Thread: Tim woodsman I'm sending you back to oz in pieces

Default Tim woodsman I'm sending you back to oz in pieces

I know I am mishearing wolverine here. But this is what I hear every time I hit the start the sentinal mode by hitting one of the saucers. "Tim woodsman I'm sending you back to oz in pieces"

It's not bothering me that much but um, I've just gotten curious. I am rubbish at hearing lyrics in songs too. I'm still trying to work out why belzibub has a devil for a sideboard and keane are so obsessed with Chris De Burgh.

If anyone can help me with this phrase I would be most great full. Thanks

lol - that's TIN woodsman... refering to the tinman in the Wizard of Oz

Quote Originally Posted by dvergilio View Post
    lol - that's TIN woodsman... refering to the tinman in the Wizard of Oz
    Was the tin man a woodsman? I don't remember that. You lose so much meaning of that film when you watch it with pink floyd playing over the top.

I'd assume he is a woodsman. Let's hope that's what his axe is for. I don't really think the lollipop guild would stand a chance otherwise.
    Taking over The World, one E-bortion at a time.
    Street Fighter 3: 3rd Strike: Yun, Ken, Hugo, Akuma
    Street Fighter II: Super Turbo: Fei Long, Ken, Ryu, Zangief, Balrog, Chun-Li
    Super Street Fighter 4: Abel, Akuma, Zangief, Balrog
    King of Fighters 2k2: Shermie, Ramon, Orochi Chris, Iori
    Guilty Gear Accent Core: Slayer
    Hokuto No Ken: Raoh stabs you in the toe and breaks your face.

Quote Originally Posted by IAMMRBONGO View Post
    Was the tin man a woodsman?
    Yep. The films tend to focus on Dorothy and gloss over the backstory. In Baum's novels, he was originally known as Nick Chopper, a woodsman of Oz. He fell in love with a servant girl (Nimmie) whose mistress would not allow her to marry. Nick sought the help of the Wicked Witch of the East (well before she was pancaked by Dorothy's house). The witch enchanted his axe, which caused it to cut off his limbs while he worked. Each time Nick lost a body part, the tinsmith would make him a prosthesis.

Unfortunately, the tinsmith forgot to replace Nick's heart. Nimmie knew of the spell and still wanted to marry him; but, by the time Nick became the Tin Woodman, he no longer had a heart with which to love her. He wandered Oz's forests cutting down trees until his body rusted from rain (ignore the fact that tin is commonly used to prevent oxidation :P).

Read the books if you get a chance. They're much better than the childish film adaptations.
    They took our pinball machines!
    Let's revolt, who's with me?
    Grab a pitchfork and come with Zen!

Quote Originally Posted by blue View Post
    Yep. The films tend to focus on Dorothy and gloss over the backstory. In Baum's novels, he was originally known as Nick Chopper, a woodsman of Oz. He fell in love with a servant girl (Nimmie) whose mistress would not allow her to marry. Nick sought the help of the Wicked Witch of the East (well before she was pancaked by Dorothy's house). The witch enchanted his axe, which caused it to cut off his limbs while he worked. Each time Nick lost a body part, the tinsmith would make him a prosthesis.

Unfortunately, the tinsmith forgot to replace Nick's heart. Nimmie knew of the spell and still wanted to marry him; but, by the time Nick became the Tin Woodman, he no longer had a heart with which to love her. He wandered Oz's forests cutting down trees until his body rusted from rain (ignore the fact that tin is commonly used to prevent oxidation :P).

Read the books if you get a chance. They're much better than the childish film adaptations.
    Thanks blue. Though with a name like Nick Chopper I think I'd take a different more adult career path and be round to fix nimmie's fridge sporting a big moustache to a funky wah wah sound track.