Pinball FX 2 Now A Possibility For A PC Release!!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lodan
    • Dec 2011

Just a question (Okay, Many Questions...), since I've always wanted to own a Pinball Machine but always worried about Upkeep and Maintenance;

How much does the Average Pincab run to make including Shell investment and Screen/Interior Hardware?

How much would you owners say it usually runs to maintain (ie Replacement Parts not the normal Power Consumption)?

How easy or difficult would it be for someone who has some computer-building experience?

What is the usual Operating System Structure for a Pincab (ie Linux, Windows, Mac-OSX)?

Personally I would love to build one myself for my own use sometime in the next few years if/when I can afford it. However I'm sure others would also want to know such information for themselves.
    Beat Ms Splosion-Man Wizard Mode on 12/15/2011
    Beat Sorcerer's Lair Wizard Mode on 12/17/2011

Comment

• CaseyRobinson
      • Jan 2012

I don't have a fancy cabinet or anything, but I would love to see this available of the PC (& mac?). Any news on that front?

Comment

• PinballLooking
        • Feb 2012

I am a cab owner as well and I would buy it in a heart beat if 3 monitor support was intergrated into to your program.
        Thanks.

Comment

• seaking177
          • Jan 2012

make what you want from it.

Comment

• Bungle
            • Mar 2012

Originally posted by seaking177
            I sure hope it won't require Windows 8. So does that mean it isn't going to be on Steam? Are they gonna get some kind of Space Cadet deal and get it pre-loaded with Windows 8? That seems cool and all, but I'd buy it if it was released on Steam. I'm not a cabinet owner - just a PC owner who would like to play the game.

Comment

• rooter
              • Mar 2012

Cabinet PLEASE!

I would kill to be able to play this game vertically in my cabinet!

Comment

• Solitude
                KickBeaten Down
                • Mar 2010

Originally posted by rooter
                I would kill to be able to play this game vertically in my cabinet!
                We're hoping it won't come to that!

Comment

• rooter
                  • Mar 2012

Originally posted by Solitude
                  We're hoping it won't come to that!
                  No news in a long time, I'll start cleaning out the basement.

Comment

• Rafie
                    • May 2012

I'm simply amazed at how many people actually have the 3 screen cab builds. I would really have someone build mines for me with the specs that was given here. Those cabs look AMAZING! I'm not much of a builder at all, but would love to participate in getting one done for me.

Anyway, I'll sign for a PC release!
                    PSN ID- RayCrocheron82
                    Gamertag- RAFIE82
                    YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
                    Nintendo ID- Rafie82

Tables Wishlist- Hanna-Barbera 4 pack, Holiday table, DC tables, or any Zen table...even if it's My Little Pony

Comment

• SirPrimalform
                      • Jul 2012

If we did a PC release, it would have to be on Steam.
                      Pardon me, but why would it have to be on Steam? I understand that it would have to be a digital release, but there are loads of stores besides Steam and releasing to as many of them as you can would be best as not everyone uses every store.

Some examples of my favoured stores would be GamersGate, GOG.com, Desura.

I'd love a PC release, but I wouldn't touch it if I had to use a DRM'd store.

Comment

• Solitude
                        KickBeaten Down
                        • Mar 2010

Originally posted by SirPrimalform
                        Pardon me, but why would it have to be on Steam? I understand that it would have to be a digital release, but there are loads of stores besides Steam and releasing to as many of them as you can would be best as not everyone uses every store.

Some examples of my favoured stores would be GamersGate, GOG.com, Desura.

I'd love a PC release, but I wouldn't touch it if I had to use a DRM'd store.
                        Steam has built-in support for the DLC model we want to use, which makes development easier and lowers risk. I like those other stores as well (been using GamersGate since it launched, as I'm a fan of Paradox' strategy games), but it would take a lot more effort to get the game there than on Steam - and the Steam audience is much larger.

Is there some specific issue with Steam DRM that you have, or are you just philosophically opposed to DRM in any form?

Comment

• SirPrimalform
                          • Jul 2012

Steam has built-in support for the DLC model we want to use, which makes development easier and lowers risk. I like those other stores as well (been using GamersGate since it launched, as I'm a fan of Paradox' strategy games), but it would take a lot more effort to get the game there than on Steam - and the Steam audience is much larger.

Is there some specific issue with Steam DRM that you have, or are you just philosophically opposed to DRM in any form?
                          Honestly, it's mostly philosophical. Specifically I'm opposed to online activation (and having to run the client to play). I have tried it and did not like it one bit.

Desura also has a client and supports a similar DLC model, but they're DRM agnostic and you don't need the client running to start the games.

Having seen the big Windows 8 version forum though, it looks like you're going to make it a metro app anyway which kind of rules out Steam (and anywhere else), not to mention my computer (I plan to stick with W7 a while longer).

Thanks for taking the time to reply though!

Comment

• CJDJ
                            • Sep 2012

Sorry to revive an older thread... but with Steam's new "Greenlight" program, could this still not happen for the current OS? I personally see no use in using Windows 8 on a desktop... tablet maybe, laptop with a touchscreen sure... but not a desktop. I love this series. I own it for Xbox360, iOS, & PS3. I want it for my PC. Pinball Arcade is in Greenlight... so why can't Zen?

Again, I apologize for reviving this oldish post.

Comment

• strangeleo
                              • Dec 2012

I join all my friends possessors of a cabinet like me to ask to have that fabulous game inside ....

Strangeleo72 in VPFORUMS!

dsc5273copy.jpg

Comment

Working...