Thread: Buccaneer - What am I missing?

Default Buccaneer - What am I missing?

Ok, I sat down today to give Buccaneer another chance and I plugged away at it for a few hours straight including a new high score for me....15 million?!? Seriously, I played 9 freaking balls for what seemed like almost an hour and got 15 million points? Granted, I play alone and I can't watch the display and play at the time but how about a nod in the direction of WTF I am supposed to be doing?

Welcome to Buccaneer.

And this is how the game plays after Zen re-worked it for PBFX2.

I'm hoping they decide to revisit it in a future update, because the theme had promise.

The audio -- like most earlier Zen games -- needs a lot of work. The music is OK but there's very little audio-visual payoff for your actions. (You can get extra balls without even knowing it, and you can easily miss the Jackpot clues.)

It also needs geometry changes -- this thing is a drain monster unless you grind it for Frenzy multi-ball -- and some rules/scoring fixes.
    Last edited by Womble; 02-21-2011 at 04:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Womble View Post
    The audio -- like most earlier Zen games -- needs a lot of work. The music is OK but there's very little audio-visual payoff for your actions. (You can get extra balls without even knowing it, and you can easily miss the Jackpot clues.)
    Excactly! When you are focused so visually on keeping the ball alive, Audio is key to letting you know what is going on. The newer tables do a much better job but even Excalibur does not have a audio clue for 'you failed this mission' which would help tremendously. Thanks for the feedback!

I believe, what you are missing is the ease at which the wizard mode is activated. Unlike any other Fx table, after completing a mission, you can play another one without reactivating them. What I mean is, you only have to spell PIRATES one time, to play every mission. (as long as you beat them). Therfore the wizard mode can beactivated faster than any other table as the missions are rather easy. The only one IMO that causes any problems is gunfire, as the bumpers are a bit random.

Thanks Logic! I will give it another go with that in mind!