View Poll Results: What table would you most like to see a guide for? (Multiple Choice Allowed)

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • Pasha

    6 27.27%
  • Excalibur

    9 40.91%
  • Earth Defence

    10 45.45%
  • Iron Man

    3 13.64%
  • Spider Man

    4 18.18%
  • Wolverine

    6 27.27%
  • Nightmare Mansion

    2 9.09%
  • Agents

    4 18.18%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: If there was another guide...

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    141

    Question If there was another guide...

    Just curious what this forum would most like to see. Not only for myself and the possibility of me doing one, but for others like Blue and H.S., or anyone else who may have the info to do so. If there is blow out for one table I think it would be a good idea to get the guide up. I don't know enough about all the tables to do a guide for all of them, but there are a few yet I think I could attempt.
    Last edited by Logic_FTW; 02-04-2011 at 04:37 PM.

  2. #2

    Default

    I think I generally know what I'm supposed to be going for on the newer tables, but I'm still stymied by Earth Defense. I can keep the ball in play and hit several ramps in sequence, then I look up and my score has barely budged. My relative ranking on this table is much lower than others, despite playing it a lot, so there must be something I'm missing.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    141

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by woof321 View Post
    I think I generally know what I'm supposed to be going for on the newer tables, but I'm still stymied by Earth Defense. I can keep the ball in play and hit several ramps in sequence, then I look up and my score has barely budged. My relative ranking on this table is much lower than others, despite playing it a lot, so there must be something I'm missing.
    Just as a quick how to with ED, doing the assignments is a good start off point. (I was able to get over 100M on these alone) The assignments are done by hitting the left ramp and right ramps, then following the DmD or flashing lanes. They provide bonus and a medel when all are completed with decent points (I believe the final one is 8mil for completion). Another spot is the mission hole, located behing the alien drop targets, each mission awards a medal, and decent points. I believe the rule sheet has details on how to complete each mission, although the DmD should suffice for most of them. The other "Secret" about this table is preventing the invasion, just hit the captive ball to restart the timer (it also provides an EoB bonus)

    Thats a start anyway, if you do all the assignments and missions you should be well over 100M and have the majority of the medals.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    158

    Default

    I have not put in a whole lot of time with ED, but as far as score goes, the biggest boost I noticed was from lowering the threat level. Each time the threat level lowers, all point values are increased. Lowering it 3 times makes a HUGE difference in scores awarded. It can be lowered via a skill shot, as one of the rewards for completing assignments, and I believe for completing one of the missions (city destroyer I think).

    If an invasion starts and you fail to lock all the balls away before the flippers die, the threat level will go back up on you, so preventing the invasions is very important.

    As far as another guide goes, I would be definitely be up for tackling another one, but before I do that there is still a bunch of things I would like to add to the Blade guide. Once I am happy with the state of that guide I will try my hand at a guide for another table.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    159

    Default

    I'm greedy. I want a guide for them all lol. They have been extremely helpful. Nice one guys.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    141

    Default

    yeah ED is not my strong suit at all so if you wanted to tackle that at some point H.S i'd be glad to give you any input i can. As far as the blade table i have a decent sheet on EoB bonus' I've been meaning to get to you but i'm currently on vacation away from my xbox and computer (on my sisters now). when i get back on the 19th if you havent completed it yet, i will ship you the Word doc. I don't think it's "complete" but has majority of EoBB's and values.

    Excalubar on the other hand (tied for 1st as of now) I do feel pretty confident with, there are a few spots I'm unsure of (That darn helmet light in the left out lane, What is it for!!??!) but I think I could provide a good start for a guide. At least when it comes to what to do, as far as the "How to do" I'm not so sure on as I genneraly suck at "doing" in pinball compared to the leaderboards. As far as all the activations though, missions, kickbacks, extra balls, DUB bonus', I think it would be a start.

    I haven't put in alot of time with the marvel tables yet, especially Spider man and Iron Man. Blade i'm only as good as H.S's guide and Wolvorine I only know the basics, i have yet to activate the wizard mode (darn Silver samurai)

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    404

    Default

    We should consider a 'community' guide with everyone pitching in with info and tips on tables. Any info banded together would be helpful for players to get over the learning curve on some tables. Of course, there will always be people who horde info like it is gold and others who lambaste any attempt to put a non-complete (to their standards) guide together.

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    119

    Default

    Excalibur is the next table I am taking on. When I get pissed at Ironman, I always go onto Excalibur and have a play around and try and figure a few things out. Its a great table to just play and to me is the best looking table out of all of them. I just love the colours and that blue haired lady with purple lipstick just looks awesome. I also love how the table lights up, the catapult looks sweet with the view it gives, that weird dog/teddy bear hybrid thing lol..Just a sweet table.

    I guide for it could help me. They are all appreciated too

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    141

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OzV1 View Post
    Excalibur is the next table I am taking on. When I get pissed at Ironman, I always go onto Excalibur and have a play around and try and figure a few things out. Its a great table to just play and to me is the best looking table out of all of them. I just love the colours and that blue haired lady with purple lipstick just looks awesome. I also love how the table lights up, the catapult looks sweet with the view it gives, that weird dog/teddy bear hybrid thing lol..Just a sweet table.

    I guide for it could help me. They are all appreciated too

    That lady is Queen morgana. She trained a ruthless fifteen year old to seduce, and ultimatly take down the great Merlin! Why you ask? Because king Aurther was her brother by marraige, and he passed up her son for spot on the round table. Aurther figured he was too young and the other knight in consideration had already completed many quests and brought alot of glory to his name. Moragna was like "Skrew all that Jazz!, You're my brother, you pick my kid dude, not some outsider - I Hate you, Die! But that darn Merlin he'll know if I try to kill you (merlin could see the future, just not events regarding himself), So Morgana decided first she'd have to take care of him via his lust for young beautiful girls. She sent Vivian to seduce him and learn all his magical secrets (Morgana was also trained by merlin but he did not teach her everything as the world could not contain two mages as powerfull as him) So Vivan learns merlins magic then imprisons him in a web of magical energy and is all "I never loved you you're a creepy old man and now you're done, I'm the top dog. She's a bad B#%$*"

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    119

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Logic_FTW View Post
    That lady is Queen morgana. She trained a ruthless fifteen year old to seduce, and ultimatly take down the great Merlin! Why you ask? Because king Aurther was her brother by marraige, and he passed up her son for spot on the round table. Aurther figured he was too young and the other knight in consideration had already completed many quests and brought alot of glory to his name. Moragna was like "Skrew all that Jazz!, You're my brother, you pick my kid dude, not some outsider - I Hate you, Die! But that darn Merlin he'll know if I try to kill you (merlin could see the future, just not events regarding himself), So Morgana decided first she'd have to take care of him via his lust for young beautiful girls. She sent Vivian to seduce him and learn all his magical secrets (Morgana was also trained by merlin but he did not teach her everything as the world could not contain two mages as powerfull as him) So Vivan learns merlins magic then imprisons him in a web of magical energy and is all "I never loved you you're a creepy old man and now you're done, I'm the top dog. She's a bad B#%$*"
    Haha thanks for the laymans version man. Its amazing the stories behind some of these tables.

    Cool story, my mate popped over yesterday and was watching me play Pinball. I was showing him all the tables and he was also instantly struck down by Morgana. Now my mate is a real softie but he looks really mean because he has alot of tattoos. Both arm sleeves and they go onto his neck (not my cuppa tea, but anyway), all the usual skulls and dragons and fire, but when he seen Morgana he said "man I am going to incorporate that into my back tattoo". How sweet is that? This table looks that good that a guy thats never seen it wants to put a permanant picture of it on himself.

    His back tattoo is huge and a work in progress but when I see how he puts it in I will try and get some pics.

  11. #11

    Default

    Excalibur and Spiderman for me. Earth Defense would have been at the top for me but I started to figure stuff out. Still lots to understand though.

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    490

    Default

    I play Excalibur and Earth Defense more than any other table save for Biolab, and perhaps Secrets of the Deep...so those would by my choices. However, I'm also more familiar with them because of the time I've put in. I probably NEED more information on Pasha. LOL

    Still, I chose Excalibur.

  13. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    731

    Default

    For anyone considering doing a guide:

    a) a pre-emptive thanks for your efforts, and

    b) please consider making it a visual guide for those of us who are visual learners. Even just something as basic as arrows on a screenshot, showing specific shots and sequences, would be great.

    To Zen: I understand your arguments about the lack of a visual/interactive guide, but I really do think this is an area of the product that is lacking, particularly for new players. Even after many games on all your tables, there's an enormous amount I'd learn and better enjoy if only I could see certain things in action, instead of text.

    Cheers.

  14. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    731

  15. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    404

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Womble View Post
    Of course, if anyone wanted to do something like this...
    Or like this

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=seYQgDsKCec

  16. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    731

    Default

    I've been pestering Purple V0mit for ages, urging him to create more vids. I suspect he has taken out a restraining order on me.

    Someone else please badger him.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •