Thread: Nudges and ....nudges!

Smile Nudges and ....nudges!

If you are a pinball player on real machines you know that nudging the table is one of the most important thing you must know about playing the game.
    But not every nudge is identical to another one.
    In real life you can calibrate the nudge strenght.
    So you can have micro, medium and hard nudges.
    As you can read in many pinball websites, a player on real machines must use all the time his pelvis to give micro nudges to the table. Tilt danger is not involved in this micro nudges because the machine is aware of medium and hard nudges only.
    In every digital pinball like PinballFX you cannot calibrate nudge strenght and i think it's a big mistake.
    Calculate ball and flipper physics (excellent in fx2) is not all. I think it's very important to find a way to give the player the ability to decide how much strenght the nudge must have.
    I hope this very important feature will be included in future Zen releases.

Im pretty sure Fx2 already does this, as on a number of occasions I have gently tapped the stick by accident and got a slight nudge but absolutely no tilt warning for it.

Quote Originally Posted by lexandro View Post
    Im pretty sure Fx2 already does this, as on a number of occasions I have gently tapped the stick by accident and got a slight nudge but absolutely no tilt warning for it.

Really?!!? i want to try this next time i play...thanks

Very nice, Lexandro. Thank you for pointing this out...

Double nudge for the win. I only just started nudging. Been playing since pinball fx1 first came out. I just couldn't get it to do what I wanted it seemed to be too light or seemed to result in the ball going faster in the dirrection I didn't want it to.

The truth is though you have to double nudge. twice rapidly and you seem to get away with it. Three times and it tilts.