Thread: pasha oasis skill shot is too damn hard

Default pasha oasis skill shot is too damn hard

maybe it is just me but the ramp for that shot is just plain crazy. if you are shooting it after it comes out of the top you have almost no time to see the shot coming, and have to do it on instinct or maybe sense of smell? and if you do it through the start the book side, the ramp is soooo long the ball runs out of steam before it makes it to the hole. i have tried this skill shot MANY MANY MANY times, and never once made it by firing up the open the book area and catching it as it comes down again.

am i crazy? this shot seem incredibly difficult to me!

Agree. So many shots in FBfx2 are hard to get not only in pasha. Not to mention how hard is to get an extra ball.
    i know there are many pinball wizards out there but most of the people playing PBFX2 have big trouble to end match with more than 3 balls.

I have to agree. That is not a fun shot.

Also, not a fan of the "running" mini-game. I just can't do it.

I did manage to finally beat all the palace guards, and get the achievement, though.

ok i was going to write that the shot was genuinely impossible from the open the book side, but i JUST MADE IT. i was so shocked i flubbed the battlefield mini game and then proceeded to yell a string of expletives that would shame a sailor, but i just made it!!!!!! it is possible!!!!!! but in practical terms, it is not. i have had dozens upon dozens (possibly even triple digit) times that the ball rolled up some ways then rolled down. i am about to try and train myself to bump the table to try and give it that extra oomph.

i realize the likely hood of a pinball game getting patched is about nil, but seriously, if you were inclined to patch it, all you would have to do it make the flipper up there just a touch more powerful and it would not be the exercise in frustration that it is.

for reference purposes, i got the magnet mini game down about 150 games before i ever got the oasis skill shot to happen from the book side. and about 50 games ago i started practicing the open the book into oasis skill shot basiclly exclusively.

also, same game i had the ball drain from the flying carpet completion, never got to touch a paddle or influence it once...
    Last edited by smilingsaint; 03-07-2011 at 04:11 AM.

That oasis shot is definately a pain, if i could get it on a regular basis i'd hit 150 mil on that table for sure, but im stuck at 41 or so ... one of the very best table though in my book ..

Quote Originally Posted by X DrLobo View Post
    That oasis shot is definately a pain, if i could get it on a regular basis i'd hit 150 mil on that table for sure, but im stuck at 41 or so ... one of the very best table though in my book ..
    Really difficult to explain this shot but you shoot at the left orbit and listen for the spinner. It makes two whirry sound and you flip on the third.

I guess it depends on how you hit the ball in the first place off of the right flipper but I can get it one in 4 shots.

Awesome table though. For me the best way of getting a nice score is to relock all balls during the snake multiball. That is a big earner

mrbingo, do you have any tip on how to do it off the through the bumpers open the book of tales shot? that is the one i was originally complaining about.

Quote Originally Posted by IAMMRBONGO View Post
    Really difficult to explain this shot but you shoot at the left orbit and listen for the spinner. It makes two whirry sound and you flip on the thirdr
    I've FINALLY managed to do the magnet game (huzzah), but I cannot get the oasis shot, at least not deliberately.

I figure I've shot the left loop many hundreds of times by now -- dozens of times today alone -- and despite many changes in timing, not once have I hit that ball properly.

For me the best way of getting a nice score is to relock all balls during the snake multiball. That is a big earner
    I kept managing to do this, but I don't know how. How do you re-lock the balls? Shoot in to the pit behind the snake-eyes? I'm too busy hitting the flippers (and panicking) to see.

But yeah, it's very lucrative.

As is the cave. I thought it was a complete waste of time at first (250K? Pfft!) But it's an easy, safe shot for a million apiece.
    Last edited by Womble; 03-15-2011 at 08:53 AM.

if i'm not mistaking you get 5 millions for each hole you fill ... so first do the ramps to get treasures, then lock the balls, behind the snake eyes, in the infamous oasis .. and i guess in the palace ... those two shots needing double action from the above flippers, i guess it's safer to first lock in the snake ...then try the other shots while only 2 balls are remaining ...

You may get also the jackpot in the lamp charging ramp but i don't really know how it works ... well, in fact i'm not sure about everything i just said

I really hate this shot.

I can hit it some-what regularly but generally not under pressure during the *find the oasis* event.

I find it easier from the left loop; the problem there though is the ball is likely to try to drain from that shot if you aren't quick enough with the upper flipper.

Going the other way I just can't get enough power behind the ball. I am not sure if the upper flipper needs to be strengthened a bit or if there is just a particular knack for it.

This shot is tame for me compared to the Rome side of romulus head shot. That one is a real problem for me.

KickBeaten Down

Quote Originally Posted by Cloda View Post
    This shot is tame for me compared to the Rome side of romulus head shot. That one is a real problem for me.
    The thing that makes that shot easier is that you can practice it by restarting the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Solitude View Post
    The thing that makes that shot easier is that you can practice it by restarting the game.
    My success rate on that shot (janus head not romulus as I incorrectly stated) is very low, even after practicing it time and time again. Anyways, I have made peace with it a long time ago and still love playing Rome, I just don't usually benefit from the Romulus multiball .

The difference for me is that in Pasha you usually have more than enough time to hit the Oasis and so it doesn't feel for me as if it is making it hard for me to complete any of the modes.

i think one thing i might have misrepresented in my original post about this shot is that the target area, ie the mouth of the ramp, is fine. hard but fine. the ramp itself is simply much too steep. the ball rolls part way up then rolls back down, similar to shooting for the cave of wonders when the ball doesn't make it all the way up.

today i finally hit wizard mode on pasha and since it seems to be a very forgiving mode i managed to finish it too, and in that game alone i had a double digit number of balls roll up that ramp and roll back down again. they would come teasingly close, sadistically, torturously close, and then roll back down again.

thank-you zen for a fantastic pinball game.

i cant wait for the android pinball app, so i can give my father a gift he would never have thought to get for himself.

Quote Originally Posted by smilingsaint View Post
    i think one thing i might have misrepresented in my original post about this shot is that the target area, ie the mouth of the ramp, is fine. hard but fine. the ramp itself is simply much too steep. the ball rolls part way up then rolls back down, similar to shooting for the cave of wonders when the ball doesn't make it all the way up.

today i finally hit wizard mode on pasha and since it seems to be a very forgiving mode i managed to finish it too, and in that game alone i had a double digit number of balls roll up that ramp and roll back down again. they would come teasingly close, sadistically, torturously close, and then roll back down again.

thank-you zen for a fantastic pinball game.

i cant wait for the android pinball app, so i can give my father a gift he would never have thought to get for himself.
    I understood what you said, I just for some or other reason don't have the same frustrations you have with this shot. I play it on the factory settings without adjusting my flipper strength. I guess there might be something to the particular controller you use to make that shot more difficult for you.