Thread: PBFX2 Update is Live

Default PBFX2 Update is Live

PBFX2 Update is live. It's tiny at only 4MB.

Played Rocky & Bullwinkle, just to get a score. Unfortunately, it's still a bad table. The left ramp can dump the ball directly to the right outlane. Ball Saver is worth 10 seconds. (Why bother?) Worse, Ball Savers don't accrue, so if you spell CAKE with 2 seconds of Ball Saver left, the Ball Saver still disappears after 2 seconds. Grrr.) And the table still has slingshots and outlanes from hell. Pass.

There's a welcome change to Wolverine though: you get a few seconds worth of Ball Saver when the ball drops down the middle from Sabretooth's circle thing.

I noticed the patch this morning but hadn't really found any significant differences; is there a patch list somewhere that i have missed? Also does this mean we get a new table sometime today as well? As I thought the patch and table would come together...

Yep, on first glance this looks like a minor update. Still no hot-seat multiplayer for the older tables, which is a shame.

If Zen have abandoned any plans to include this feature on older tables I wish they would let us know one way or the other.

If it's due to time constraints or problems with the old code I have no problem with that at all. If Zen are prioritizing in favor of new material, then again, I'm happy with that (although some new info would help any loss of interest some players may now be feeling).

It just would be nice to know of Zen's plans for:
    1. Hot-seat on older tables(if there are any), and
    2. for any forthcoming additional content.

@Womble: I do not agree at all that R&B is a bad table, this is one I play quite often and I enjoy the retro look/feel Zen have used on this one. It makes for a nice change.

Thanks Zen, hope to hear something soon.

let's see IF Zen support this time will give us small info about this update. Just if this dont bother them, of course........;-/

Quote Originally Posted by Womble View Post
    PBFX2 Update is live. It's tiny at only 4MB.

Played Rocky & Bullwinkle, just to get a score. Unfortunately, it's still a bad table. The left ramp can dump the ball directly to the right outlane. Ball Saver is worth 10 seconds. (Why bother?) Worse, Ball Savers don't accrue, so if you spell CAKE with 2 seconds of Ball Saver left, the Ball Saver still disappears after 2 seconds. Grrr.) And the table still has slingshots and outlanes from hell. Pass.

There's a welcome change to Wolverine though: you get a few seconds worth of Ball Saver when the ball drops down the middle from Sabretooth's circle thing.
    I do know that the update has changed the way it plays the ball drains way more now than it used to i'm finding it hard to get 10m

Nice to see that the first patch has been released

That means either Mars or Paranormal shouldn't be far behind...

I hope Zen provides us with a list of all that was done in the new patch, rather than having to find out them all on my own.

KickBeaten Down

This update is only bug fixes and preparation for Mars/Paranormal release. I don't think any new features were added. But they are coming eventually!

Quote Originally Posted by kimkom View Post

@Womble: I do not agree at all that R&B is a bad table, this is one I play quite often and I enjoy the retro look/feel Zen have used on this one. It makes for a nice change.
    I like the theme and the general art direction, but the slingshots and subsequent outlane drains are too brutal for my tastes. God help anyone who deliberately shoots for BOXTOPS. And having a core shot partially hidden from normal camera angles doesn't help.

However, I've finally managed to get the "Boxtops" cheevo. Mayhaps Zen's update made it easier? Either way, I'll take the 30G thanks!

This update did not address a multi-ball bug/glitch with the Rocky & Bullwinkle table for me. I was still able to get the 3rd ball "stuck" in the lock area during multi-ball. This issue has occurred randomly for me since playing this table in Pinball FX2.

Any chance we could get a list of the bug fixes Solitude?

Quote Originally Posted by IndyRC_Racer View Post
    This update did not address a multi-ball bug/glitch with the Rocky & Bullwinkle table for me. I was still able to get the 3rd ball "stuck" in the lock area during multi-ball. This issue has occurred randomly for me since playing this table in Pinball FX2.
    True... It actually seems to happen more often than it did before. Although the points don't rack up like they used to.

Also what Indy mentioned in another thread about resetting the superscore leaderboard as well. That needs to be done. Hopefully it's possible without erasing all of our scores.

Noticed a few things that others have mentioned such as the ball save is now active when dropping out of the Sabretooth disc on the Wolverine table... but a list of all the bugfixes and changes would be pretty cool to read thru if it's availible... Thanks Solitude.

It looks like after the update, my local game is keeping track of a different Super Score than what is on the leaderboards. This is due to the fact that I lost my old score on R&B.

Not sure if there is a way to sync my new score with the leaderboard, but that would be great. I would think if Zen reset the Superscore leaderboard, all everyone would have to do is play 1 quick game and it should sync our new score with the leaderboard??

----------------------

Speaking of scoring, I was able to score 178 million of R&B tonight, which was 4th overall at the time of the post. I noticed that only the ramp score was nerfed/reduced. All of the other scoring on this table seemed to be intact. Therefore, completing the missions is going to actually be worth doing now!!!

I really don't see the point in releasing such a derisory update...

1. Still no hot-seat mp for Excalibur and Earth Defense...

2. If there was a leaderboard that ought to be reset, that would have been Buccanneer's... this table NEEDS modifications... much more than R&B !!

3. It seems to be useless : "This update did not address a multi-ball bug/glitch with the Rocky & Bullwinkle table for me. I was still able to get the 3rd ball "stuck" in the lock area during multi-ball."

Quote Originally Posted by Vincent View Post
    I really don't see the point in releasing such a derisory update...

1. Still no hot-seat mp for Excalibur and Earth Defense...

2. If there was a leaderboard that ought to be reset, that would have been Buccanneer's... this table NEEDS modifications... much more than R&B !!

3. It seems to be useless : "This update did not address a multi-ball bug/glitch with the Rocky & Bullwinkle table for me. I was still able to get the 3rd ball "stuck" in the lock area during multi-ball."
    Solitude did explain that the main reason for the update is in preparation for hosting Mars and Paranormal - the major update will follow at a later stage.

Yes I can read, thanks, but I still don't see the point in resetting R&B leaderboards and not resetting Buccaneer after making it more playable, and i regret that hot-seat mp for Excalibur and Earth Defense takes so long while it was available in PFX1...

Default Mortal Kombat Pinball is it happening?

Quote Originally Posted by Solitude View Post
    This update is only bug fixes and preparation for Mars/Paranormal release. I don't think any new features were added. But they are coming eventually!
    Getting tired of waiting for these tables don't you want my money? Also will Ninja G ever come over to PBFX2?