Thread: Pinball FX 2 Now A Possibility For A PC Release!!

Default Pinball FX 2 Now A Possibility For A PC Release!!

Regarding this post by Solitude.....

Quote Originally Posted by Solitude View Post
    No promises, but a PC version is now a possibility. I will push hard for multi-monitor output and vertical mode if it does happen.

It would appear that we might see a PC port of this great pinball simulator! I sooo want them to release a pc port of pinball fx 2 for the pc with 1-3 screen setup, would be the icing on the cake for my pincab.....

http://www.hyperspin-fe.com/forum/sh...1&postcount=76

See how much time and money I have pulled into this project Zen Studios and I'm not the only one theres 1000's of us, not to mention the rest who would be happy to play a PC port on just a normal 1 screen PC setup. I would be more than willing to offer my pincab for beta testing when the time comes Zen so keep me in mind!!?

So I just want to start this thread to show our support for a pc port!!, I'm going to try and get everyone from VPFourms, Gopinball and HyperPin to sign up here and post in this thread their support and hopefully we can kick start the whole process!!

KickBeaten Down

If we did a PC release, it would have to be on Steam. However, getting onto Steam is far from a sure thing. Maybe if they heard from enough people, they would be more likely to approve it.

If we did a PC release, it would have to be on Steam. However, getting onto Steam is far from a sure thing. Maybe if they heard from enough people, they would be more likely to approve it.
    That my plan my friend, expect a few more sign ups today

What about offering the donwload from your website, or though i know its better publicity to get it released on Steam aswell. What Steam's criteria for getting a game released on their servers?
    Last edited by lettuce; 02-05-2011 at 01:42 PM.

Default Please incorporate vertical screen!

I love this series, both on the 360 and PS3. I only have one request for a PC release. Please, add an option for vertical screen play. There are a lot of us pinball lovers that use vertical widescreens to emulate the playfield. In my eyes it is a must for a pc release. Thanks for listening! Mike.

Default Pinball FX2 Rules!

I love Pinball FX 2 on Xbox 360 and would gladly pay to have it on PC, especially if it had the following:

Command line launch support for use with HyperPin e.g. pbfx2.exe -table "Wolverine"

Multiple screen support (DMD, Playfield, Backglass)

Licensed recreations of classic machines

I posted about this a long time ago... http://195.56.170.66/forum/showthrea...=3825#post3825

Even though I already own PSN, XBLA and iPhone versions of all the Xen tables, I'd definitely be down for PC multi screen versions!
    Last edited by Dazz; 02-05-2011 at 04:26 PM.

Default I agree

I am a cab owner as well and I would buy it in a heart beat if 3 monitor support was intergrated into to your program.

Last edited by bent98; 02-06-2011 at 01:34 PM.

Count my vote for support on this project, it would be an awesome addition to many peoples pin cabs

I am also a virtual cab builder, and have several friends also planning a multi-screen build. I would definitely buy a multi-screen version of Pinball FX (at least 2 monitors) with top-down table view support.

Default Of course we would love this !

I for sure would support any porting over to PC.
    This thing would ROCK on my new built cab !

I would love to see a PC version myself.

If they do the software will have my full support to get users at my community to purchase the software including advertising.

Here is my cab, using only dual monitor setup instead of 3. 2nd monitor being rotated to show 2 different items, DMD and Backglass. So I'd like to see an option to support that sort of setup also. Or just show a dmd at a minimum on a 2nd monitor.

Once you play digital pinball like this, its really hard to play any other way

Default We would pay top dollar for Pinball FX2 on the PC

Add me to the list of pinball cabinet owners who would love to add the PC version of Pinball FX2 to my cabinet. As others have noted it would need the top down full screen view to be worthy of cabinet play.

Last edited by Blitz17; 02-05-2011 at 08:49 PM.

I own all the zen tables on xbox 360 but would love to have a PC version that supports vertical orientation and multiple monitors...basically what everyone else has requested. I would even pay a premium for these features. I think we all would!

Thanks,
    billpa

Default I second it coming to PC

Been a long time lover of pinball... Cant wait to see it for the PC... Here is my 3 Screen cab

The Kids would Love it =) And myself =)

H4CK3R

wooohooo, pc-support would be awesome!!!

there is also a big german community which is interested in a pc version... let's do it, you won't regret!

this is my 3 screen cabinet

cheers
    chris

I would also purchase this in a heartbeat, but only if it supported multi monitor set up. There are more and more cabinet builders out there. These people always have money and would have no problems buying quality tables as well as a decent simulator if it worked properly in their cabinet set ups.

Yes! If 3 monitor cab is supported I would buy it in a heartbeat!
    Here´s my cab:

Last edited by gStAv; 02-06-2011 at 09:57 AM.

would be awesome!, I have all the tables of Zen on PS3, but I like to play more in the PC .. Steam and think it would be a success because at the moment there is little supply of pinballs on Steam, and Steam is a platform for customers to increase like this world.

Default Another one from Germany...

I played PinballFX on my Xbox, like it very much and would appreciate a port to the PC, acraderender/vertical and two, or even better three screen setup!
    That would just be awsome!
    I'm quite sure, that there are a lot of pc gamers who would buy a new high quality commercial pinball game like yours!

Greetings,
    Passatuner

I don't even own an HDTV yet and my PC was on sale at Wal-Mart, but I'd still like to see this released to PC. I've played my roommate's on Xbox and it's great
    If Pinball FX ever got some sort of permission from Williams, Gottlieb, etc. to remake their tables, I would totally die, after completely vacating myself in my pants. I wouldn't mind being dead though, since this game would be in heaven. That's assuming I went there. But in hell they'd still probably have games like Gorgar, so maybe it wouldn't be so bad.

If a 3 monitor support coming up ill buy it!
    Here's my work in progress
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Let's make this happen!!

I'm all about this! I have the tables on my XBOX360 and love them! However, I would love them even more on my pincab!!

Thumbs up Yes !!

i would also love to play a PC Port of Pinball FX !!

Increible juego de pinball una version PC en FS seria hacer feliz a muchisimos usuarios

The PC Version would be amazing with a 3 screen Monitor!!!
    This is the best port you can do!! You can win a lot of people PC Pinball Addicts!!

Some pics of my 3 Screen Cab:

Regards!
    Last edited by Ext2k; 02-07-2011 at 11:04 PM.

Another vote here for a PC version which would support 3 screens.

I'm also in the process of building a cab so am mega interested. Also have Zen on the 360 but would definitely double dip to play these titles on a cabinet, and also my laptop.

Pinball was once the most popular coin-op game of our time, then consider how many untapped PC users there are out there versus the quality of your product. Please make it so!
    Last edited by thewool; 02-08-2011 at 09:15 AM.

KickBeaten Down

Nice setups! I wish I had room for one.

Those using 3 monitors, what video cards are you using?

Default video cards

Most setups use two Nvidia 250GTS 1GB cards.
    Myself and a few others use two Nvidia 275GTX 1792mb cards.

The more memory on the video card the better to run in Visual Pinball.
    All that will change when VP goes 3D vs sprite based.

Nice setups! I wish I had room for one.

Those using 3 monitors, what video cards are you using?
    You could make a mini pin solitude, with say a 27-32" playfield display??

Yeah most cabs use 2 cards (as i dont think any cards support 3 display outputs??) 1 card for the PF and the other card displays the dmd and backglass. Or though i guess if you guys do release a PC port you could incorporate the dmd with the backglass, but would be nice to have the option for 2 and 3 screen setups. Most cab users use a 250GTS and above, thats only cos Visual Pinball is an old prog and requires this, or though now a 250GTS is quite low level.

What do you think the graphic card specs would be for a Future Pinball FX PC port?

I'm using 2 Nvidia GTX260 896MB 1 for full HD 1920x1080 for playfield and the other for HD Backglass 2560x1600 and DMD with 640x480 resolution.
    The best performance for a real cab is using 3 screen monitor, for do this we need 2 graphic cards!
    The Pinball FX2 for PC with 3 screen setup will be awesome! and will be the best port at the moment. It's posible to agree some licences for real pinballs?
    I think you have an editor for create your tables, If you can create a pinball editor for 3 screen setup and rom support we can see the best pinball program in the history.
    Sorry for my english :P

Regards!

Another Cabinet owner here! (I'll refrain from posting a picture though, plenty of that by now).

I would absolutely immediately buy a PC version of Pinball FX and all available tables, IF it had the ability to play right on a 3 screen cabinet. Ideally, I guess it would be the option to render the table, backbox, and scoreboard in separate windows that you can position/size as needed so that it would work for everyone.

Another full size cab owner and another pledge to buy if this is released with 3 screen or multi windows for backbox, dmd and playfield as suggested.

Cab running 2 x nvidia 450gtx

I want to see this as well as the first Pinball FX released for the pc. I have no problem with it being on Steam.

This would rule!

^^ that already rules. Nice cabs people.

Me too for a PC version, pretty please

Default I vote More Pinball for PC! Please...

I too have a pincab, and have nearly every pin sim I can get my hands on, If I can Add it to my Cabinet Two HD Screens! Heck Yes!

Do it guys.....

BigDpinball

im drooling looking at those cabs guys, no way i could afford one at the moment or have the space but maybe a smaller version would be doable ,
    zen if you do a pc version with multi monitor support and maybe even an editor there is one heck of a user base out there, and have you tried visual pinball ? theres some amazingly talanted people making tables

Default Marvel or fx 2 for pc cabinets?...consider it purchased

My pinball cabinet is only two screens, but, without question, I would buy both the fx 2 and marvel pinball made by Zen studios if they were ported to work on pc cabinets. Let me know when it happens and I'll have my credit card ready!!!

Default PC-release

Heres another cabowner.Sign me up for the PC-version!

If you want, I can build you guys a cab using a loose " standard " of what we use in your cabs so that you can use it to test and apply needed changes.

I have built 3 cabs, and countless PC's for our user base.

Charles

please, please, please!! a pc version would be awsome

So Solitude, has there been any advancement on the possible development for a PC version?

Quote Originally Posted by lettuce View Post
    So Solitude, has there been any advancement on the possible development for a PC version?
    I am also interested if there has been any advancement on this front...

Steam looks like your best option for PC... Any luck dealing with Valve?

Sign me up. Can't wait.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Well here's my pincab, now gives us a PC version to play it on

Another vote for a PC release!
    Many thanks for listening

i have registered just to give my vote for this great game. btw there is no new pinball on pc for some time, so this is certain hit. zen would do great thing both for them and pc users.

Just wondering if any progress has been made on the PC port?

I would love to hear some good news

Solitude, any news on weather there will be a PC port at all??

KickBeaten Down

It's still a possibility. I think it will happen eventually, but not sure when.

Default Cant wait!!

Can't wait for this to happen...

Been waiting for a long time to get some great games on the PC.

Current building two more pincabs... Both with a OC 5.5 ghtz i7 2600K set up.

Please release this asap =)

H4CK3R

I really hope they can release on Steam...

Own the xbox 360 version and have most tables for it (getting the rest soon) but would buy all again in a heartbeat if you decide to release it on Steam.

I registered on this forum to voice my support for FX to come to PC/Steam. I don't have a console but have been playing Timeshock, Big Race USA, and Fantastic Journey since they came out. Day one purchase for me!

I own the x-box version and most of the tables. I would buy a PC version on day 1 as well and would definitely like to see multi-monitor support for a cabinet.

I also would buy a pc version of this game on day 1. You guys did an awsome job on this game and should sell nicely.

Default PC!!

I'm way overjoyed to hear that we might finally have a PC version of Zen coming!

Hopefully once this heat dies down in Texas I can finish up my new pincab build. This is a 3 screen setup, using the Pinball 2000 style cabinet. Only 2 screens will be visible at all times, the 3rd screen projects the score down and reflects off the glass. This gives an almost holographic view of the score and places it in a natural position for viewing. It will overlay the playfield image a little, but it does not impede gameplay.

Here are a couple things to keep in mind for the PC build.

Please allow for a top down view with at least 2 screen support! 3 screens would be great, but we can do without if we have to. The second screen should be the backglass/score or backglass only, while the 3rd screen is the score. Also, allow for the users to rotate and flip (flip applies to 3rd screen for some users) each of the screens as needed. Playfields are rotated at 270 degrees so the bottom of the screen is located to the players left.

Most pincab owners use pretty good hardware. Cabs usually have 2 video cards with a minimum of 1gb. Most people use the best video card for the playfield screen only, and the second for the backglass and DMD(score). nVidia hardware has been found to work best in our setups with our current software limitations.

If you guys need any help or specific information when it comes to our multi screen setups please feel free to contact me.

Been working a new build here too.

I live here in Vegas, and I have talked to a few people that would love to use my cab at CES in 2012.

Would love to show off your game in my cab.

Please contact me if you need help or want any advise to help see this possible with our set ups.

Like Dazz said, most of use only the best computer parts, quad core 3.6 or better with Nvidia 250 GTX's or better. ( Mine personally is a i7 2600k oc to 5.5 with 2 260 gtx 1.7 gig cards. )

I can even drive my cab out to your studio for testing purposes, Everyone that has built a cab comes from Hyperspin-fe.com and its a great community!

We are all willing to do what ever to see thats come true.

Charles

aka H4CK3R

I spent some good quality time with the Zen tables on my PS3 this afternoon and also bought the new Marvel table. All of the tables are beautiful and play great.

There are a couple issues that I'd like to see changed on the PC version. I may be being picky, but if you really want to appeal to the PC market the pincab builders are the ones to target. We spend a lot of money to get our cabinets built, top of the line displays, top of the line computer components, LED lighting, force feedback shaker motors and solenoids, etc. There are a couple things that we would like to expect in a PC version.

1. Load times seem to be quite long on the PS3. It takes me about 2 minutes from the Zen GUI, select table, to ball launch. Hopefully the PC version can be done without the long load times.

2. Way to launch tables without a GUI. On the PS3 the player has to select the table they want to play via the GUI. For PC we'd love to have a way to launch directly into the table via a command line. This would allow for us to be able to seamlessly incorporate into our pincab interfaces.

I'm sure I have more, but that's all for now.

Default +1 for PC

And honestly, as long as you leave hooks for the community, we can tweak it for cabs (grin). It doesn't even have to explicitly have "multimonitor" support. Just let the table itself run full screen rotated 90 degrees CCW and let the DMD be in a movable window and anything else is gravy. If you can expose some of the variables in config files (things like rendering angles and whatnot) all the better.

I get that the cabinet builders of the world may not be a HUGE market, but we're a very vocal and influential one. The key thing is just being able to play rotated FS.

Beta testing? Sign me up!

Just wanted to echo everyone else in this thread. I am very excited to see Zen Pinball coming to PC solely for playing on a full sized pincab. I own all of your tables on Xbox 360. Load times don't seem to be as long as the PS3...and I could live with some loading. As Dazz said, it would be very important to us if we could launch tables via a command line as well as rotated multi monitor support. We have a great community and all of us are willing to help out in any way possible. So please keep us in mind.

Thanks!
    billpa

+1 plus add the ability to change key mapping... Most of us use a Ipac or a DIY kit. for mapping our keys to the left flipper, right, launch ball button or a digital plunger, ect.

Like i said before, I would gladly drive my pin to your studios for testing purpose, ect.

I would even skin my cab to enhance it to say Zen Pinball!!! LOL Free marketing =p

Charles

aka

H4CK3R

Thumbs up love

I would love to be able to get this through steam. Steam is easily the best service on PC and there haven't been any good PC pinball games FOR AGES. Can't wait!

Whats the possibility of us see a PC release before the end of 2011, or is 2012 more realistic?

This gets my vote for a pc version also. I don't have a cab but I would love either a steam release or retail whatever is possible. I loved the Pro Pinball series on the pc from years ago and I have been wanting a decent new pinball game. I would love to be able to get the first game on pc as well.

KickBeaten Down

It won't be done this year, for sure.

Is there any chance in some upcoming update we could get an option for arcade camera (fixed, overhead like you see on those cabinet pictures), 270 degree rotated view on xbox 360 version? I'm not sure if xbox 360 supports screen rotation, but if it's relatively easy to do, it would allow a lot of us to put xbox 360's in our cabinets for this even if it only supported one monitor.

I registered just to say a PC release would be awesome! I'd love to play PFX2 on my MAME cabinet that has pinball buttons on the side and I hope to eventually get a full virtual pinball cabinet.

Keep in mind that having a virtual pinball machine with PFX2 running on it on 2-3 screens would be a great marketing opportunity for gaming conventions and trade shows. Turn 10 got a lot of buzz for Forza 3 going when they showed it off on custom triple-screen cockpit setups. Most people did not set up their own triple-screen setup at home, of course (I actually did), but it definitely got extra attention. It wasn't something most people had seen before or really knew was possible; much like a virtual pinball cabinet.

Sites like Joystiq would be more likely to post something about it, too. Actually, they've already been posting a fair bit about PFX lately - I think the Mrs Splosion man table gets some credit for that.

One feature request besides those already mentioned: the ability to disable ball trail effects independently of score pop-ups. I don't think the ball trail would be necessary on a full screen cabinet, but I do like the score pop-ups, especially when trying to learn a new table.

Dont have cab, but i would really love this pinball on my PC, i was amazed on xbox 360, and PC is far better machine atm!
    Any info when it mite happen, if at all...?

Man I'm jealous of all these cabs... as a poor student I could not afford one at the moment, but maybe in the future...

While I find it great that some of you are willing to help Zen with your cabs, drive a cab to their studio, and so on... you do know that Zen Studios is in Hungary, right?

Pretty long drive probably for most of you

+ 10 from me as well.

I am actually the other way around. Zen Pinball got me back into real pinball machines, and I am now starting to build my cab.

No doubt it would be a blast to have a three-screens port for PC!

Please Zen, it seems like there is a huge demand for it, I think it is worth it, for you, for us, and for Pinball's sake

Default Sign me up

Here's another cab owner that would absolutely love to have this on a 3 screen pc version. I would pay triple whatever you're asking regular users to be able to play these games on my cab! I already own all of your tables on my xbox 360. Here's my cab in it's current state.. working on finishing up the final button wiring and then I"ll be putting on the graphics.

I should mention that many of us take our cabinets to pinball shows where they are played by hundreds if not thousands of people over the course of a weekend. PinballFX being displayed on any of these cabinets would be a great advertisement for your company.

Last edited by aftcarton; 11-10-2011 at 07:50 AM.

Count me in! At least a 2 screen setup would be awesome!

Hi everybody! I 've just registered to vote for a new quality pinball game for PC...Pinball FX2 tables already rock on other platforms and pc users need a version too.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Pacman View Post
    Hi everybody! I 've just registered to vote for a new quality pinball game for PC...Pinball FX2 tables already rock on other platforms and pc users need a version too.
    Count me in.
    I buy all the 360 tables as they are released. My ipod, I bought all the tables for that so I could play on the go. The missing element is the PC.
    I would gladly pay 3 times for every table you put out.

SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONIES!

Seriously. Get talking to those Steam folks.

Just a question (Okay, Many Questions...), since I've always wanted to own a Pinball Machine but always worried about Upkeep and Maintenance;

How much does the Average Pincab run to make including Shell investment and Screen/Interior Hardware?

How much would you owners say it usually runs to maintain (ie Replacement Parts not the normal Power Consumption)?

How easy or difficult would it be for someone who has some computer-building experience?

What is the usual Operating System Structure for a Pincab (ie Linux, Windows, Mac-OSX)?

Personally I would love to build one myself for my own use sometime in the next few years if/when I can afford it. However I'm sure others would also want to know such information for themselves.
    Beat Ms Splosion-Man Wizard Mode on 12/15/2011
    Beat Sorcerer's Lair Wizard Mode on 12/17/2011

I don't have a fancy cabinet or anything, but I would love to see this available of the PC (& mac?). Any news on that front?

I am a cab owner as well and I would buy it in a heart beat if 3 monitor support was intergrated into to your program.
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by seaking177 View Post
    I sure hope it won't require Windows 8. So does that mean it isn't going to be on Steam? Are they gonna get some kind of Space Cadet deal and get it pre-loaded with Windows 8? That seems cool and all, but I'd buy it if it was released on Steam. I'm not a cabinet owner - just a PC owner who would like to play the game.

Default Cabinet PLEASE!

I would kill to be able to play this game vertically in my cabinet!

KickBeaten Down

Quote Originally Posted by rooter View Post
    I would kill to be able to play this game vertically in my cabinet!
    We're hoping it won't come to that!

We're hoping it won't come to that!
    No news in a long time, I'll start cleaning out the basement.

I'm simply amazed at how many people actually have the 3 screen cab builds. I would really have someone build mines for me with the specs that was given here. Those cabs look AMAZING! I'm not much of a builder at all, but would love to participate in getting one done for me.

Anyway, I'll sign for a PC release!
    PSN ID- RayCrocheron82
    Gamertag- RAFIE82
    YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
    Nintendo ID- Rafie82

Tables Wishlist- Hanna-Barbera 4 pack, Holiday table, DC tables, or any Zen table...even if it's My Little Pony

If we did a PC release, it would have to be on Steam.
    Pardon me, but why would it have to be on Steam? I understand that it would have to be a digital release, but there are loads of stores besides Steam and releasing to as many of them as you can would be best as not everyone uses every store.

Some examples of my favoured stores would be GamersGate, GOG.com, Desura.

I'd love a PC release, but I wouldn't touch it if I had to use a DRM'd store.

KickBeaten Down

Quote Originally Posted by SirPrimalform View Post
    Pardon me, but why would it have to be on Steam? I understand that it would have to be a digital release, but there are loads of stores besides Steam and releasing to as many of them as you can would be best as not everyone uses every store.

Some examples of my favoured stores would be GamersGate, GOG.com, Desura.

I'd love a PC release, but I wouldn't touch it if I had to use a DRM'd store.
    Steam has built-in support for the DLC model we want to use, which makes development easier and lowers risk. I like those other stores as well (been using GamersGate since it launched, as I'm a fan of Paradox' strategy games), but it would take a lot more effort to get the game there than on Steam - and the Steam audience is much larger.

Is there some specific issue with Steam DRM that you have, or are you just philosophically opposed to DRM in any form?

Steam has built-in support for the DLC model we want to use, which makes development easier and lowers risk. I like those other stores as well (been using GamersGate since it launched, as I'm a fan of Paradox' strategy games), but it would take a lot more effort to get the game there than on Steam - and the Steam audience is much larger.

Is there some specific issue with Steam DRM that you have, or are you just philosophically opposed to DRM in any form?
    Honestly, it's mostly philosophical. Specifically I'm opposed to online activation (and having to run the client to play). I have tried it and did not like it one bit.

Desura also has a client and supports a similar DLC model, but they're DRM agnostic and you don't need the client running to start the games.

Having seen the big Windows 8 version forum though, it looks like you're going to make it a metro app anyway which kind of rules out Steam (and anywhere else), not to mention my computer (I plan to stick with W7 a while longer).

Thanks for taking the time to reply though!

Sorry to revive an older thread... but with Steam's new "Greenlight" program, could this still not happen for the current OS? I personally see no use in using Windows 8 on a desktop... tablet maybe, laptop with a touchscreen sure... but not a desktop. I love this series. I own it for Xbox360, iOS, & PS3. I want it for my PC. Pinball Arcade is in Greenlight... so why can't Zen?

Again, I apologize for reviving this oldish post.

I join all my friends possessors of a cabinet like me to ask to have that fabulous game inside ....

Strangeleo72 in VPFORUMS!

dsc5273copy.jpg