. Though I lost the third ball while trying to enter the castle just then when I tried.

This for me is the first mission I complete when aiming for a big score and it's good practice. So I'd recommend this mission
    Yeah this is the "brute force" way of taking down Mordrid's lair. There is also a stealthy way, you sneak in through a secret passage!! To do this you must hit the 2 targets above the spinner. They will begin to move back and forth. hit them to make them stop, both to the far right. This reveals a hidden orbit (or path). Shoot the ball down this path to sneak into the castle..

The easiest quest to start a game IMO is just shoot mordrid's ramp 4 times. this will get you into the castle dungeons at which point you hit the flashing orbits to climb up levels of the lair. if you hit a wrong orbit you can get lost and go down levels instead of up.

Thank you guys for your responses. I sincerely appreciate it. Could anyone clue me in on the best way to win the duels on the mini play field? I beat the tar out of the targets, even the ones behind the lit up indicators, and it just seems to go on forever, and eventually the mini-game either times out or the ball drains. It's particularly aggravating when they bury their axe in the path of the ball, and shooting the axe sends it off the field of play. LOL Any suggestions?