Thread: Update

Default Update

There's been an update for Marvel Pinball. It's only a small download. Anyone have any idea what it could be?

I'm curious too!

My best bet is that it just fixes a couple of glitches that have been reported here.

Yeah would be nice to know.

I've only played the Iron Man table since the update and I've noticed these 3 changes so far.

When you used to view the table by holding down the square button. (Intro View) The focus wouldn't come back to the spring properly, so you weren't able to gauge your spring shot. - That has been fixed.

Now when you die on your 3rd ball... instead of hearing Tony Starks say, "And that's why I have more than one suit". He now says, "Pepper, serious need of repair here."

And finally, they must have done something to improve the bumper action. Because I don't recall ever getting 6X in all the games I've played before. I got it on my first ball after updating the game. Nudging the bumpers will send the ball up into the 3 switches a lot more often than it did before.

There's one more when I think about it, but I'm not too sure if it is or not. Someone else would have to confirm it. The ball seems to magnetically climb the Stark Tower ramp a little better than it used to. Especially when you reach the top with a slow ball, the ball used to come shooting back down, now it seems to get a magnetic pull to make it over the ramp. This one might just be my imagination though.

Quote Originally Posted by DZucker View Post
    I've only played the Iron Man table since the update and I've noticed these 3 changes so far.

When you used to view the table by holding down the square button. (Intro View) The focus wouldn't come back to the spring properly, so you weren't able to gauge your spring shot. - That has been fixed.

Now when you die on your 3rd ball... instead of hearing Tony Starks say, "And that's why I have more than one suit". He now says, "Pepper, serious need of repair here."

And finally, they must have done something to improve the bumper action. Because I don't recall ever getting 6X in all the games I've played before. I got it on my first ball after updating the game. Nudging the bumpers will send the ball up into the 3 switches a lot more often than it did before.
    I noticed the last two, but not the first one. It probably just slipped my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by DZucker View Post
    There's one more when I think about it, but I'm not too sure if it is or not. Someone else would have to confirm it. The ball seems to magnetically climb the Stark Tower ramp a little better than it used to. Especially when you reach the top with a slow ball, the ball used to come shooting back down, now it seems to get a magnetic pull to make it over the ramp. This one might just be my imagination though.
    Come to think of it. I noticed that the ball was acting differently on the ramp, but I didn't put much thought to it.

I played Wolverine and Spiderman today after the update. I noticed that Doc Ock's tentacles grab the ball much better now and more precisely. It doesn't throw them out of the table often and when it did, the table automatically launched a new ball.

I didn't notice any changes with the Wolverine table.

Great to see that some of these things are getting fixed.

Have the camera angles been changed at all? In particular the long distance of view number 6?

Apparently they added some sort of Facebook something or other. I dont really know. I seen it on their Facebook page(www.facebook.com/zenstudios). I cant really test it out myself as i dont have a Facebook account.

hi, i start marvelpinball today, but there is no update. i'm from germany

Quote Originally Posted by shogun00 View Post
    I didn't notice any changes with the Wolverine table.
    Correction! There is one very noticeable change. When you pop the ball into the Saber Tooth wheel, the ball save now turns on for a couple seconds to prevent an instant center drain.

Quote Originally Posted by jayedge View Post
    hi, i start marvelpinball today, but there is no update. i'm from germany
    When does the PSN store update in Germany? I think that will be the day when the update will be released for you guys.

Quote Originally Posted by shogun00 View Post
    When does the PSN store update in Germany? I think that will be the day when the update will be released for you guys.
    the psn store update was yesterday evening, i check mp today but no update here.

If u just bought Marvel Pinball recently, the update should have been automatic or "built in" when you downloaded the game.
    Last edited by JbombTheGreat; 03-07-2011 at 07:14 AM.

still no update here - what's happen?