Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cloda
    Pinball Wizard
    • Nov 2010

I had no idea that Spiderman had such spamming possibilities... I was wondering how the heck the guys managed to get such huge scores? Anyways, I'm done with the table. My goal was to score 1 Billion and I managed it (without I think any crazy boosts per shot... I think in the pre clone mode my scores per shot was around 4 million) and am now rather playing the other tables that are much more technical and involved (and fun!!!).

I would support a table reset and rulesheet change for the sole reason that this tables scoring is disproportionate to all the other tables (as has been discussed above). It thus makes the super-score not really mean that much... maybe Zen can bring in some other score aggregate where your score is calculated by a score weighting being assigned to each table (e.g. your score on Rome is worth much more than your score on Spiderman). The weighting can be adjusted over time by the average scores being achieved on each table by all players. The most difficult tables will have the lowest average score and will thus have the highest weighting in this scoring aggregate. I think a holes stroke value in Golf is a similar concept.

In the end it would be much easier though if Zen just brings Spidermans scoring potential (through and updated rulesheet) into proportion to the other tables.
    Last edited by Cloda; 06-26-2011, 07:09 PM.
    XBox One Gamertag - PinStratsDan

Pinball FX3 Tips & Strategy Guide YouTube Channel - PinStratsDan

Discord server - PinStratsDan

Twitter - PinStratsDan

Facebook - PinStratsDan

Cloda's somewhat vain and sort of self-indulgent thread

Comment

• Zuprichy
      • Jun 2011

Originally posted by Hypno74
      Personally I do not approve the registration of levels, it should not exist.
      I also think that the SuperScore should not be counted with the points but with the rankings
      Totally agree...and wouldn't be so complicated to do.
      "The heart reveals what smiles betray" - Rise against

Comment

• Nekro Neko
        • Oct 2010

Originally posted by OzV1
        Whats "unethical" is using a known 40x glitch to put up a high score.
        Touche, though it wasn't something I've been proud of, I could beat the score I posted though I'm sure without that glitch. I think you have read me wrong, I do not condone cheating and I am against it, I was simply curious when I did that exploit. It is also perfectly reasonable to suggest that that exploit can be executed purely by accident too. I haven't played that table much since and waiting for a patch and reset before attacking the table again.

I also work as a moderator on a highscore based website, testing to see how a table can be broken is key knowledge and why Fantastic Four is currently not added whereas Spider has been.
        Last edited by Nekro Neko; 06-26-2011, 08:49 PM.

Comment

• KGSoloman8000
          • Jan 2011

Originally posted by OzV1
          Whats "unethical" is using a known 40x glitch to put up a high score.
          The glitch was first discovered by RC Racer, and Nekro was just the first one to test it out. You can't really hold that against him too much. Of course, everyone knows he shouldn't have finished the game and allowed it to post the the leaderboards... But maybe he did the right thing to point out to Zen what is possible with a DRAIN! I have no doubt that F4 will see a LB reset, so his boosted score is only temporary...

Sorry to hijack this thread and use it for SM bashing... I just really have negative feelings about this particular table.

I just see it way too often, add a guy to your friends list... His superscore is around 4k so you think he might be a pretty good player, until you look at his scores for each table. 3+ billion on SM, and sub 50MM scores on every other table... What does that tell you?

I'm glad to hear most of you guys agree with me on this issue. I wonder if Zen has something lined up for Spider-Man in the future... I can only hope.

But like I said earlier in another thread... I don't want Zen to take a break releasing new tables to fix the current ones. I can live with the flaws of Spider-Man, like I said I haven't touched it in months. It just throws the superscore out of whack for people (like me) who don't feel like abusing SM to the fullest.

I am looking forward to the FX2.5 patch to see what it brings to the table. I have a feeling a majority of our complaints will be addressed in this major update.

I think it is expected this fall, but I'm not sure where I read that info... so it could be completely false.

EDIT: Here is quote from Solitude that he posted in the Captain America thread...

Originally posted by Solitude
          It's funny. I designed several new systems for Pinball FX2 without having played the last couple CoD games, and it turns out that several features were nearly identical to CoD's, including the one you mention.

It's not coming until late next year probably, but it's definitely the next major step for the game.
          I don't know if we are referring to the same patch, but if so I was way off and it will be coming out late 2012. I wonder how many tables the FX2 library will have by then... 40 I hope .
          Last edited by KGSoloman8000; 06-26-2011, 10:24 PM.

Comment

• rapierdwit
            • Jan 2011

Originally posted by Hypno74
            Personally I do not approve the registration of levels, it should not exist.
            I also think that the SuperScore should not be counted with the points but with the rankings
            An overall ranking system that combines your current rank on all the tables would be perfect. But I am sure someone will have a problem with it.

As for other other topic in this thread: considering Zen has not even officially acknowledged the FF 40x glitch, If you are holding your breath for a leader board reset, you may be without air for a long time. Might as well hold your breath for a Frenzy Multiball change on Buccaneer, Witch's Score removal on Nightmare Mansion, Air Stike Multi-ball change on Earth Defense or any number of other grinds on Zen's tables that "throw off the scoring."

Comment

• Womble
              • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Cloda
              In the end it would be much easier though if Zen just brings Spidermans scoring potential (through and updated rulesheet) into proportion to the other tables.
              IMO, a bigger issue is the one of SuperScore.

I just don't think it works as a concept, because every table has different scoring potentials. Compare Iron Man to MARS, for example.

I think the SupersScore needs a different kind of metric, where games are rated according to some per-game "par" score, instead of being compared against the scores of other tables.

That way, it'd be perfectly fine for some table to award you billions in multiball, and some other tables to award you thousands.

Anywaaaaaaay, a big thanks to Hypno74 for taking the time to make and post the video. I don't think anyone here can seriously doubt his skills. (Certainly far better than me on this table!)
              Last edited by Womble; 06-26-2011, 11:18 PM.

Comment

• heathenSauce
                • Nov 2010

A different metric for superscore would be a welcome change. Either base it on rank on each table, or a weight system where certain tables are worth different amounts based on a constantly evolving average or 'par' score for the table based on current leaderboard progression, as others have suggested.

That still doesn't fix my main gripe with Spiderman, which is the carry-over from game to game. It completely destroys any competition value this table has, as not all players start on even footing. People who have owned the table longer, and played more have an edge, hard coded into the rules of the table, over people who just bought and started playing the table.

Comment

• OzV1
                  • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Nekro Neko
                  Touche, though it wasn't something I've been proud of, I could beat the score I posted though I'm sure without that glitch. I think you have read me wrong, I do not condone cheating and I am against it, I was simply curious when I did that exploit. It is also perfectly reasonable to suggest that that exploit can be executed purely by accident too. I haven't played that table much since and waiting for a patch and reset before attacking the table again.

I also work as a moderator on a highscore based website, testing to see how a table can be broken is key knowledge and why Fantastic Four is currently not added whereas Spider has been.
                  Fair enough, I really just read your comment and couldn't resist because while personally I don't like the scoring of SM table and how it throws things out of whack, it is the rules of the table so any score posted on this table, no matter how high is all fair play. Exploiting a known glitch, that isn't part of table rules, "just to see" is not fair play imo. It had already been pointed out and found by accident and Zen hadn't at the time and still haven't given any official word of what they are going to do with the F4 table. I actually love the concept of being able to line something up, strategy/scoring wise in a game with the 40x flaming ball and pull off a good score but that ballout thing has made me (and I know others) not want to play the table.

For the record though I don't think you are some huge cheater, I know your a good pinball player and overall gamer, its just when you do stuff like this it can always leave a black mark. Granted, by you doing it, it was pointed out and "proven" but like I said above, this was already done and could have been tested and proven by the people who designed the table with the information that had been provided.

As for Spiderman, I think if they are going to change it to be more inline with other tables, it just maybe needs limits to how much you can raise the levels or make extra balls harder to get. Just my ideas though, fans of this table probably wouldn't want anything changed and I can understand that because there is nothing I would change about my favourite tables.

Comment

• rapierdwit
                    • Jan 2011

Originally posted by heathenSauce
                    That still doesn't fix my main gripe with Spiderman, which is the carry-over from game to game. It completely destroys any competition value this table has, as not all players start on even footing. People who have owned the table longer, and played more have an edge, hard coded into the rules of the table, over people who just bought and started playing the table.
                    Three words. Call of Duty.
                    I respect everyone's opinion of it (Especially Your opinion Heathen), and I see the pros and cons. That being said, I can't say I fault Zen for taking different approaches in an attempt to prolong the multi-player/challenge aspect of the game. Spiderman may be the Table equivalent of the Noob Tube but I like that they took the chance and the "casual" audience seems to adore this table (Check out Zen's Facebook) even if they are the ones would would be most negatively affected by not playing it all the time.
                    As I said previously, an overall ranking taking all of your table ranks into account would seem to be the best system and would be an incentive for anyone to purchase all the tables.

Comment

• heathenSauce
                      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by rapierdwit
                      Three words. Call of Duty.
                      I respect everyone's opinion of it (Especially Your opinion Heathen), and I see the pros and cons. That being said, I can't say I fault Zen for taking different approaches in an attempt to prolong the multi-player/challenge aspect of the game. Spiderman may be the Table equivalent of the Noob Tube but I like that they took the chance and the "casual" audience seems to adore this table (Check out Zen's Facebook) even if they are the ones would would be most negatively affected by not playing it all the time.
                      As I said previously, an overall ranking taking all of your table ranks into account would seem to be the best system and would be an incentive for anyone to purchase all the tables.
                      I respect that they tried something different, and I hope they continue to innovate. But with the platform tying everything in like it currently does, and ZEN official tourneys and player run competitions, this table becomes significantly out of place. If each table had a tournament mode, which in Spider Man's case could not carry over your best levels, or better yet, player customizable rules sets, which could be shared among friends and leagues, with leaderboards for the custom rules that didn't affect superscore, but could be used for player-run competitions would be a great way to help fix this, and scoring issues that may arise with future tables.

Comment

• caper_26
                        • Jul 2009

Originally posted by Womble
                        <snip>

How does the timing on mode work? You start off with 15 seconds to hit the right loop but eventually it goes back down to 4 seconds? What causes it to go back to 15 seconds? (The loss of a ball?)
                        Anyone have an answer for this?? Increasing the time to hit the orbit from 4 seconds??
                        Check out my youtube videos for basic pinball strategies: caperUnderscore26

Comment

• BPestZ
                          • Jan 2012

Originally posted by caper_26
                          Anyone have an answer for this?? Increasing the time to hit the orbit from 4 seconds??
                          I think the timer for that resets to 15 seconds around level 45 or 46. This is from this thread https://forum.zenstudios.com/showthr...-GP-Season-One on 11-22-11 by Nekro Neko.

-B

Comment

• caper_26
                            • Jul 2009

thanks dude. I knew my timer reset at some point, and wasn't sure if it was because I did the CC mission or if I lost a ball. Anyway, got to level 90 anyway for JJ, worth over 26M during bonus. Time to get my dismal hero score up. hero scores should be weighted according to table difficulty IMO
                            do you know if the GG mission timer resets ? I find after a few of his missions, the time expires so fast it is impossible to finish, especially during the 2 bomb mission with him flying back and forth like a flea on a hot-plate...
                            Check out my youtube videos for basic pinball strategies: caperUnderscore26

Comment

• BPestZ
                              • Jan 2012

Originally posted by caper_26
                              thanks dude. I knew my timer reset at some point, and wasn't sure if it was because I did the CC mission or if I lost a ball. Anyway, got to level 90 anyway for JJ, worth over 26M during bonus. Time to get my dismal hero score up. hero scores should be weighted according to table difficulty IMO
                              do you know if the GG mission timer resets ? I find after a few of his missions, the time expires so fast it is impossible to finish, especially during the 2 bomb mission with him flying back and forth like a flea on a hot-plate...
                              I have never heard of anyone who reset the gg timer. I hope they post a video of it to YouTube and brag about it if they do! Heard even doc ock gets somewhat unbeatable in the low 20's or high teens.

Comment

• OriginalEther
                                • Feb 2013

Guess this is the best thread for this....

Hall of Fame - 10,000 points
                                Default bonus

Spidey Letter - 20,000 points per letter
                                Lighting up a SPIDEY letter via the left or right orbit

Rooftop jumps - 5,000 points per jump
                                Hitting Spiderman's and Mary Jane's house. I believe MJ has to appear for it to count, ie I don't think counts if hit during a mission.

Spidey Sense - 5,000 or 10,000 points per hit.
                                I haven't figured this one out yet.

Front Page Picture - 30,000 points per hit.
                                The Front Page picture replaces the Johan Jameson mission after a villian is defeated (Doc Ock, Green Goblin, Mysterio). It remains until the shot is hit or the ball is lost.

Skill Shot - 30,000 points per hit.
                                Hit the skill shot hole hidden behind the bumpers.

Commentary: As the above thread shows, for a high scoring table, the end of ball bonuses yield a rather low reward, at least compared to the rest of the table. Still, you can rack up an okay amount of points just by default just by keeping the ball alive.
                                Tables completed: Ms Splosion Man, Spiderman, BioLab, Captain America, Empire Strikes Back, The Avengers, Wolverine, World War Hulk, Sorcerer's Lair, Fantastic Four, Blade, X-Men, Thor, Moon Knight, Infinity Gauntlet, Super League Football, Starfighter Assault, Han Solo
                                Billionaire's Club: Spider-Man, World War Hulk, The Avengers, Sorcerer's Lair, Empire Strikes Back, Captain America, Ms. Splosion Man, Han Solo

Comment

Working...