Thread: Nightmare Mansion. A few questions

Default Nightmare Mansion. A few questions

I have just started to play this table recently and am actually surprised its not rated more highly amongst players. I know its not the best table but what I really like about it is how easy it feels to keep the ball in play. No bad outlanes and a ball save can basically be active alot of the time and all the shots are pretty easy to make. Multiballs are very easy to get going. Anyway I just never seem to see or hear anyone talk about it.

Ok I have just come off quite a long game by my standards and have always had a couple of questions about the table that I can't work out.

1. How am I obtaining the extra balls? I always seem to end up with five but never have any idea how I got them.

2. Is the skull in the cavern where you activate the modes worth going for? I mean does something happen if I hit it a few times? It seems there is little incentive to go for it, I normally just light the GO MODE lights and drop out.

3. The fourth game mode I have no idea what I do but seem to still do it. Nothing is lit or flashing on the table but I hear smashing like a glass breaking sound. Obviously I am hitting something but its only out of luck because I can't see what I am supposed to hit.

4. I came so close to getting the last mode done with 17/20 bumper hits but again mostly from luck. Any reliable way to get the ball into the bumpers? I normally try the left orbit to top flipper and try to hit early on the top flipper to get in the gap thats there but its far from reliable. Also tryed to shoot straight up from left flipper but just seems to go straight up and down.

5. Is there a wizard mode after the 5th mission?

Any help would be appreciated. I know not alot of people play this table but nowhere else really talks about this game in any sort of depth.

On a sidenote I finally got to hear the words "Start Wizard Mode" on a pinball table today, something I thought wasn't possible a few months ago. I know its not much to some here but man I felt really "pro". Not in an egotistical way but more like "I've made it". It was on Wolverine btw and I know Clone Chaos is Spidermans Wizard mode but it seems pretty easy to get to. I would have never expected to see the "last page" on Wolverine. Anyway just thought I would share that

I was banging around on this last night but I really won't be much help because I could not figure out that four 'lanes' to complete mode one LOL. I hit the two orbits and got sound fx but could not figure out what the heck the other two 'lanes' are because I swear i hit everything on the freaking table!
    Congrats on wizard mode on Wolverine! I have only gotten wizard mode on Biolab and Spiderman.It is an awesome feeling, finally putting it all together in one game!

Quote Originally Posted by rapierdwit View Post
    I was banging around on this last night but I really won't be much help because I could not figure out that four 'lanes' to complete mode one LOL. I hit the two orbits and got sound fx but could not figure out what the heck the other two 'lanes' are because I swear i hit everything on the freaking table!
    Congrats on wizard mode on Wolverine! I have only gotten wizard mode on Biolab and Spiderman.It is an awesome feeling, finally putting it all together in one game!
    Im not exactly sure but that may be the one where you just need to hit one orbit once and the other twice. This is how I do this one even though again I am still not entirely sure what the exact method is because it seems to not always work and I have to repeat it a couple of times.

Thanks man, the thing was I wasn't even really trying to get to it. I have never unlocked the multiball on Wolverine and just wanted to see it, so I spent most of the game just trying to get that. The Samurai does look spectacular the way he goes all "electric" and lights up. Before I knew it I realised I only had to do the hand ninjas and I was there.

Also I should clarify my question regarding extra balls. I don't get 5 extra balls but always end with 5 balls total, so 2 extra balls without even knowing how I got them.

Quote Originally Posted by OzV1 View Post
    2. Is the skull in the cavern where you activate the modes worth going for? I mean does something happen if I hit it a few times? It seems there is little incentive to go for it, I normally just light the GO MODE lights and drop out.
    A hard skull shot nets you 100,000, a medium one is 50,000 and a light gets you 10,000. Not sure if there is a bonus for doing it multiple times per visit.

Quote Originally Posted by rapierdwit View Post
    A hard skull shot nets you 100,000, a medium one is 50,000 and a light gets you 10,000. Not sure if there is a bonus for doing it multiple times per visit.
    Yeah thats the "no incentive" I am talking about. 100k is barely worth the effort. I guess 1 each for the 5 missions is 500k but still hardly worth it. I just don't want to keep overlooking it and find out later its some super secret 10x score multiplier or something like that. Also the orbit shots in the cavern seem to have little effect on the score also.

Can anyone tell me what "Wizard Mode" is?

Quote Originally Posted by The Albin0 Rhin0 View Post
    Can anyone tell me what "Wizard Mode" is?
    Some tables if you complete all missions or objectives, it will then go into a wizard mode. In these modes ramps/targets are worth huge points. Thats the basics of it anyway.

Yeah thats the "no incentive" I am talking about. 100k is barely worth the effort. I guess 1 each for the 5 missions is 500k but still hardly worth it. I just don't want to keep overlooking it and find out later its some super secret 10x score multiplier or something like that. Also the orbit shots in the cavern seem to have little effect on the score also.
    There's n EOB for whaking the dead one as well. No its not really worth it. BATS is where its at, other then the missions.

Im not exactly sure but that may be the one where you just need to hit one orbit once and the other twice. This is how I do this one even though again I am still not entirely sure what the exact method is because it seems to not always work and I have to repeat it a couple of times.

Thanks man, the thing was I wasn't even really trying to get to it. I have never unlocked the multiball on Wolverine and just wanted to see it, so I spent most of the game just trying to get that. The Samurai does look spectacular the way he goes all "electric" and lights up. Before I knew it I realised I only had to do the hand ninjas and I was there.

Also I should clarify my question regarding extra balls. I don't get 5 extra balls but always end with 5 balls total, so 2 extra balls without even knowing how I got them.
    First shot - far left orbit
    second shot - right orbit (above extral flipper)
    third shot - use extra flipper to shoot ramp above basement entrance
    fourth shot - tree ramp.

Quote Originally Posted by fubar View Post
    First shot - far left orbit
    second shot - right orbit (above extral flipper)
    third shot - use extra flipper to shoot ramp above basement entrance
    fourth shot - tree ramp.
    Yea, I finally figured that out. I was hitting the Basement entrance instead of the ramp and could not tell which I was hitting.

2nd mission is alternating Left/Right Orbits

3rd is right orbit and tree ramp alternating.