Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lukky NL
    • Oct 2010

Please Zen! Please rell us something.

I've contacted Zen on Twitter a couple of times, but I got no reaction which I find a little strange. So I'll try it here instead.

Can Zen please tell us more about the development of the new tables? I think it couldn't hurt to tell your fanbase how everything is progressing and what you do with the feedback. Or maybe even ask us about opinions.

Just keep the community alive and kicking!
  • MAXIBODYALIVE
    • Dec 2010

zen studios is very good at programming pinball but very disappointing in supporting community forum.
    Despiting thousands of enthusiast players they give very little infos about their work including not releasing any official guide to their tables leaving this hard task to the players theirselves.

Comment

• Vincent
      Pinball Wizard
      • Sep 2010

Originally posted by MAXIBODYALIVE
      zen studios is very good at programming pinball but very disappointing in supporting community forum.
      Despiting thousands of enthusiast players they give very little infos about their work including not releasing any official guide to their tables leaving this hard task to the players theirselves.

Come on... Let's take things into consideration, shall we ?

I think we all share your impatience. But I believe you're being a bit harsh towards people who work at Zen.

I partly agree with you of course. Solitude told us, more than a month ago : "From what I understand, there will be a game update coming out in the next couple weeks or so, and Mars and Paranormal will come out soon after." And while we don't see anything coming, neither any game update nor any table, they are not releasing any more information...

But on the other hand, do you know a lot of game developers who make available for their fans a forum on which they can give their opinions and even ask questions to a representative ? A lot of them don't even bother to do that, and do you know why ? Precisely in order to avoid such problems : unhappy fans complaining that they don't communicate enough and, in a way, putting pressure on them...

So what is going to happen if we aren't nice to them and require too much from them while they are - well it's my opinion - already very nice to their fans ? They will just stop answering us or even close the forum and what can we say then ? We will have won the jackpot... They can do it, it won't prevent them from selling their games...

Finally, I would like to say that Zsolt Kigyossy has always answered very kindly to my e-mails, and although I don't know him, he sounds like a very human man who is very sensitive to any marks of support from his fans.

Let me recall you what he declared about Pinball FX 2 : "We have been listening to our fans and building the pinball game that they envisioned." I believe it to be one of the main reasons why he decided to let them upgrade all their tables for free. So this is not true, they don't "despise" their fans...

Comment

• KGSoloman8000
        • Jan 2011

Just be patient... We will get some new info soon. I'm hoping within the next week or so, but if it's longer than that its ok...

Zen loves their fans and supporters... Evidence is right here in these forums. Solitude does the best he can to keep up with the forums... You have to remember Zen has released 8 brand spanking new tables since the release of FX2 which was less than 6 months ago. Let them enjoy their success with FX2 right now and cut them some slack on giving us insider info on whats coming out next. Let them work on their own time table.

From what I've read... They are trying to get to a point where they will have a new table for us on a monthly basis. That sounds great to me and if they need a little time to set something like that in motion that is completely fine with me

Continue the great work Zen, and I look forward to any release info that you have for us in the near future. Thanks.

Comment

• rapierdwit
          • Jan 2011

You do realize that Zen Studios is in Budapest and, I would hazard a educated guess from being a EIC of a video game magazine, that there PR/marketing/twitter/everything else is ran out of the U.S. by a staff of about one person. I am sure Solitude passes on every bit of info that he is allowed to. Sit back, relax, pretend it is a game, maybe it will even be fun.

Comment

• Solitude
            KickBeaten Down
            • Mar 2010

We're still working on getting the update and Mars/Paranormal out. It will definitely happen sometime this month, but I am not sure when.

I am guessing that Mars and Paranormal will come out in March and April, but I'm not 100% sure yet.

We also have a bunch tables (mostly Marvel) in production. Once those start coming out, you'll see a new one every month or two.

Comment

• Womble
              • Nov 2010

Thanks Solitude.

Love you longtime.

Comment

• The Albin0 Rhin0
                • Jan 2011

Hey guys, think about it...

If you want Zen to announce something, it would probably be unfinished, and the excitement would be great for quite awhile then it would just die down. Because you would want it now. eg: Mars and Paranormal (i am the same way)

But if you wait for their time to announce something, (keyword: wait) well... Good things happen to those who wait.

Solitude, thank you for everything, you have given us great feedback, although its disappointing that Mars and Paranormal along with the update have been pushed back, it doesn't change the fact that you guys are extremely busy (and extremely awesome) with projects, most notably Marvel Pinball DLC.

It will be interesting to see what Zen has in store for us, i honestly don't care when it will be released, because all of us on the Xbox have access to 17 tables! that is crazy, that is alot of pinball that everyone could be playing! It's like owning our own pinball arcade. What other studio would commit itself to provide high detail work for pinball?

Comment

• Vincent
                  Pinball Wizard
                  • Sep 2010

Well spoken everyone ! Wise words...

Comment

• Lukky NL
                    • Oct 2010

I didn't create the topic to upset anybody. I'm sorry if I did. I know soltitude does his best and he has been awesome.

I'm just curious glad to see the board alive again though

Comment

• kimkom
                      • Sep 2010

Originally posted by Solitude
                      We also have a bunch tables (mostly Marvel) in production. Once those start coming out, you'll see a new one every month or two.
                      Hmmm... intriguing Mostly Marvel eh? I wonder what else is in the works?

@Solitude, how about you pop round to the development studio, take some sneaky photos, then post them on here for us?

Comment

• Vincent
                        Pinball Wizard
                        • Sep 2010

Marvel is ok but I didn't fall in love with the tables like I did with PFX2 Core... I hope they will not mostly lean upon the Marvel franchise...

Comment

• RonnyRAGE
                          • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Solitude
                          We're still working on getting the update and Mars/Paranormal out. It will definitely happen sometime this month, but I am not sure when.

I am guessing that Mars and Paranormal will come out in March and April, but I'm not 100% sure yet.

Solitude your awesome but you said the same thing last month

Comment

• Flynn74
                            • Jan 2011

and we are nearing the middle of this month already. Beginning to think that there may not be a new table released in March after all. Which is good if the reason for delay is making sure the tables are glitch free. I'm still thirsty for info though...

Comment

• Lepruk86
                              • Dec 2010

I am quite lucky at the moment as I have only really played about 3 tables to the extent where i understand them fully (Pasha, Spider-man and Iron Man).

I still only own 13/17 as well so I have some games to play yet. I have noticed that less people are logging into PBFX2 on my friend's list at the moment. I play at least a couple of rounds a week. I guess other people have finished and gotten the scores they want etc out of them.

Comment

Working...